Only 0 spot left.. We did it!

justjoseph63

Aim is getting better, we are almost there. And they say we can't hit anything, they obviously forgot about Leia, also Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru :laugh1:

goal.png.06980a9aed11f8df2bc281c03c970486.png

• Like 8

And the below from my alter-ego, TK-8020: 

A friend of mine sent me this link : <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stormtrooper_effect/" target="_blank">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stormtrooper_effect/</a>

A person on the same forum replied:

"Nice analysis. I think the baddies in any movie, including those made long before SW, always get wasted en masse by the heroes. They wouldn't be heroes if they couldn't, right? Watch a WWII flick and you'll soon lose count on the number of nazis that are mown down by just a handful of guys - remember 'The Dirty Dozen'?

Maybe they're picking on the poor stormies just because SW happens to be one of the most popular and high-profile movies of all time. Does this include the pilots?"

My interpretation was:

"Probably not. The rebels lost all but two pilots (Wedge/Luke) in ANH, with the impression that all were lost in ship to ship combat. And IIRC, Han barely escaped by the skin of his teeth in ESB. The rebels weren't doing too hot in ROTJ until the Death Star got defeated either."

Below are my thoughts from the perspective of my alter ego, TK(TD)8020.

OK, I just have to defend our guys in black and white.

First off, I was there in docking bay 94. Our orders were to stop the ship. The only reason that scruffy Correlian lived was because we weren't aiming for him. If we killed him and the ship got away we'd be disobeying orders, so everyone aimed for things like the insystem flight controls to keep them from taking off, or to cripple them so they couldn't run in case they did get off. That was the priority. Yeah, a few of us bought it, but not everyone had the opportunity to run for cover & there was a pretty powerful laser cannon swinging our way...I like to think we were able to soften up at least the lateral controls. My buds in orbit said it wasn't maneuvering all that well and they barely escaped.

Now I wasn't on the Death Star when all that hullaballoo went on (though I was earlier), but I talked to another of my buds who was, and he said that Vader had issued orders that those prisoners were not to be killed and to let them get away. So all that running around escaping bit you hear about? Well let me tell you they were only supposed to keep up enough fire to keep them running, not to kill them. At any cost. And the ship escaping? Same thing, he was in the docking bay (what a coincidence - both of us doing the same thing) and he told me that they were told just to aim to miss, e.g. let them get away. Why? Vader's idea. Dumb move if you ask me. So us guys in white did an outstanding job when you understand what was going on.

And the TIE pilots? Again, they kicked some major butt. Only two rebel ships plus that frieghter got away - the rest destroyed in ship to ship combat. Yeah, our TIE guys don't get nearly enough credit as they deserve.

Endor? Jeesh, I never hear the end of it. Listen, those guys were all ROADs (retired on active duty) and guys out of basic. Apparently the higher ups thought Endor duty was pretty low risk what with all the other hardware around, and it was just after holiday. Most of them were pretty toasted. And my cousin who's in intelligence and watched some of the classified security tapes told me that they were very much outnumbered, more so than the general public was led to believe. As if a small band or so locals could defeat troopers. As if. There were a lot more of those little fur coats around and a lot of them bought it before our troops were overwhelmed. Dirty little secret the rebels didn't want to reveal - made them look much tougher than they really were.

OK long story short. We've gotten a lot of flack and some writers and what not have tried to lump us in with the sorry suckers of other military forces, but the reality of the situation is that we're the elite, and don't go down as easily as we're made out to be.

TK/TD-8020

In other words, we are very, very accurate. Any claims to the contrary are alternative facts.

• Like 2

Only 5 spots, wait what, a moment ago it was 6 :popcorn:

I guess you are all waiting for another sneak peek then ............................

Well okay then!      Sneak 19.jpg

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Sly11 said:

Only 5 spots, wait what, a moment ago it was 6 :popcorn:

I guess you are all waiting for another sneak peek then ............................

Well okay then!      Sneak 19.jpg

That can’t be the EIB patch. Too much paint on the frown! :laugh1:

44 minutes ago, Daetrin said:

And the below from my alter-ego, TK-8020: 

In other words, we are very, very accurate. Any claims to the contrary are alternative facts.

The rebels are terrorists who blew up TWO death stars and killed countless INNOCENT imperial subjects.

Why they get all the PR, I will never understand.

• Like 2

To the future troopers like myself who are building their first kits and to the members trying to get approved, remember that being in the first 1k for EIB is not something to worry about! Rushing to get the job done goes against the spirit of why EIB exists in the first place. It's supposed to award patience and attention to detail. Something that I feel many people (including myself) are forgetting, and rushing our first builds/making changes to our armor just runs the risk of doing something dumb in the name of saving time and cutting corners... sometimes the wrong corners!

We may not get in the first 1k, but the real important thing is the experience of building the armor and take the time to really learn it and appreciate it. If you are not within the first 1k EIB but really wanted to get in that bracket, don't be disappointed. Instead, look at the next step. We have what, 500 more centurions to go for 1k? Now that is a bracket everyone reading this thread can strive for. We got so many people pumped with this competition to reach for EIB, why not continue the momentum and make for 1k Centurions! Now that would be a truly amazing milestone not just for FISD, but to the entire Star Wars costuming community!

