WTF ANH STUNT TK Build Thread

StrmTRPR85

Thigh ammo pack time!

I trimmed the bottom corners of the ammo pack and made them rounded.

sDSSFDcWeJFjvg7qOyLX97bU14ZPw12qtGEPqT93imaZLzmRGZFcQrVGYj9vPmfIvrE-D-UHtUoIPq85dFMNxlNqmNWMdyLUpy6nEEaP6yWTIaDFPhRpKWEUHzfy9Cs0dI8g2RuYiro=w2400

I drilled the holes about 1/2 inch from the edges and I lined up the center with the cover strip.  I have seen some reference pics where it was lined up in the middle and others with the 3 block so I went with the third block.

jLFw1VoBKwEzeuCUXiUe4DbfjVvYt-zhpprgo3rsxwOu3aOuvPHRXNxtoKjU9NWaygaKIz7Oagf5kA8xu4II_CGI0MTEDLcqBfs0ljYrh0a8B0Lybwle06p16FQpU7QZ7_YeqrA9BW8=w2400

vDqHbGuH5hxpSaw9OWvUt9Do9BlnMKPtfdMgnNslIPmSx2oY9AL9SvO31Ekpc34lvcqiex_sQD8ZfoM_98Q_tdtL5-kmQa6W-RccHlNGvWNBB0NEFAodMLPNKS7tqOp1VmW3OCVrdwU=w2400

D2TDdCUBHDYjbkHaWhybUlXsAxFEa8oQFEoHvwF17ZUAEGkn2n5cLs_M0OMf53F-xHTgW1I1V1n2bMj4ixwdkjadHmVyKPMT5pegz8Q0o14O_TL2TqiQ6e4Up0emjPsm1sNcVCL9Ork=w2400

Put in the rivets and pressed them in place.  Although I need to find my channel locks to give it a bit more clamping but I don't think they are going any where currently

What size of pop rivets ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry my I slept through my alarm and was not able to start the other ab buttons.  Although I did get my thigh strapping glued on.

nmW-NSKEhV4Z8Wed0IHiQm3H2MMzv5QZN9WCuYEE

I got my thigh garter system here from Pencap510

If you looked very closely I have a slight bend in the middle between the two snaps.  This was done to allow the two snaps on the thigh to align with the snaps on the garter belt.  I may cut this so it lays flat but I will determine once it is dried and trial fit.

Well done so far! I used the snap method but found it is too restrictive for movement. But this works for many trooeprs! I switched to a simple elastic that I glued directly on the armor. 

Good Luck on the rest of your build. You are moving right along. :jc_doublethumbup:

• Like 1

Other Ab buttons as requested :smiley-sw013:

Here is what is the buttons come as before trimming out from the ABS sheet

wPH27Bj1ZVna9gGsqwZucxUc16oHohiV6txPrSlE

We will be using the four button piece for our ANH Stunt TK.

Notice how close the vacuum pull parts are to the piece.  My belief is this allows for a vert tight pull and gives great detail with the thicker ABS sheets that WTF uses, hence why they need to be so close to the actual part.  Just like before there will not be much of a lip but this is no concern to me.

Rough trimmed and cut out parts:

fdmdSewAxvF9QxbBUD2E5GyPdnMAIs0eJKxXMcu0

IkRd5mQ3wTCK0UYzFo37f9LjE43UKeR7DIDSKx5U

Notice how close the pull lines are to the button edge after rough trimming

VmSX-9cn5msA8vNDi5TzGhtOh6ahpsEjN5z85ebK

I cleaned this up close to the edge and sanded down the back to be uniform (sorry I missed a picture after all cleaned up).  I glued to the Ab plate and magnet in place.

YAYvnQ-Gkq2wMF0oUNN6aTE3BuTC0myid9Xw3rbD

2 minutes ago, CableGuy said:

Ideally, the smaller ab plate would have zero return edge. As below in this reference pic.

Thanks Dan!  I only glanced over the screenshots and should have gone into the RS suit gallery.  To be updated pulling that button off later today and removing the edge :duim:

• Like 1

So I was having some issues with the thermal detonator assembly

Even after a hot water bath and a heat gun I could not get the end caps installed for the lift of me.

