Hello from Maryland

6pack

Hi there!  I'm a life long Star Wars fan and have always wanted to have stormtrooper armor.  Now's the time.  I made an abortive first try by buying a kit from Jedi-robe, which I now know is not recommended.  The helmet doesn't fit at all, so I'm trying to return it.  Then I found this place, and my local Garrison, and their Academy.  I'm waiting for replies from them, but am researching more on here in the mean time.  One thing I did not expect was the number of different trooper armor out there.  Is there a thread that lists the different versions/styles?  I'm looking, but haven't found it yet.  And is there recommended full kit producers out there?  I found the list of who to avoid (like Jedi-robe), but haven't found a good list yet.

Thanks!

Paul

Edited by 6pack

Hi Paul.  Welcome to the FISD.  Try this link - everything you need to know to get started.  Well, a lot of stuff you need to know. ;) 

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/38-getting-started-read-this-first/

There is info on vendors and armor types. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 6pack said:

One thing I did not expect was the number of different trooper armor out there.  Is there a thread that lists the different versions/styles? 

Here's a link to the FISD CRL (all the costumes approved by this detatchment):

http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:FISD_CRL

It all of the types of TK's and the details that make up each one.

Also, related to the TK (kind of like an older brother) is the TB. If you are a fan of Sandies or the like, check out the MEPD CRL.

http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:MEPD_CRL

There are also CRL for the other detachments like the Pathfinders and Blizzard Force (and many others)

http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:Pathfinders_CRL

http://databank.501st.com/databank/BlizzardForce_CRL

Welcome to the FISD Paul!

I believe we have 18 different TK's in the CRL to choose from.:duim:

Do some reading. Ask some questions. We're here to help you along the way.

Good Luck Future Trooper!

11 hours ago, 6pack said:

Hi there!  I'm a life long Star Wars fan and have always wanted to have stormtrooper armor.  Now's the time.  I made an abortive first try by buying a kit from Jedi-robe, which I now know if not recommended.  The helmet doesn't fit at all, so I'm trying to return it.  Then I found this place, and my local Garrison, and their Academy.  I'm waiting for replies from them, but am researching more on here in the mean time.  One thing I did not expect was the number of different trooper armor out there.  Is there a thread that lists the different versions/styles?  I'm looking, but haven't found it yet.  And is there recommended full kit producers out there?  I found the list of who to avoid (like Jedi-robe), but haven't found a good list yet.

Thanks!

Paul

Hi Paul, my name is Ron.  I am selling a complete kit from Anovos.  I bought it from a guy here in Michigan who never began his build - it is completely untrimmed whatsoever.  Anovos is an approved seller of 501st armor, and they are currently out of stock on the TK kit.  Check out their web site, and do your research here.  But, I think you will find this is not an inexpensive hobby.  Also, Anovos takes quite a long time to build and mail your kit, if that's who you go with.  I have the same kit that you could have almost immediately.  Anyway, check things out.  I have people who will vouch for me and my character.  Hope to hear from you, and good luck!  :)

Hey Paul!

First of all, welcome aboard! In case you find out that a fully commissioned armor is too expensive (which was the case for me), there is always the self-build option. A year ago when I started my builds (first blaster and then armor) I had pretty much zero experience with cosplaying, prop making and basically crafting in general. But there are so many useful builds, so many useful videos and so many people giving just the advice you need that anyone can do it!

Also, if any part of your armor ever breaks (which will hopefully never happen) you will know exactly how to fix it because you built it all together in the first place.

Once again, welcome to FISD and may you find the best armor for yourself and a vendor for it too ;)

Hi Paul. I'm in Maryland also. 

If you decide to do a build, you may want to get hooked up with some of us other TKs here in the area. 

It can seam a little overwhelming trying to do your own build , but the Old Line Garrison here in Maryland is full of some awesome people.

They will offer a ton of advice and help. Best to get hooked up with one or two of the TKS that have done a couple of builds and live close to you.

If you run into some issues then someone would be close by to offer some on the spot advice and help.

It sounds like you have been in touch with the Academy.  That is a great move on your part. Bryan and the rest of the staff know just what you need.

Good Luck, and welcome aboard.

Tom.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Can't believe it's been a year and a half already.  I ended up with an AM kit and am about a third of the way through it, maybe?  A lot more work that I thought!  But I'm getting there.  I joined my local garrison, the Old Line Garrison, and Tydirium1 (above) is my Advisor, and has been invaluable.  I just finished watching the behind the scenes on Mandalorian and jumped back on my last bicep.  Nothing like the shows/movies to get you excited!

Great to hear you are still building, looking forward to seeing some images :D 

• Like 1