WTF ANH STUNT TK Build Thread

StrmTRPR85

Drop boxes!

nLJ4mvSNRyZcx6ZXsnSkTqRetwe3n6inG10t3H2s

There is a larger on and a smaller on.  The smaller one makes up the back of the larger one.

I trimmed these down to have a 15 mm edge and assembled.

In an effort to make these functional I took some of my remaining nylon webbing and glued them in at the bottom to make a hinge.

GMqdWbligXekbEso7k557GJt-Pi-k9T6zvydynKy

I'll have to take a few more pics to add in to document everything, but I drilled a hole in the back portion (the smaller box) and looped my elastic between the plastic belt and canvas belt and rivted the elastic to the drop box.

tpFUJV1vpPDGmMQ4u9_I6iJmt4K8jDQQnzD5pgiL

I still need to get a setup to keep the boxes closed (i'll be using velcro just figuring out what will work best for me).

• Like 1

I also made my belt boxes functional, but after half a dozen troops, I've still never used them. They're slightly too small for trading cards, unfortunately.

22 hours ago, ukswrath said:

Looking good just ensure the drop boxes are aligned with the out most edge of the ammo belt.

Probably will put some velcro on the elastic to hold it in place in the back.

46 minutes ago, StrmTRPR85 said:

Probably will put some velcro on the elastic to hold it in place in the back.

That or just E6000 the straps to your cloth belt. :duim:

Yikes, . Ummm, wow dude.

Not to sure what to do about that.

I would PM Walt and get another pair on the way'

In the mean time, try your best to fix the ones you have. The experience you get will be priceless compared to the cost of some new shins.

I learned to be careful with a heat gun by trying to make things with ABS other than armor. It will deform quick on you.

• Like 1

Yea it wasn't as bad before I tried to fix one issue then it got out of hand....

I'm thinking while I order a new set to try Bondo, sand and paint.  Worse case I have set of TD shins ready

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frank75139 said:

I’d hold onto them. You’d probably have no problem using them if you did a sandy or if needed you have extra plastic for paste.

Oh I'm going to try to fix them up, with the idea of doing a Sandy in the future.  

Looking back over and rethinking my shin connection I believe I may have trimmed them to much to size first than added my elastic hook connections.  What I think occurred is that I trimmed to the back of the shins to fit, but in so doing once I had the shin on my leg with the hook it pushed it out causing the large opening between the cover strip and the shin.  Now when I went to fix this with the heat gun to angle the cover strip down to reduce the gap things got really "sandtrooperish".

Something to note for when I get the parts back in and trim everything down.

2 hours ago, StrmTRPR85 said:

Looking back over and rethinking my shin connection I believe I may have trimmed them to much to size first than added my elastic hook connections.  What I think occurred is that I trimmed to the back of the shins to fit, but in so doing once I had the shin on my leg with the hook it pushed it out causing the large opening between the cover strip and the shin.  Now when I went to fix this with the heat gun to angle the cover strip down to reduce the gap things got really "sandtrooperish".

Something to note for when I get the parts back in and trim everything down.

Also, when shaping it's better to give things a hot water bath where the heat is spread throughout a larger area instead of concentrated.  

39 minutes ago, ukswrath said:

hot water bath

That was what I tried at first and I could not get it to bend enough.  The return edges at the top of the shins got a bit droopy but those were easy to fix with the heat gun back into place.

1 hour ago, StrmTRPR85 said:

That was what I tried at first and I could not get it to bend enough.  The return edges at the top of the shins got a bit droopy but those were easy to fix with the heat gun back into place.

Huh well that stinks. 

• Like 1

Heat is not an easy thing to use, does take some practice and I always advise to use scraps first.

it certainly appears you may need some replacements :(

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Heat is not an easy thing to use, does take some practice and I always advise to use scraps first.

it certainly appears you may need some replacements :(

That's what I get for making my return edge on the kidney and butt, I felt comfortable and fearless...haha

At least replacements are ordered and on the way as soon as they ship

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, StrmTRPR85 said:

That's what I get for making my return edge on the kidney and butt, I felt comfortable and fearless...haha

At least replacements are ordered and on the way as soon as they ship

We all learn along the way none of us are perfect from the get go.

Glad to hear you have replacements on the way, be back on track in no time.

• Like 1

While I'm waiting on replacement shins, my mind has been wandering to electronics.  I need/want a battery back that has 5v and 9 or 12v outputs.  Anyone have any suggestions?  I'd prefer it to be small to fit in my bucket.

2 hours ago, StrmTRPR85 said:

While I'm waiting on replacement shins, my mind has been wandering to electronics.  I need/want a battery back that has 5v and 9 or 12v outputs.  Anyone have any suggestions?  I'd prefer it to be small to fit in my bucket.

12/9/5v battery to fit inside a bucket? Doesn't exist Jeff, unless something new has come out in the last year. I'm always looking for new battery supplies and the smallest I've seen are from Antigravity but those will only fit in a chest plate or a similar space. If you find something in your search please let us know.   

• Like 1