WTF ANH STUNT TK Build Thread

StrmTRPR85

9 hours ago, walt said:

YA!

Sorry Walt :blush:  Didn't mean for you to make deeper bells.  Outstanding service though!  Hence since I caught the bug i'll need to save up for a scout, pilot or inferno from you next!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, StrmTRPR85 said:

I'm wondering if I want to move my belt up should I just add two extra snaps so than I have the option of high belt and low belt..... thoughts?

Not sure why you would want to do this but it is your armor lol ;)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ukswrath said:

Not sure why you would want to do this but it is your armor lol ;)

That was before I realized my belt was just loose.  Just a stream of unfiltered thoughts coming from my keyboard:P

Thigh ammo pack time!

I trimmed the bottom corners of the ammo pack and made them rounded.

sDSSFDcWeJFjvg7qOyLX97bU14ZPw12qtGEPqT93

I drilled the holes about 1/2 inch from the edges and I lined up the center with the cover strip.  I have seen some reference pics where it was lined up in the middle and others with the 3 block so I went with the third block.

jLFw1VoBKwEzeuCUXiUe4DbfjVvYt-zhpprgo3rs

vDqHbGuH5hxpSaw9OWvUt9Do9BlnMKPtfdMgnNsl

D2TDdCUBHDYjbkHaWhybUlXsAxFEa8oQFEoHvwF1

Put in the rivets and pressed them in place.  Although I need to find my channel locks to give it a bit more clamping but I don't think they are going any where currently

8 minutes ago, ukswrath said:

My OCD is telling me to have you remove more of the lower return edge. But it's up to you, it has absolutely no bearing on any approvals

I thought that too but much easier to take more off later than add more later on. That might be where the 3-5 mm comes into play that I took from the image.  Those are measured out to 4-5 mm.  Once the completed kit is assembled ("Troopers Assemble!") I'll determine if a bit more should come off.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Cricket said:

That Ab button plate does not have much of a lip on it at all. I added a backing plate to mine.  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/41502-crickets-wtf-hero-build-even-more-tk-for-the-vertically-challenged/?do=findComment&comment=595624

Ah, duly noted for future WTF builds! Yours turned out great! Good solution.

6 minutes ago, StrmTRPR85 said:

It could be possible to get close to the vacuum pull holes and have some edge but could be difficult on some I'm sure.

In addition, the WTF ab button plates are very, very deep.  On the ANH suits, the ab button plate is pretty shallow- and the four-button strip is flat.  So if you're trying to emulate the ANH suit, you'll need to remove a lot off of them in order to flatten them out.

40807345114_0fcaa9825e.jpg40807333464_04c970e19e.jpg

Edited by Cricket
  • Like 2

For the record the center Ab button plate return edge is not required at any level of approval. I know the accuracy nuts hate this but it is what it is.  

IMHO I would rather see a lower profile plate without return edge than one that appears too tall with return edge. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, StrmTRPR85 said:

Getting ready to put my holster on my belt.

Does this look approximately right?

i4D0gBZWhuzeYSu2aIZV8c3CP6p1oEVRkcem-4Pe

I measured 3/4 inch from the end of the waist ammo and another 15 mm from the bottom of the belt

HolsterplacementANH-crop.jpg

1 hour ago, StrmTRPR85 said:

How much of the cod do people remove?  Not many screen reference of that part for some reason

h4po1aoEGGVgaVv3EbztBYIrIcFFjZ1646GZy8pl

Roughly

Armor_Front_04.jpg

• Like 1

Holster attached to the belt!

Same holes as I had marked in above picture, used soldering iron to create the holes than I riveted using a 3mm washer in the back for extra strength.

BwroKAjLiwSg6iqY-g0dpCi_EtzH9WdVzCF8uueB

Also tightened the velcro on the belt which allowed the belt to sit correctly on the bottom Ab button

ZyEDVkhzDD4e1eIumF6QobKadCEAkwKsBwRnaysm

• Like 3

For the record the center Ab button plate return edge is not required at any level of approval. I know the accuracy nuts hate this but it is what it is.  

IMHO I would rather see a lower profile plate without return edge than one that appears too tall with return edge. 

What about the other thin ab plate ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk