Anovos FO TK Standard kit on their site (perhaps by accident)

Anzo

I was perusing the Anovos site looking for updates on my FOTK premier line order when I noticed that they had a link for the Standard Line kit.

https://www.anovos.com/collections/star-wars-the-force-awakens/products/star-wars-the-force-awakens-first-order-stormtrooper-standard-kit-pre-order

Quick details in case it gets pulled down again.

Estimated shipping is Sept 2017

$550 for no helmet, includes latex gaskets.

$675 with their standard helmet (a $125 savings vs buying it separate)

They talk about an optional accessory kit that includes soft goods, gloves and a neck seal but no link is provided and no price given.

Does not include boots.

All in all that is not a bad deal! Once I see what the price of the soft goods is I may just cancel my premier line order and wait for this one, even if I have to wait another year.

Edited by Anzo

What's interesting are the bicep details that have been updated for screen accuracy. They look like how myself and a few others had updated theirs last year. 

You're welcome Anovos  ;)

• Like 4

Yeah I just received the email as well. Must've just happened to go to their site as they went live with it. Still no pricing on the soft goods pack though.

Don't think it's fully live yet.

It's not listed on the main Star Wars page for sale, the See More attribute under the Add to Cart button is labeled hidden, and when I went to do a purchase it got to the shipping method screen it won't calculate and Continue to Payment Method is greyed out.

Hopefully soon.

Edited by vettereddie

Was interesting are the bicep details that have been updated for screen accuracy. They look like how myself and a few others had updated theirs last year. 

You're welcome Anovos  ;)

I was going to ask you if you happened to see that.  ;)

• Like 1

Seems I can run through the entire order process, only to find out that shipping to the Netherlands is $466 with DLL express... f*cking ridiculous. If I have to wait till september 2017, I do not need express shipping!!! *frustrating*

If it's the armor they showed at SDCC, you will also notice that they updated the thermal detonator, thigh greblie, and redesigned the way the kit is split to minimize the seams, and according to them, remove the need to paint the armor.

• Like 1

I'm out of this one too, the shipping and taxes wiill probably come to more than the $675 the kits costs which I just cannot support going forwards.  The OT TK was only $130 shipping so not sure how it's suddenly 3.5x more expensive for what must be a similar size and weight box.

Seems I can run through the entire order process, only to find out that shipping to the Netherlands is $466 with DLL express... f*cking ridiculous. If I have to wait till september 2017, I do not need express shipping!!! *frustrating*

I can't even put in my zip to calculate shipping so it won't let the order go through.

Well, for anyone who has bought it, do they have a discount code offered after their purchase for future products that I may use?

I did not receive a discount code. Nor was I allowed to use a discount code with the payment plan option.

I look forward to their soft goods pricing and will probably order that along with a pauldron when announced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$675 seems like a good deal compared to their premier FO suit. So is the difference between the premier and standard kit just soft goods, the premier helmet and boots? The armor itself is same armor though right? 

And WOW the Imperial Stormtrooper kit is only $450....

Edited by thedaringdragoon

No idea on armor differences, I'm 90% sure putting in an order though this weekend. Plenty of time to start shopping for soft goods and an F-11 before September (let's be honest, November) of 2017.

Site is working now stateside, though shipping estimate is $0.00, so will likely be another bill when it finally ships.

Any experiences w/ cloth gaskets, worried the latex are going to turn it into a sweat suit real quick.

$675 seems like a good deal compared to their premier FO suit. So is the difference between the premier and standard kit just soft goods, the premier helmet and boots? The armor itself is same armor though right? 

And WOW the Imperial Stormtrooper kit is only $450....

The OT TK is a great kit, and a great intro to hard armor. Most adaptable hard armor kit, in terms of body size accommodation. Take any ship dates provided by Anovos with a big grain of salt, though. They're notorious for pushing dates back, sometimes pushing them back MANY times.

I'm out of this one too, the shipping and taxes wiill probably come to more than the $675 the kits costs which I just cannot support going forwards. The OT TK was only $130 shipping so not sure how it's suddenly 3.5x more expensive for what must be a similar size and weight box.

There's twice as much plastic in a fotk.

On 9/23/2016 at 7:59 AM, BritBulldog said:

Shipping is $250 to Canada - I was all ready to sign up for the payment plan until I saw that. Lol, nope.

For what it's worth:------------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021
  • Like 1

Anovos just issued an update on their shipping prices. They are working on reducing prices and now won't charge you the shipping price until later next year as they work to reduce them. No guarantee that they will be much better but at least they are aware of the problem.

There's twice as much plastic in a fotk.

That would certainly affect shipping and possibly breach a "band". But if thats the case, why not offer a chepaer slower option as well as air mail. If I've waiting 12 months whats another 6 weeks for a container on a ship?

Anovos just issued an update on their shipping prices. They are working on reducing prices and now won't charge you the shipping price until later next year as they work to reduce them. No guarantee that they will be much better but at least they are aware of the problem.

I've been takling to someone on their FB pages and have been pointing to the issues with delayed shipping payment/pricing.  It's a nice idea but they need a reasonably accurate estimate up front, they guess too low and people may not be able to pay the final bill and have to cancel, guess too high and people won't order in the first place.
  • Like 1

By the way, here's the ANOVOS unpainted FO armor they showed at San Diego Comic Con, and you should receive when ordering this new armor (unassembled of course).

----------------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021
  • Like 1