BpUWSR4-6PtaBl-g7QFg0ggyI8IVFmZkBO6Xykb0 

Here is one the end cap that did not get the heat gun treatment.  It sits right on top of the pipe.

n6hy4mmlNM9wAuDDR4ui8Zr1Q-84IMaUC0npmzUO

I went ahead and ordered the caps and pipe from Trooperbay

tZ_VXTgnQ8SwuQTLkQWsj3snXEpIx_m7LO87ZjX0

and the end caps slide on with minimal effort

8RLp_I9o441io38VFnbCJ3QbFwbUFxlkYqz0jL-Q

After trimming the end caps I believe I still need to go a bit further to remove the bend from the vacuum pull.

For comparison WTF end caps fit inside Trooperbays end caps so not sure what happened where or who (I can provide that picture later)

4 hours ago, StrmTRPR85 said:

So I was having some issues with the thermal detonator assembly

Even after a hot water bath and a heat gun I could not get the end caps installed for the lift of me.

BpUWSR4-6PtaBl-g7QFg0ggyI8IVFmZkBO6Xykb0 

Here is one the end cap that did not get the heat gun treatment.  It sits right on top of the pipe.

n6hy4mmlNM9wAuDDR4ui8Zr1Q-84IMaUC0npmzUO

This is a good question for Walt. IMHO something is off here, they shouldn't be that difficult to install, I could be wrong. 

53 minutes ago, ukswrath said:

This is a good question for Walt. IMHO something is off here, they shouldn't be that difficult to install, I could be wrong.

I know LTM had a similar issue with his end caps on his pipe and also ended up ordering from Trooperbay.  I think we both ordered our kits around the same time so not sure it it was just a one off or what. 

• Like 1

Showed Walt the pictures and asked about when I got my kit.  He is currently sending out updated parts!  I never had any doubt in Walt, I just didn't want to bug the guy with something I thought was small time.

14 minutes ago, StrmTRPR85 said:

Showed Walt the pictures and asked about when I got my kit.  He is currently sending out updated parts!  I never had any doubt in Walt, I just didn't want to bug the guy with something I thought was small time.

As suppliers we shouldn't be afraid of customers concerns and customers shouldn't feel bad about asking questions, that's what good communication and service is all about. As you've also stated Walt has great customer service :jc_doublethumbup:. Something simply just got overlooked and now is being remedied.  

• Like 1

Yeah. That happens some time. Not to speak for Walt but I believe he was using a smaller different pipe with those caps. His new ones fit like a glove on PVC pipe now. I had same issue and he sent out replacements quickly. 

Looking great so far! The end is getting closer by the day!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, magni said:

The end is getting closer by the day!

I literally only have to glue the second Ab button, the three belt buttons, sniper knee, elastic for bicep to forearm, paint Ab buttons and tube vents and finally shape shins so they close better in the back.  I just might get approval on May 4th if the force is with me

• Like 4

Walt redid the TD end caps a while back to fit on the pipe easily, but I wonder if there is some pile of old end caps lying in the shop. My kit came with one new (bigger) cap and one small cap. I was able to make the smaller one fit with the heat gun.

• Like 2

Hi Jeff,

Ab plate looks a little smaller than the previous pics. Might be the lighting but it still seems to have the curved return edge.

4376bd6e4e79b9679078fb9dd05836e6.jpg

Might be worth checking with Tony (@ukswrath) if that or the rounded corners will affect any higher levels of clearance. :-)

• Like 2

It looks like my buttons are slightly larger than the screen reference.  I wasn't sure if I could get much closer but I can always pull it off and give it a go

Perhaps see if anyone else has any feedback. Might be just me. ;-)

You should be able to get that plate smaller.  I was able to get all of it off on mine. You want some of that ridge detail below the button plate on the Ab to also be visible. 

My WTF buttons on the left, my RS buttons on the right.  The WTF buttons are quite a bit larger than the RS, but can still work.  I could still probably take even more off the sides of my WTF button plate, actually.

41561081112_bc068e4216.jpg40709694425_443c7482a5.jpg

Edited by Cricket
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, CableGuy said:

Hi Jeff,

Ab plate looks a little smaller than the previous pics. Might be the lighting but it still seems to have the curved return edge.

4376bd6e4e79b9679078fb9dd05836e6.jpg

Might be worth checking with Tony (@ukswrath) if that or the rounded corners will affect any higher levels of clearance. :-)

Correct. The edge of the button plate should be smaller than the raised Ab portion. Though not in the CRL it would get menitoned during EIB. Basic approval you're fine