Flexible TM armour

As some of you know, I have been working on new moulds and new materials. The moulds are not 100% complete yet but when they are, I will be using a new flexible material which is unbreakable. I have bent and twisted this plastic so much and it just will not split, period! I think it will be a great suit for trooping, no more problems with sitting down or cracked butts :P

The suit in the photos is made of 1mm plastic, though 1.5mm is available, I doubt you would need it that thick to be honest. As of yet, I haven't pulled a helmet from this material, just the armour. I plan on making HDPE helmets very soon and maybe hero's in this white. It's still early days yet but I am hoping to be able to produce these later this year.

Enjoy the photos!

SDC10383.jpg

SDC10381.jpg

SDC10379.jpg

SDC10380.jpg

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3684516922_dca29f9085_o.gif

THIS. IS. IT.

Awesome Paul, this is going to be the best and most screen accurate armor EVER.

You've done it again. And I want one. Remember that this time I'm the first on the list. Damn, I just finished my TM!

:salute:

This would solve a lot of my fears of breaking armor!

Just a query, is that bendable plastic cheaper or more expensive than the ABS or such you used before?

Feel free to answer it or not, but just to get an estimate if it would affect the costs significantly or not.

Also, it would mean that you'll start making armor again opposed to the PM I got a while back?

Vincent

Guest DavetheDane

BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO....

This is great!!!!

Start the vac machine and take off 4-5 weeks and do some serious pulling!!

This is going to be a blockbuster!!

PS: love your new avatar!

Been trying to get some armor from you for a while, Paul, so you know I'll be interested once this is ready! Maybe as a stunt set. I think you're motto should be:

You can play football in this. The official TK armor of the NFL. :peace:

EYE POPING TM, freaking beautiful :) .

When many of us join 501st about 10 years ago, we did not have much to choose from: armors, sites, forums etc.

Every thing have gone better and better year after year, and today we need real top class stuff to blow us off.

But as have all have all ready said, you have done it again my friend.

Not only the most screen accurate ANH body armor out there, but also now in the best plastic too.

This is a piece of art, a A+ suit, from a A+ man.

Guess, i'm second on the list then..... :D

Impressive, I can't believe you can bend that chest plate so much, also I expect the armour will be more comfortable to wear....

Splendid stuff Paul, simply splendid...

shiv

asiancatss7.jpg

HOLY _____ !!!!!!!! Never thought that there could be anything better then a TM!!!!! But then u pull a TM.2 on us!!!!!!

Questions:

Price wise i figure that this new armor would be more expensive right...????

NEW MOLDS , will they still be only for the Mal nutritioned troopers, or do we heavy

troopers have a chance????

THX MAN!!!! This will be awesome even if I could never fit in it!!!!!!!