Anovos TK armor preorder

Hey all, noob Tyranus member here!

I'm also looking to nab a discount code...I'd like to get one of the Shadowtrooper kits. Something I can cut my teeth on, relatively inexpensively, and won't mind if I screw it up too badly! I figure I need to learn someplace, and some of the better kits out there are a bit daunting and pricey. Will definitely pass along my code post purchase to the next member in need!

...unless folks have a different suggestion for a noob kit? The downside to the Anovos price is the lengthy shipping delay :(

Some of the kits from vetted maker have long wait list too!

I jumped at the Anovos offer but you could also go with ATA which, I think, isn't much more expensive than the Anovos kit. You don't get all the soft parts though, which is why I jumped at the Anovos preorder price... Too good of a deal to pass up.

The wait and the uncertainty of what will come with the kit is killing me though...

• Like 1

Just to be clear, ATA has something like an 8-month wait as well, so if the wait is your only problem with Anovos, I would say that you should probably just go with Anovos. They've been talking about what is looking like a relatively short wait from now to the end of it (they're expecting November, but that's probably not entirely realistic), but any kit you can find is going to have three points in the same triangle: price, quality, and speed. A cheap kit fast is going to be very low-quality, and a cheap and high-quality kit is going to come with a significant wait time. If the wait is what's holding you back, I'd say that you should just go for it.

Just to be clear, ATA has something like an 8-month wait as well, so if the wait is your only problem with Anovos, I would say that you should probably just go with Anovos. They've been talking about what is looking like a relatively short wait from now to the end of it (they're expecting November, but that's probably not entirely realistic), but any kit you can find is going to have three points in the same triangle: price, quality, and speed. A cheap kit fast is going to be very low-quality, and a cheap and high-quality kit is going to come with a significant wait time. If the wait is what's holding you back, I'd say that you should just go for it.

Thanks for clarifying that!

I don't know much about wait times for different makers because I just at Anovos right away and didn't really looked back since...

Thanks for clarifying that!

I don't know much about wait times for different makers because I just at Anovos right away and didn't really looked back since...

No problem! I initially ordered an ATA kit back in November of last year and I'm still on the waiting list, which means that I can't even actually order a kit yet. I've ordered the Anovos because the price was just too good to pass up, and at this point I'll go with whatever seems the best when it comes down to making a final decision.

So if you're looking for what seems to be a relatively high-quality kit for a fairly low price and a relatively short wait time, go for Anovos. If you're more in the market for something along the lines of the "tried and true," look deeper into the vetted troopers. From what I've hear, TM makes the best armor in the market for accuracy, but there's a wide spectrum of specialties in the community. Find what works for you! No two troopers are going to be the same.

No problem! I initially ordered an ATA kit back in November of last year and I'm still on the waiting list, which means that I can't even actually order a kit yet. I've ordered the Anovos because the price was just too good to pass up, and at this point I'll go with whatever seems the best when it comes down to making a final decision.

So if you're looking for what seems to be a relatively high-quality kit for a fairly low price and a relatively short wait time, go for Anovos. If you're more in the market for something along the lines of the "tried and true," look deeper into the vetted troopers. From what I've hear, TM makes the best armor in the market for accuracy, but there's a wide spectrum of specialties in the community. Find what works for you! No two troopers are going to be the same.

Well, AP is in my neighbourhood so if I was to ditch Anovos(and I don't think I will) I guess I would go with him!

However, until I saw the Anovos deal, I never thought I could afford trooping, at least not until later in life...

I can't wait until those start shipping! At least then well know for sure how good it is.

Well,,, Not sure i'm going to buy the ST kit from Anovus (my MTK kit is in route) but i'm thinking about buying the tie fighter pilot since it's supposed to ship this month (i'll believe it when i see it) so i'd love a code too!

We need to get a code line lol one gets one the tradea to next and just eliminate the requests in an hour lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I agree, I have been trying to get one since last week. My guess is not a lot are buying then reading this.

Hey guys first post here! After months of reading these boards, other websites and watching youtube videos and doing endless research I've decided to just pull the trigger and buy the Anovos unbuilt kit when I get paid on Friday. Like others I was wondering if anyone had a coupon code and will def pay it forward for whoever else needs one :) Im not the handiest person but I think I should be able to accomplish this. The thing that helped sell me was that this kit does include instructions and there are cut lines which takes some of the anxiety out of the equation (and the reason I was going to buy the prebuilt kit in the first place). But if all it takes is cutting and sanding and adding snaps and velcro (which I know will take time) I think I can handle it :)

Edited by Netliquid

• 2 weeks later...

People have seen it at San Diego Comic Con but the assembly was rushed... I think you can find pictures of it in this thread. I think I may even have posted them myself but I can't remember :P

It looks good in my opinion but I'm no expert. Keep in mind that no matter which armor you get, the low canadian dollar is gonna hurt... It sucks, I know, but the is why the 350$ preorder was such a steal. The exchange rate was better at the time...

In the end, you could always order now and see what the quality turns out to be once they start shipping. They'll let you cancel if you change your mind...

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

Edited by =Sv3=

Or you can buy AP which is made in Canada, and is paid with Canadian dollars. ;)

And only wait 3-4 weeks to get it.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

This is why we do research :)

I've heard a lot about AP armor but had no idea it was Canadian. That will likely be a big determining factor. I'd love to help support a Canadian company.

That and he dollar SUCKS right now.

How much could one expect to pay for an AP kit? Are his kits beginnerish friendly too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is why we do research :)

I've heard a lot about AP armor but had no idea it was Canadian. That will likely be a big determining factor. I'd love to help support a Canadian company.

That and he dollar SUCKS right now.

How much could one expect to pay for an AP kit? Are his kits beginnerish friendly too?

Edited by C0bra_M3nace

I'm praying that I can get a good price around tax-return season. Then (like others) it's time to get the wife on board.

But come Hell or high water, I'm so getting this kit. After getting a Rubies, then doing research and seeing this, it is time.

I think PVC is a bit harder than ABS, I'm stoked.

Just so you know, they've switched back to their original plan of using ABS rather than PVC.

That hasn't been confirmed yet, not officially at least...

They did however post in the standalone shadow trooper helmet preorder that it's made out of black ABS. So, I guess ABS it is!

The next newsletter should clarify that, it's supposed to come out any day now.