3D Contributor Award Scheme

This program, as with others is an optional Detachment only award incentive.

It recognises members who have gone over and above with contribution in our new 3D forum section, past and into the future.

How do I get involved?

The process is very simple and based on merit as judged by the command staff.

What classifies as contribution?

There are many ways to contribute to the 3D forum, and the more input you have the more likely you are to earn the award. Here are some examples

1. Create designs and 3D files accessible to the membership.

2. Be a valued member of our FISD 3D community in offering advice on any and all of the aspects of 3D printing, become a resident 3D guru.

3. Help the non savvy 3D printer members by creating, designing or printing an item for them.

4. Create detailed build threads of your 3D printed items, as long as they pertain to FISD costuming.

If you have skills in this area that bring benefit to the FISD community at large and give members old and new a richer experience, then you have multiple ways to earn your way into the 3D Contributors award.

Silver and Gold level awards

image.png              image.png

The Silver award can be earned numerous times over the years, and this will be depicted by the number of silver cubes that appear on your badge. The Gold cube is awarded to those the achieve 5 silver cubes or have contributed at such an astounding level that it is deemed appropriate that they receive the Gold Cube. This can also be earned more than once.

At its heart this award is all about troopers helping trooper and it gives the command staff great pleasure in acknowledging the valuable contributions the membership make.

Award Recipients 

07/20/2018 - Germain TK14492 "The5thHorseman" - French Garrison (Gold Award)

07/20/2018 - Aaron  TK6063  "Garbz" - Mountain Garrison

09/14/2019 - Clint TK61281  "camprandall" - Dune Sea Garrison

09/14/2019 - Bryon TK14082 "trooper96" - Carolina Garrison

08/30/2020 - Basti TK????? "KeeptheBOX" - German Garrison

06/14/2021-  Bryon TK14082 "trooper96" - Carolina Garrison (2nd Award)

06/12/2022 - Jason TK51923 "BigJasoni" - Garrison Tyranus Inferno Squad

06/12/2022 - Bryon TK14082 "trooper96" - Carolina Garrison (3rd Award)

09/04/2022 - Justin TK61490 "TheRascalKing" - Southern California Garrison

• Like 1

• Sly11 pinned this topic

This is a great idea - esp as 3D printing is just getting more and more popular. I hope Germain/5th Horseman is right at the top of the command staff's list for recipients of this award. His contributions are exceptional and I, along with many other members, have received huge benefit from his generosity.

Awesome work as always guys. Great idea. Just got into 3d printing myself. Look forward to all the 3d shenanigans that will take place here.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Congratulations The5thhorseman, on a well earned Gold 3D contributors award!!

This guy knows how to go over and above, Thank you for your contributions Germain :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

• Like 2

Congrats Germain!  No one else will ever be the first, and this is a special honor that you will have forever.  There was full support for this and it is very well deserved.

While "service is its own reward", its still nice that we can say "thanks for all you do" in this fashion.

:salute:

• Like 1

Definitely well deserved Germain, thank you once again for helping others, trooper helping troopers :salute:

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Just a reminder to all, I am still on the lookout for our next  3D Contributor award recipient, If you have something to share be it a great file or service please add to our 3D community here on FISD.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

UPDATE

Keep an eye out for the upcoming September News letter, as I will be announcing our latest 3D contributor recipients.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

I would like to officially announce the latest 3D award winner.

Although not approved 501st yet, this members skills and generosity in developing and sharing his TFA FO TK helmet files free of charge for our members personal use, has in my opinion warranted this accolade.

Please join me in congratulation  KeeptheBOX (Basti).

Thank you for your contribution :salute:

• 1 year later...

Is this program still active? No awards since 2020...

If so, I'd like highlight @trooper96 for the work put into his L2A1 Sterling design since his last award, as well as continuing work on his M38 scope, perhaps consolidating his previous silvers to a well-earned gold award? *Just re-read and noticed Gold is usually given after 5 Silver awards, but he's well on his way and deserving of another... something, I'd say!

I'd also like to highlight @BigJasoni , perhaps for a silver award, for his work on the Rogue One ammo belt boxes!

I don't know if that's how this works, but I'm happy to see people continuing to develop, submit, and support excellent 3D designs, and hope this program encourages people to continue to make great files available to the FISD family!

Edited by TheRascalKing
  • Like 3

On 5/6/2022 at 5:37 PM, TheRascalKing said:

If so, I'd like highlight @trooper96 for the work put into his L2A1 Sterling design since his last award, as well as continuing work on his M38 scope, perhaps consolidating his previous silvers to a well-earned gold award? *Just re-read and noticed Gold is usually given after 5 Silver awards, but he's well on his way and deserving of another... something, I'd say!

I'd also like to highlight @BigJasoni , perhaps for a silver award, for his work on the Rogue One ammo belt boxes!

I don't know if that's how this works, but I'm happy to see people continuing to develop, submit, and support excellent 3D designs, and hope this program encourages people to continue to make great files available to the FISD family!

Yep, that's how this works Justin. members can certainly nominate others for their 3D contributions, then the staff have a discussion on the merits and value and we go from there.

I shell take a look at these  recommendations over the weekend.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2022 at 1:37 PM, TheRascalKing said:

Thanks Justin, I really appreciate that.

• 3 months later...

Good morning everyone,
3D printing is something I have enjoyed both personally and professionally; it's now become a big hobby of mine. Ever since joining the FISD, and subsequently learning about this, the 3D contributor program is something I've been incredibly interested in. Needless to say, I was overjoyed to be nominated by @TheRascalKing a few months ago and would now like to repay the gesture by nominating a few of my own. 

First is @ChrisThePropGuy for his incredible OTTK file set. My understanding is that Chris initially created these files to serve as molds for his vacuum formed kit. However, Chris has continued to refine his set and recently released an update kit that appears to be incredibly accurate and ready to be built by someone aiming for legion approval. What I find especially admirable about Chris' work has been his willingness to refine his work based off community feedback and essentially rework items that I know he spent a great deal of time creating. The accuracy and availability of his work as well as his willingness to work with the greater community highlights his contributions. See his thread here:

Next is @TheRascalKing for the awesome FOTK greeblie set he just made available to the community. Similar to what I had to say about Chris, Justin did an incredible job documenting the design journey he took with Mr. Poopie from the Pathfinder's Detachment. Constantly changing the design based off community feedback seemed to be a consistent theme, but ultimately, the final design was made available to members for free a few days ago and they're fantastic. The level of detail and care Justin took in designing these files is incredible. Any time you see someone making design changes and adjusting files that are measured in fractional milometers, the 3D community takes notice, as should anyone aiming at creating the most accurate version of a costume imaginable.
Here's the finished product:

But equally important is highlighting the design thread which can be found here:

Ultimately, for both of these guys, when you read the criterion for nomination, I feel that they've far exceeded the requirements. Both made their designs/ files accessible, they've freely offered advice and have created an excellent end-item. Additionally, both have done an incredible job at creating detailed build threads showcasing their work and willingness to accept feedback as well as make changes to their designs based off resident expertise.

Not only would I like to see these nominations solidified, but I would also suggest possibly adding a fifth nomination bullet that requires designers to show a willingness to adjust their work based off community feedback and be open/ receptive to said feedback. This is one of the reasons I admire the FISD above all other detachments. Additionally, I was offered the following advice a few years ago when I started my TK journey and have valued it ever since:
"take any feedback not as criticism, but as everyone trying to help you look your best!"

These 3d contributors appear to have made this their mantra and I personally feel that it should be expected from all who aim to contribute to the FISD community.

Edited by BigJasoni
Grammar correction
  • Like 3