WTF ANH STUNT TK Build Thread

StrmTRPR85

4 hours ago, TK 71627 said:

I place 3 snaps on the sides & 6 on the longer sides= 18 total snaps (36 total counting male and females)

ddbf5cee5b62e8b595c7c4f40b5e674c.jpg
I was going to use Velcro to attach the sides.... but snaps are more secure.
You must have a detachable lined on your bin, for EASY ACCESS to snap off and WASH FELT , you don’t want to store your armor and FORGET to unload and ending up smelling like gym shorts & sweat emoji1417.pngemoji6.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good work! I like the interior job and the snaps

• Like 1

Fixed the ammo boxes on the belt for my centurion approval.

I cut the old straps to allow me to move the boxes to align with the  ends and glue in place

Cutting the old straps:

qQD3bCFShijsVjAi88EfS5_PJIMoT5EVxJpF-tcy

Moved the box to the end and aligned with the end of the belt.

0HbL-rOuIyk4yVuge4jRqOmdOV7s_41HFxg9uChA

Repeated for other side than added E6000 and allowed to dry:

yWHZRcbo5Pd9TBKuDU2Tcqj8eFsYLOstsObaMYB8

and here is the view from the front

uJ40Supzs3yAlIH27qd72cuwIo0vGQ4qOjEpR5vJ

Now all to clean some excess E6000 from the belt buttons next!

Nice job! I'm jealous of the bin - I used Velcro but it came off the bin so I need to redo it. I like the snaps...

TY, for the kind words Shashachu.... it’s usually me admiring EVERYONE ELSE’s armor. It feels good !!!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TK 71627 said:

Frown/Teeth AFTER...d0db40e657f5f5bff96e60f088ec01fd.jpg52242ff7f7c5b44dfdfcca7d9b549ab6.jpg

Good job cleaning those teeth up.  Just a curious question do you mean to post in this build thread or do you mean to add to yours? 

It doesn't bother me one bit if you want to add to mine B)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TK 71627 said:

Omg emoji50.png !!!!!!!
I am so SORRY, ‘85 !!!!
I NEVER REALIZED this was your build thread emoji20.pngemoji53.pngemoji33.pngemoji22.png....
I NEVER meant to INVADE your thread ...
Idk how to apologize, this is SO EMBARRASSING !!!!
Please FORGIVE ME emoji1431.pngemoji1431.pngemoji1431.png

Your fine trooper!:salute: Your a true TK as in we always miss :tkrotj:

I thought we had almost similar titles so I thought I'd double check.  No harm no foul.  

Still jealous over that liner in your tote....I just have my kit go in with blankets covering the sides

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Painted my flexible hand guards that were yellowing.

eS6R-Vif_bB5O8txAgMrcRe1rVeVOOuQsLC70vgI

Used this in white gloss

Applied several light coats

GwbKiUUGAn1H1J81ivJZ1YuOgp5ncwzZsRHXmNWJ

ldcruCWFtEcPyda8qIbFUm8q0r-INzpf26SdGyKn

Looks smooth as glass B)

My question involves submitting the centeruion picture of when I show they are flexible.  When I flex the guards the paint breaks

7kNkenmh91sNzEGS50Thb5ZewImG7KG_VWpaxRZ8

But once done flexing it goes back to almost perfect.

riF2AKDVeDB9YiqbhwsathgCtIq3aj0Pil9Qiu9_

Obviously I want to hit this with another pass of spray paint before attaching them back to my gloves but what would be the best method for submitting this to avoid cracking my paint? I know our handsguards don't flex that much while wearing them.

Actually, the crackling effect is 100% screen accurate, as that is what they did in the films.  The reason they are bent in Centurion submissions is to show that they are indeed the flexible type.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, justjoseph63 said:

The reason they are bent in Centurion submissions is to show that they are indeed the flexible type.

You mean if lay them flat you can't tell :P

well cool if cracking is screen accurate then where good to roll

• Like 1

Working on fixing my left ab gap

added a tandy snap as my elastic snap was not going to work at making it tighter and hold as well as it could.

h36-tBdbp65qcU5S354gyNu_PZ9wzr7QHLlpJK8R

Moved to a nylon strap so it will hold the ab and kidney together better than elastic strap.

5HkaGAyi0sxAswXGGYhhqi6TXQEyOTEfUcCXJtrb

I'm not 100% sure how well this will fly for centurion.  I can reset the nylon back a bit further and reglue.  Opinions?

iq1-mvOxdipDKLf5ANJn_wXVZvmPQUdBO0TJKF4X

On 8/19/2018 at 8:47 AM, StrmTRPR85 said:

Painted my flexible hand guards that were yellowing....

My question involves submitting the centeruion picture of when I show they are flexible.  When I flex the guards the paint breaks

7kNkenmh91sNzEGS50Thb5ZewImG7KG_VWpaxRZ8

But once done flexing it goes back to almost perfect.

Obviously I want to hit this with another pass of spray paint before attaching them back to my gloves but what would be the best method for submitting this to avoid cracking my paint? I know our handsguards don't flex that much while wearing them.

Some cracking and flaking of the paint on the flexible handguards is completely normal and accurate.  I think your handguards would be fine for Centurion.

But I'm concerned about (what looks to me) as how brittle the paint is.  The paint you used isn't designed to be all that flexible, and I imagine that it's going to give you some grief sooner rather than later.

If you decide to strip that paint off at some point, I highly recommend using a screen printing ink for your handguards.  I found Speedball screen printing ink over on Amazon works really well.  Here's what my flexible handguards look like after a year and a half of trooping...

30351203648_8a44a5b9a2_b.jpg30351203698_59c096a888_b.jpg

There is some flaking/peeling at the wrists, but that's common.  I don't have any cracking or peeling anywhere else on the handguards.

Application is super easy.  Clean the handguards with alcohol and let dry.  Apply a light coat of paint to the handguards.  Bake your painted handguards in a 250 degree oven for about 8 minutes.  Let cool.  Apply another thin coat of paint and repeat the baking process.  Do this process until you have the coverage you like.  I applied three coats to mine.

Hope this helps!

• Like 1