Anovos TK armor preorder

I thought their confirmation of the switch back to ABS was during SDCC... I'll have to go looking for that, I suppose.
At any rate, I believe that they'll produce high-quality armor no matter what kind of plastic they use. I've heard good and bad things about both ABS and PVC, and I, having never made armor before, have no real frame of reference and therefore no preference.

I thought their confirmation of the switch back to ABS was during SDCC... I'll have to go looking for that, I suppose.

At any rate, I believe that they'll produce high-quality armor no matter what kind of plastic they use. I've heard good and bad things about both ABS and PVC, and I, having never made armor before, have no real frame of reference and therefore no preference.

Unless I missed something, it was said by reps on the show floor but never formally announced... I might be wrong though! Either way, I trust them to put out a good product :)

I'm going to D23 on Sunday. In case there's an Anovos booth (I think there is), what is the most burning question I should ask? What is the most crucial photo I should take?

When are current orders expected to be filled?

Pictures: close ups of the helmet, seams in the armor and if possible belt and neck seal

• Like 2

I'm going to D23 on Sunday. In case there's an Anovos booth (I think there is), what is the most burning question I should ask? What is the most crucial photo I should take?

Abs or pvc? Will shim pieces be included. What's the rigging? How close will it be to the shadow trooper set that was given to tested.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Abs or pvc? Will shim pieces be included. What's the rigging? How close will it be to the shadow trooper set that was given to tested.com

you should ask your vendor instead of random people not connected with the production.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

you should ask your vendor instead of random people not connected with the production.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

The point was to bring those questions to the Anovos booth at D23.  (:

• Like 1

email?

We already know the company line on most of these questions. The idea is to get a staffer (who is trying to get more orders or get more excitement going) to spill a little bit more on the floor to get me to spend my money, as I am as yet unsure if it's worth it.

I fully expect to ask questions that have already been asked. My point here is to try and tease out more detail to try and fully understand the details, and for that, I need to know the most important unanswered questions. For example, when it comes to rigging, "we haven't decided yet" is the company line. It's possible a floor staffer may be privy to more recent developments be able to convince me to open my wallet. Which is the point of this exercise. :)

Thanks guys for those contributions. I'll see what I can dig up do to convince you to spend your money too.

Bill

Edited by Astyanax

ANOVOS is not at D23, but some of their completed TFA kits are. New Stormtrooper kit newsletter in the works, but delayed by a million other projects. :)

Yep, Dean was right, no Anovos presence at all. In fact, non-TFA representation was very, very limited. I could see Disney's forward-looking approach at D23. Don't expect much OT or PT from Disney going forward, I think. Especially at the new Star Wars land they announced.

Bill

New ANOVOS e-mail update, for those interested.

Quick run-down:

Switch back to ABS is now official

The "arming suit" will now be a standard lycra undersuit with no attachment points

Neck seal material change from the shiny material we saw in an earlier update to a more clothlike (and currently unidentified) material

Changes are being made to the thighs, calves, forearms, and biceps

They say they're still on track for a "late November/early December delivery."

That's about all the valuable information I could glean from it.

And the detailed version...
1.jpg

Welcome to Update #2, Troopers!

Thank you again for your ongoing support of the Classic Stormtrooper Armor we are producing---your excitement is really fueling our team to make this the best costume available! We are also reading your comments, and hope that these updates help demonstrate our commitment to you as not just customers, but investors in the new line of STAR WARS™ products!

A lot has happened since our last newsletter, including the public prototype debut at San Diego Comic Con International where some of you saw this armor up close. While that particular suit did not reflect the final production armor, it was very close to what you should expect upon delivery. A few adjustments are being made for better alignment on the thighs, calves, biceps and forearms, but the details true to the original forms are not being changed.

2.jpg

As you may have heard, the base material for the armor will indeed be UV-coated ABS instead of the custom PVC that we were developing. We heard a lot of concerns about the unfamiliarity of working with PVC and, thanks to your support, were able to get the volume pricing needed to make the switch back to our preferred material. Hopefully, the change back to ABS will make kit-builders more confident in their ability to construct their armor using tried and true methods and materials.

Speaking of building kits, our friends at Tested.com have also put together part one of a great video tutorial to introduce you to what it takes to build armor from a kit. If you purchased the ensemble, you may still pick up some tips for further modification. Check out this video here for part one: http://bit.ly/1Jlg6HT

We also wanted to address the undersuit which has been previously referred to as an “arming suit.” To keep this costume affordable and to allow for the end-user to customize their own strapping system, we have simply decided to provide the basic long-sleeve and long-pant lycra undersuit in the sizing you selected when ordering. These black undersuit pieces are the first thing you’ll put on when suiting up, and the strapping in the form of velcro and black webbing material will be separate (not attached) to the suit for maximum user customization and optimal fit. While the original concept was to re-purpose an idea for a Clone Trooper undersuit, it was simply not going to be comfortable due to breathability.

Another soft goods change we have made is on the Stormtrooper neckseals. The shiny version we showed in an earlier newsletter has been replaced with a lighter, more breathable material (shown below on the right). Comfort is always a priority when we are making final decisions on accessories.

3.jpg

The best news is that we still appear to be on target for a late November/early December delivery!

Don’t forget that although we are now at full Initial Offering Price for the Classic Stormtrooper, it’s still not too late to convince friends to join the Empire---in fact, we noticed that many of your are taking advantage of and sharing the 10% OFF coupon codes that come with every order placed after mid-June 2015. We think it’s awesome you are “paying it forward” to grow your Empire!

Thank you again for your support as we work together to change the face of costuming and fill the world with more soldiers of the Empire! Be sure to ‘like’ our Facebook page at facebook.com/anovos, follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/anovos, and on Instagram at instagram.com/anovos.

For the Empire!
Team ANOVOS

I said we were investors in their new company months ago ;) Glad they're actually reading the threads lol

That they are sir. They seem to be very active in posting on the rpf forum but glad to know they are listening. Here's hoping for that late November date

• Like 1

I just hope that once Anovos goes into full production mode, Disney doesn't try to shut down the rest of the armor makers. 

Well considering Mon Cal did the sculpts, I don't think they would do that. 

Im still placing bets on if they will get raided by Better business bureau before they actually ship something. And how mad are people that the TFA is the only thing they are shipping.  Heck it still says July (as of the time of this posting) for the Tie pilot. And while i completely understand it's very Alpha/beta seems the quality of the TFA kits leaves a whole lot to be desired.

Why dont they do some alpha/beta trials of everything else (like the stuff ordered over a year ago?)

By the way. I probably don't have a dog in this fight since i have not pre ordered anything from Anovos. I just hate seeing so many of my garrison mates and fellow troopers to be so upset and not getting the answers they are asking for.

Lol seems to me moncal and anovos are alike. Most places say double whatever time moncal tells you. Anovos needs to up thrir game. Or people need to request refunds if they are that worried over it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk