Anovos TK armor preorder

I'll be heading to comic-con in the morning, I'll take a lot of photos of the armor, I'm new to trooper stuff so if there is something particular u want me to take photos of please let me know.

Hey, you RS experts especially, can you tell Jay Jay what to look for so he can zero in on that aspect?

• Like 1

Hey, you RS experts especially, can you tell Jay Jay what to look for so he can zero in on that aspect?

Calves, forearms and helmet would be a good start.

A bit of late night fun.

Anovos TK prototype

3a44900d-938e-4aa9-9eff-6e24fb479659_zps

Anovos TK from SDCC 2015

f27aeb65-3a39-45ed-9c0b-7fc6d9ea0faf_zps

RS Propmaster stunt

f108566d-72b4-4072-9f39-19fa09495a1d_zps

High(er) res

Anovos prototype

Anovos SDCC 2015

RS Propmaster

Edited by Ryth_

That's the best look so far as to what we all have been wondering about since day one.... Good to see some non-promo photos

Is it just me, or are the Ab buttons not in a straight line?

Edited by Barclay

You can tell they rushed the build to have it on display. I'm glad I got the kit but who am I kidding, I don't think I'll do much better

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

Yup, if you look at back right thigh it has some cracks. Apparently they had some issues getting it on the mannequin, so that might have caused it.

Yup, if you look at back right thigh it has some cracks. Apparently they had some issues getting it on the mannequin, so that might have caused it.

It's my understanding that the back looks a little rough exactly for that reason, it wasn't easy to get on the mannequin and it's set up in such a way that the general public won't see the back (also why the det is missing)

A bit of late night fun.

Anovos TK prototype

3a44900d-938e-4aa9-9eff-6e24fb479659_zps

Anovos TK from SDCC 2015

f27aeb65-3a39-45ed-9c0b-7fc6d9ea0faf_zps

RS Propmaster stunt

f108566d-72b4-4072-9f39-19fa09495a1d_zps

High(er) res

Anovos prototype

Anovos SDCC 2015

RS Propmaster

Those two helmets look very different to me. The RS version has a bigger, longer frown, and more pronounced, deeper "bags" under the eyes. I also think the RS eyes are a bit bigger and maybe a little closer together. The "cavities" around the hovi mic tips seem bigger in the RS version, and the "cheeks" under the ears are more pointy in the Anovos version. The brow trim is higher in the RS version (yes, that can be moved probably), and there seems to be no detailing around the circular edges of the ears of the Anovos version.

No question from my perspective, as far as the bucket is concerned, it is not a recast.

Bill

Edited by Astyanax
  • Like 3

Sorry for all the spam and sorry if this was already pointed out, but this was mentioned a little while ago on the RPF forum, that Anovos updated their FAQ with a ship date of December:

http://www.anovos.com/pages/classic-stormtrooper-faqs#5

That is, that's when they START fulfilling.

Gonna be a busy January for me. ;)

Bill

Maybe this is why they decided to switch back to abs lol. I'm a bit confused. If it's going to fit a person, why won't it fit a mani?

I have no proof of this, it's just speculation, but I imagine it's harder to dress a fiberglass mannequin in a hurry than it is to dress a human. I don't think it was a matter of fit so much as getting the armor on a hard, unmoving mannequin in a hurry. 

• Like 1

I have no proof of this, it's just speculation, but I imagine it's harder to dress a fiberglass mannequin in a hurry than it is to dress a human. I don't think it was a matter of fit so much as getting the armor on a hard, unmoving mannequin in a hurry. 

Yep, and I get the impression that the armor itself wasn't even put together yet, based on the comments about misaligned cover strips and pencil lines. They probably CA'd and Zap-a-Gapped it in a couple hours.

I would love to have been a fly on the wall during that assembly. :)

Bill

Fair point. Didn't think about that.

That's the best look so far as to what we all have been wondering about since day one.... Good to see some non-promo photos

Is it just me, or are the Ab buttons not in a straight line?

I see the ab buttons making an arc. Let's hope the quote "prototype" sticks.

If they're "listening" like they say they are id also hope they have the 501st spec sheet. There's no reason they can't make it approvable less the personal fitment.

I see the ab buttons making an arc. Let's hope the quote "prototype" sticks.

If they're "listening" like they say they are id also hope they have the 501st spec sheet. There's no reason they can't make it approvable less the personal fitment.

Ab buttons can be arc'ing. Check it out:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/30606-ab-buttons/

Just scroll down to see. Centurion approval does not require perfectly aligned buttons. Sometimes they are, but this is probably an artifact of the particular armor on which Anovos was doing their analysis. I doubt Anovos will change it. Even the 501st CRL shows arc'ing buttons:

http://www.501st.com/databank/File:TK_anh_stunt_ab.jpeg

Bill

Edited by Astyanax
  • Like 1

Ok..I was wondering as when I went and looked at a few centurion builds they had straight alinement.... But now I see some arcing and some a little off... While I love Star Wars, in no way do I claim to be a TK expert... Just learning what I can while waiting on my big brown box

Ok..I was wondering as when I went and looked at a few centurion builds they had straight alinement.... But now I see some arcing and some a little off... While I love Star Wars, in no way do I claim to be a TK expert... Just learning what I can while waiting on my big brown box

You and me both, brother.

• Like 1

Those two helmets look very different to me. The RS version has a bigger, longer frown, and more pronounced, deeper "bags" under the eyes. I also think the RS eyes are a bit bigger and maybe a little closer together. The "cavities" around the hovi mic tips seem bigger in the RS version, and the "cheeks" under the ears are more pointy in the Anovos version. The brow trim is higher in the RS version (yes, that can be moved probably), and there seems to be no detailing around the circular edges of the ears of the Anovos version.

No question from my perspective, as far as the bucket is concerned, it is not a recast.

Bill

Are you familiar with the fact that shapes sometimes distort when you recast? Especially if you do it in a hurry.