Anovos TK armor preorder

Hm, i know that score and snap method, but at material strength around/over 2mm i will probably do it the same way as these guys, cutting and drumsander.

Score and snap is something i prefer on thinner material and straight lines. Lexan scissors is something i only used on thinner stuff, too.

I'm trying to post pictures but it doesn't work :( there are pictures of the inside of the helmet in the Anovos builder's group if anyone has access to that and wants to share them here...

If you have a photobucket account or similar hosting site you can upload pics to there and get a link to the pic and post that.

Hm, i know that score and snap method, but at material strength around/over 2mm i will probably do it the same way as these guys, cutting and drumsander.

Score and snap is something i prefer on thinner material and straight lines. Lexan scissors is something i only used on thinner stuff, too.

The score and snap works better on 2mm than thinner plastics. I use 2mm and that's what I've shown in the video.

But hey, each to their own. I just showed how after 6 plus years of trimming armour how I have found the best cleanest quickest method that works for me. If power tools is your thing crack on. Everyman loves a power tool, I just don't think it's necessary for trimming armour. That's my point of view. You will all have your own favourite methods that work best for you.

I think I am going to jump on the Shadow Trooper deal for next spring.. Give me a 2nd build to work on after my TK build.. Anyone have a 10% off code they want to share? Please PM me..

Thanks

Barclay

Yep.. 10% discount code comes after an order.. We have been passing them on to other folks to get their TK kit... They are good for about a month or so after your order.. Figure that there has to be a number of codes not being used, hence my asking for one. Please PM me a code if you have one.

Thanks

Barclay

I'm trying to post pictures but it doesn't work :( there are pictures of the inside of the helmet in the Anovos builder's group if anyone has access to that and wants to share them here...

i

I'd LOVE to see the interior of the helmet. Is it "naked"? Has it got the yellow foam flower? Is it fabric padded?

Can anybody place some pictures here or give us a link to were they are?

Thanks! I can see them now...

ñ_ñ

Edited by artimorty

Yeah, what exactly are "bed members?"
And those aerators/hovi mic tips look super different from anything else I've seen
I'm planning on switching mine out with Tony's speaker kit or something like it at some point so I'm not too worried, but I'm completely unfamiliar with the screw going into the mic tip like that.

• Like 1

Yeah, what exactly are "bed members?"

And those aerators/hovi mic tips look super different from anything else I've seen

I'm planning on switching mine out with Tony's speaker kit or something like it at some point so I'm not too worried, but I'm completely unfamiliar with the screw going into the mic tip like that.

I'm also considering swapping out the tips for the speaker ones so a screw fitting is good.

I, too, am glad to see screw-in HOVIs, as fitting them with speakers is my goal as well.

Great minds, I guess. :smiley-sw013:

• Like 1

I, too, am glad to see screw-in HOVIs, as fitting them with speakers is my goal as well.

Great minds, I guess. :smiley-sw013:

All the Hovis are some sort of screw in.

Most have a bolt stud on the end of them and you take a washer and a nut to tighten them down.

The screw is the same option, but easier for them to make because they don't have to place a bolt stem in the resin. The only problem I see with looking at this is that that is a small screw head, and the plastic there is notoriously thin. It's better to have a large washer there to help distribute the pressure evenly and not to potentially break the plastic there.

• Like 1

All the Hovis are some sort of screw in.

Most have a bolt stud on the end of them and you take a washer and a nut to tighten them down.

The screw is the same option, but easier for them to make because they don't have to place a bolt stem in the resin. The only problem I see with looking at this is that that is a small screw head, and the plastic there is notoriously thin. It's better to have a large washer there to help distribute the pressure evenly and not to potentially break the plastic there.

If it's a screw it's not overly hard to remove and add either a metal washer or glue on some extra plastic to add strength though. I'm sure I'm not the only one who will be going over their bucket very carefully on reciept to work out how to mod it!

Here's a post from the Anovos builder's Facebook group. The guy claims to have friends at Anovos who gave him a lot of details about plans for the TK :

"I looked through the page here and saw all the amazing pics (thanks, guys!) but didn't see too much direct text info posted from the Anovos camp. I spoke to some friends who work for the company after the show floor closed on Friday, and learned the following (and big apologies for any redundant info posted):

The armor will be ABS and not PVC. The display suit at SDCC is PVC, except the helmet, which is ABS. They weren't happy with the look and performance of PVC, so the decision is reversed.

The pulls on the display suit are also not as crisp as the final armor will be; they expect the detail to be sharper and "less soft".

The pieces will be trimmed with 2" of flash left around them, so you'll have lots of options for trimming if you're larger. To trim pieces precisely to the proper size would add too much cost at the $350 level (logic being 501st suits perfectly trimmed run $550-$600).

The ab buttons will not come pre-painted; that will need to be done by the owner, matching the blue color from the helmet vents (though Anovos hopes to get LFL permission to be able to include a Pantone color code for easy matching).

The harness for mounting armor to body is still in flux, with a harness, velcro, and arming vest attachments all under discussion. Unless it is amazing, I still plan to duplicate my rock-solid snap/strap system I marched in the Rose Parade with.

Ignore the cracked right thigh seam (mannequin incident) and warped left thigh (molding error) in photos of the display suit. But bear in mind that if you have an inflexible mannequin you are displaying on, you may encounter similar issues.

The bodysuit and gloves on the mannequin are temporary stand-ins for the real ones.

Perhaps most importantly: The suits are supposed to be delivered around November so folk can have them done in time for EP. VII mid-December. Fingers crossed. I'm also told previously ordered softgoods costumes like Luke, Han, etc. will be shipped out shortly.

I still feel good about my purchase, and am a bit relieved after a personal inspection. Thickness seems decent, and I'm happy they've gone back to ABS. The people I spoke to are old friends, trustworthy, and not known for BSing me."

• Like 1

Alright, I've got the bug now.  Anyone have a 10% off coupon for a shadowtrooper?  With the extra flash on the armor, I'm more confident that I can make it work for me... also, with ABS, I know I can make paste (even black paste!) to do any shimming I need to do.

Please PM me if you've got a code to use, and I'll pay it forward to the next person who asks!

Thanks!