Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Everything posted by themaninthesuitcase

  1. I’ve removed some posts that were a bit too far. If something no longer makes sense that may be why. If so let me know.
  2. Just a polite reminder that most of the world isn’t able to watch The Mandolorian until March. Well legally at least. As such please try and keep away from spoilers.
  3. Welcome to FISD! Im guessing your a UK member? If so make sure you head over to the UK Garrison and get your WIP thread going over there too as its a requirement of the clearance process. Good luck trooper.
  4. I didn’t look properly as it was first screening but passing glances looked ROTJ to me. Though one looked R1 so it wasn’t super clear.
  5. @JAFO please don’t bait. I don’t know what the group is or what anyone does or doesn’t have but calling people out is not on.
  6. Mind the tone please. There are people behind those images.
  7. Welcome to the FISD. Best bet to get a steer on sizing is have a chat with the armourers over at the UKG and they will be able to tell you what will and won’t be okay fitting wise. https://www.ukgarrison.co.uk/join-us.html
  8. This is 10 minutes with a hack saw, but I do know that this isn't for everyone. Also check out sheartech and imperial warfighters, both do a few options including rubber ones if that's something that interests you.
  9. To be fair you don't get very much to un-bomb. You get enough for maybe 3 or 4 small images but not much else. I'm not sure what the actual number is though. Due to the size of the membership hosting images is just not a viable option for us.
  10. The undersuit can affect the fit greatly, especially against some normal trousers. Even a small amount can effect the fit by a lot so by fitting using trousers you may end up with a very loose fit.
  11. Sorry but I don’t see what this will achieve. The only way I can see Anovos doing anything much about the back log is if they are legally obliged to and this can’t do that. They already know full well who they owe product to.
  12. Welcome to the FISD! I feel the strapping kit is very overpriced for what you get but if you want convenience it’s an option.
  13. I’m reasonably sure my grandfather once met RBP. He was a scout master back when they were still called that and scouts wore the hats, and possibly still carried staves. He lived just down the coast from Poole, where the first scout camp was held on Brownsea island. He had several major scout awards, sadly these were all stolen along with his WWII Service medals in the 90s. The scouts runs in my family, I was a scout and achieved my Chief scout award, my sister was an explorer after guides and my mum ran was group scout leader right up until she passed away. The scouts planted a memorial for her in the local park where the scouts, and cubs where often to be found.
  14. The approved post is old but it is kept updated as stuff changes. I can’t remember if the FOTK stuff is on there but there is a list somewhere. Also worth searching the forum generally for that maker name as I’m sure they’ve been brought up before.
  15. I take it these are the people you approached? As far as I can tell they are your regional Garrison. http://www.ar501st.com/
  16. There's plenty about them but the short of it is it's fine for Halloween but if you want to join the 501st there's many other better options.
  17. I’m pretty sure that TM will ship anywhere, but he’s UK based.
  18. I wonder what caused them not to used the R1 helmets as well as the armour. Looks like the angle to me, they aren't quite at the same photo angles. If I take mine and turn it right it looks pretty close, also I can't really think of any other buckets with such a distinctive eye surround.
  19. I haven’t seen any of the episodes yet, yay March release time , but do we even know if these are imperial troopers? Wouldn’t be the first time someone who shouldn’t wore the white armour.
  20. For boots there’s always the traditional method: black Chelsea boots painted white. For an ANH trooper the holster is always on the left hip. It’s nothing to do with the handedness of the trooper it’s how they were on screen. In many scenes you see all troopers carrying lefty. I know many troopers who emulate this when trooping but I personally struggle so only do it when the look requires it.
  21. Troop #18 - 16 November 2019 - MCM ComicCon Birmingham (approx 7 hours in armour) Good solid troop this one. There was a good group of us for most of the day plus an officer for most of it too. Started out in the entrance way guiding people in from the trains. I some how managed to get a feature in the con closing video from this! Just before lunch we took part in the Silver Sabres display with Lord Vader as guest of honour. After lunch the con was incredibly busy making moving around pretty hard so we spent most of our time on the club stand. This was at a pretty decent location right by one of the doors into the hall. As the con calmed down towards the end we were able to get out and patrol a bit more but by then most of us were pretty much done for the day. Not overly sure what everones name was who was in the group, that happens when theres over 300 member in attendance and your bad with names! I know @CableGuy was one though, maybe he can shed some more light on it! Photos by assorted UKG members, sorry guys I forgot to note down who took them!
  22. Emoji aren’t enabled/supported I’m afraid. There are some smilies you can use if you know the short code or use the menu above. If you type an emoji into the forum directly it won’t let you post. Tapatalk does it’s own thing but it’s not supported by us.
  23. A large suitcase will also be a good option. What ever you go for just make sure it fits into your chosen method of transportation.
  • Create New...