TL/DR: Don't rush it, don't worry about it, just focus on getting to Centurion :P

• Like 10

16 hours ago, TheDecisiveRaindrop said:

To the future troopers like myself who are building their first kits and to the members trying to get approved, remember that being in the first 1k for EIB is not something to worry about! Rushing to get the job done goes against the spirit of why EIB exists in the first place. It's supposed to award patience and attention to detail. Something that I feel many people (including myself) are forgetting, and rushing our first builds/making changes to our armor just runs the risk of doing something dumb in the name of saving time and cutting corners... sometimes the wrong corners!

We may not get in the first 1k, but the real important thing is the experience of building the armor and take the time to really learn it and appreciate it. If you are not within the first 1k EIB but really wanted to get in that bracket, don't be disappointed. Instead, look at the next step. We have what, 500 more centurions to go for 1k? Now that is a bracket everyone reading this thread can strive for. We got so many people pumped with this competition to reach for EIB, why not continue the momentum and make for 1k Centurions! Now that would be a truly amazing milestone not just for FISD, but to the entire Star Wars costuming community!

TL/DR: Don't rush it, don't worry about it, just focus on getting to Centurion :P

JR you are very correct, rushing and risking isn't what this or EI s about.

This is but a milestone that has taken a 14 year long journey, there will be many more milestones to come, and we the staff, already have plans in place for one that is much closer than 1000 Centurions ;) although that indeed will be a remarkable accomplishment in itself.

Of course nothing will be revealed/announced etc about that milestone until this one is reached and we have a chance to celebrate a little.

The main reason why I made the call to have the special merch item available to all 501st approved Detachment members was so everyone could have something to remember it by, and they will be able to purchase more than one of this item. This allows for the possibility of these coming up for trade or a member may be happy to sell one to you once you are 501st approved.

I have tried to think of everything to cover as many as possible with this achievement and celebration for our detachment.

I have more that will be announced in the near future so don't feel like you missed the boat on this, there is more to come.

I am proud of every single member that strives to go the extra mile and we always look to reward where we can. Stay tuned folks.

• Like 5

Att all approved and very soon to be approved Stormtroopers!

This is the reveal you have all been waiting for.

We have 5 approvals left to hit the march to 1000, and the Deployment office are currently working on applications as we speak.

We are literally getting down to the line and considering we will also have an EI 1000 only piece of merch to be revealed in the very near future, it is time for you all to see our major celebratory merch design.

This will be in the form of an 11" patch, a celebration of all that came before us right up to the now, but first lets thank those that helped with this project.

Synaptyx (Aaron), one of the detachments very first webmasters with a great creative flare , it was his design that inspired this merch item, and he actually still had files of his original design which he shared so we had a starting platform to work from.

I would also like to thank Harbinger (Brien) our former DMBO, now one of the LMBO's, who helped bring my vision of this item into its current form, redesigning and creating new additions, thanks mate, it looks fantastic.

I would also like to thank all the staff who helped with the brain storming and suggestions for how the end result should look, when we would reveal it, and all the fun that went along with finally arriving at this point.

So without further ado here is the Victory 1000 11" patch special merch item.

Oh yeah, turn your audio up :D

• Like 14

IMPORTANT!

Please note that the patch run will start soon, but is not underway yet.  An announcement will be made when the run opens re: price, shipping info. etc., so bear with us while we iron out a few final details.  Thanks!!

By the way, for those who are a part of the original 1000 we have yet another surprise just for you.... details to follow.;)

• Like 8

And the video! Kudos to @synaptyx who did the original design for the 5th anniversary this was based off, @Harbinger for making a fantastic patch, and to @Sly11 for keeping the dream alive and getting it across the finish line.   This goal has been 14 years in the making.

• Like 8

Holy cow! Love the patch. Come on y’all, (that’s southern talk for “youse guys” up north), focus, take your time and it will happen. I have confidence in y’all. We are all in this together . We’re all in the trooper Family.  Woo hoo. For you and the Empire!

• Like 3

That is absolutely fantastic. I cannot wait to add a few of those to my little patch collection. Congratulations to all involved in this, especially to the first 1000 EIB when we hit the milestone. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TK-42134 said:

While I like the patch, this is the best part of the video:
:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to screen cap that little insert :laugh1:

The hope was it might give a few a bit of a laugh, and my job here is done :)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, TK-42134 said:

While I like the patch, this is the best part of the video: b97830b21650950bdb40498250821c6e.jpg
:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LMAO...I had to go back and watch, as I didn’t even notice it the first 100 times I watched it.

Edited by Firedog
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Daetrin said:

Kudos to @synaptyx who did the original design for the 5th anniversary this was based off

A fantastic guy, when I tracked him down through his old email address (which he told me he hardly uses and was just pure luck he checked it) and asked if he had a copy of the original artwork he not only gave me access to it but also all the artwork he made while on FISD, massive thanks once again Aaron @synaptyx truly a man of our motto "troopers helping troopers"

• Like 9