Nice rolling storage box for your costume with a Great price!

I found this at Lowe's for only $24.97. It has wheels, handle and 2 slots in the lid to put pad locks.

Everything fit nicely, I really like it!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed
  • Like 1

That looks nice! This is mine:-----------

It probably has enough room for a TK and one other if packed well. I considered getting my girlfriend into a con or something with it because it's so big! ;)

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

On 5/12/2012 at 2:02 PM, anphrax said:
That looks nice! This is mine: ---------

Ahhh good call. I have one of these in the basement not doing much of anything. Time to repurpose it for my future kit. I'll get my son to plaster it with his Stormtrooper stickers to get the love going.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Some people could probably fit in that 25gal thing, but I use a 50 and I'm lucky if I can close the lid. (Then again, we could go into the opinion/steroetype that i'm a girl and am over-packing... but that's not really the case here... that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.) Some guys fit their kids into a golf bag, so what do I know.

I have a hockey bag with wheels lying around too. Once I get my kit I will go with the better fit option. I do like my Stanley as an option though as I can lock it up better than a hockey bag.

I originally thought about going with a hockey bag as well (I mean, I only have 3 or 4 not being used lying around) but after constructing the armor decided to go with the Stanely tote due to durability. I was worried my armor would get banged around too much in the hockey bag!

On 5/12/2012 at 12:37 PM, Indyrebel said:

I found this at Lowe's for only $24.97. It has wheels, handle and 2 slots in the lid to put pad locks.

Everything fit nicely, I really like it!

----------

No Way, DAWG! I have the SAME EXACT TRUNK!!!!!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

• 2 weeks later...

I recently picked up a 45 gallon Rugged Tote brand storage container @ Lowe's for around $35 after tax. It seems to fit everything nicely. I really like that it has wheels on it as well as the nice locking lid. I didn't have my thigh armor or helmet in it when I took the pictures but I have since placed them inside and it all fits nicely with some creative armor packing.

------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

On 5/25/2012 at 8:56 PM, silverBoyd said:

I recently picked up a 45 gallon Rugged Tote brand storage container @ Lowe's for around $35 after tax. It seems to fit everything nicely. I really like that it has wheels on it as well as the nice locking lid. I didn't have my thigh armor or helmet in it when I took the pictures but I have since placed them inside and it all fits nicely with some creative armor packing.

------------

I have that one as well. It's dynomite and fits everything really, really nicely. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Question:    In event you have to travel (fly) to another city or state for an event (i.e. Star Wars Celebration), what is the best way to protect your armor and gear?   

The Stanley 50 Gallon storage box i'm looking at is 30.7 pounds.    

http://www.amazon.com/Stanley-037025H-Gallon-Mobile-Chest/dp/B000Q5LZT4#productDetails

The airlines baggage limit is 50 pounds.  Any solutions or great ideas?

I use this thing I got from home depot. It takes some creative packing to get everything in there and I just carry my bucket on the plane with me. It's lightweight and has never exceeded 50 lbs while flying with my armor. It has easily handled a bunch of flying except that dragging across a stone patio I broke one of the wheels off.... which seems easily fixed. 

Take a look at some of the modifications one of the SLD guys has done to the case. He uses it for his badass Vader. It's worth reading the whole thread. 

I will probably replace it with a big Stanley tote soon for troops I don't have to fly to. 

There are a handful of threads here on FISD detailing what people use to travel with and store their armor. Some folks purchased hard case rolling luggage and have had pretty good success. (I was eyeing some at costco recently). Do a couple quick searches and you'll find better answers than mine. 

-Eric

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Thanks Eric!

Plano boxes

Drum boxes

Pelican boxes

Modified hard case luggage with the Imperial logo!!!

.... and I love that PVC pipe cape holder set up!  

My question is answered and then some!    

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

For flying I bought a hard shell suitcase and take my helmet as carry-on on a helmet bag.  I have one of the basic Rugged Totes and they are huge, but some day I keep telling myself I like the looks of a Stanley box where people take the time to put in foam so that nothing gets damaged.  My armor always takes a beating :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Has anyone used the 35" (25 gal) Husky rolling job tote?

It's pretty common around here, although mostly among those with smaller cars that can't fit the bigger model.  You have to get creative with packing, but you should be able to fit everything inside except the helmet.  It's a well made, sturdy case, otherwise.

It's pretty common around here, although mostly among those with smaller cars that can't fit the bigger model. You have to get creative with packing, but you should be able to fit everything inside except the helmet. It's a well made, sturdy case, otherwise.

Thank you, I thought that was the case. I just wanted to be sure. And car size is the issue here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk