Jump to content


501st Stormtrooper[TK]
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About DarthBiscuit

  • Rank
  • Birthday April 16

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location


  • FISD Supporter

Standard Info

  • Name
  • 501st ID
  • 501st Unit
    Golden Gate Garrison

Recent Profile Visitors

322 profile views
  1. TK-70017, a Rogue One Stormtrooper, reporting in! My journey started back in February, when I met up with a trooper and he showed me his costumes and the forums. I was hooked! I ordered my fiberglass R1TK bucket from Jimmiroquai and started working on it in April. In June I ordered his armor and two-piece undersuit. I finished just in time for Halloween and was approved as the 14th R1TK!! Let's see some more R1TKs!! My build thread and lessons learned: - I selected Jim's flexible fiberglass because I liked the crisp lines and thickness. It sounds more s
  2. And about 1,000 of those posts have been offering advice and guidance on my build. Thanks so much for all of it Glen!!
  3. @11b30b4 I've been approved! The Golden Gate Garrison GML approved me on Nov 16th, and I received my TKID 70017 on the 19th!
  4. TK-70017 California: Golden Gate Garrison 501st Profile: https://www.501st.com/members/displaymemberdetails.php?userID=33078 Requesting 501st status please!
  5. I just received my TKID and access to the 501st, but I can't create a topic in the Newly Approved Members - Sound Off! Forum. Is it locked? Do I just need to wait longer for the right permissions?
  6. I did it!! I gotta tell you, I'm also finishing up my master's degree right now. I just submitted the initial draft of my thesis to my advisors. BUT...receiving my approval to join the 501st through the Golden Gate Garrison from @RickyBoyBlue made me throw my arms up in triumph!! My wife rolled her eyes So proud to be joining this fine organization. Thanks for the support!! Just waiting on that TKID...
  7. I submitted to join the 501st through California's Golden Gate Garrison!! Wish me luck! Also, we all suited up and walked to my kids' school...one mile round trip! My armor did great, except for my left grave rotating. I'll stick some small velcro squares on my boots and hopefully solve that!
  8. Some gloss white touch up to the thighs and butt plate. Then a lot of trimming some elastic and webbing and installing snaps. The elastic holding my biceps to the bells will now be double-snapped. I tried again to CA glue the edges of the large ammo boxes to the belt. And I started redoing my thigh hanging straps.
  9. I took the last few days off, and spent it convincing myself to trim some more... I took an inch off from the top at the front of the thighs, then gradually curved it so the interior lowered a bit too, and blended into my old lines. I grinded and sanded them down. I think this will help raise them a little! I also trimmed a little from the V on the butt plate. Here's a before pic. Over the next few days I have some snaps to move and straps to adjust...
  10. Thanks Andrew! I mostly went off the old CRL so I'll def mention/link it, but I added some from the new CRL (to make Lvl 2 and 3 easier )!
  11. I submitted for Pre-Approval!! Will this work for an action shot? I already found a few fixes: - Adjust the back plate since it's slightly crooked in the pics - Adjust velcro to close greaves better - Raise bells so they're closer at the top - More glue to large ammo boxes, as their opposite sides are peeling up now - More snaps on bell/bicep elastic straps since one bicep popped off - Redo thigh straps since they loosen too easily - Elastic wraps to cover the thigh clips - Side plate foam so black doe
  12. 1. First/last name Dan Carrigan 2. Future Garrison/Squad/Outpost or local area Golden Gate Garrison 3. Armor maker Jimmiroquai 4. Helmet maker Jimmiroquai 5. Cloth belt maker N/A 6. Neck seal maker Jimmiroquai 7. Boot maker ImperialBoots 9. Blaster maker (if applicable N/A 10. Gasket maker (if applicable) Jimmiroquai 11. Height (optional) 5' 8" 12. Weight (optional) 150 13. TK type R1TK 14. Name(s) of any Trooper(s) who significantly helped with your build. gmrhodes13, TheRa
  13. I used E6000 on both ends of the ammo belt to adhere it to the right thigh. I fitted the thighs first and the snaps seem to be in the correct place and they didn't seem to rotate much when I walked around! I used E6000 on the outer side for the sniper knee plate. Since the greaves are still 2 separate pieces, I didn't want to E6000 the whole thing on. Instead I used 2 pieces of velcro to hold the center and inner edge in place. Hopefully this works out! And that's everything! I had some more issues with my large outer ammo boxes peeling off the belt, so I used
  14. I used E6000 to stick the snaps on thighs, along the side seam (per the CRL). When I try them on I'll decide if I need a "V" strap or a front strap. I also stuck snaps on the barrel and then prepped the straps and 1" clips. I gave in and E6000'd the TD to the belt. I wrapped tape around to hold it in place. Hopefully this works out, or I'll have to look into rivets...
  • Create New...