WTF ANH STUNT TK Build Thread

StrmTRPR85

49 minutes ago, StrmTRPR85 said:

This build is anything but basic ;)

I have to state that in case anyone else is following this thread that's not shooting for the higher levels ;)

• Like 2

Belt rivet covers!  I trimmed the 3 "buttons" and sanded down to remover the return edge

50VJoTJ1ylkbqjzQ4FMkShvY3oPBRDRU25KB-ySC

Repeated this for all sides and the remaining "buttons"

Slapped some E6000 to the back, centered them over the rivets on the belt and clamped in place

jPmPkbTQ-9xwGyU1wu9Cr4rpZqjYLvLWrPT1eoJc

Did a trial fit to see how everything looks up front. 

yxRAxGJkTBl0wb1kUfGUQabkG87AphoqUyZv9Kk4

I think the left bell needs to come in a hair.  I think the gapping between biceps and forearms are good since I have these long arms.

I haven't done the sniper knee just yet as the shins need a bit more hot water bath shaping.  I'll be getting some velcro on the belt to ensure it stays in place.

Edited by StrmTRPR85
Adding info
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, StrmTRPR85 said:

So drop boxes...what's the thickness dimensions? I've seen both 10mm and 15mm in my searching

Drop Box - Dimensions

Edited by LTM
Added general link
  • Like 2

Alright looking at fixing my spacing between my biceps and forearms.  I believe I have too much of the bicep covered by the bell

Here is how it is sitting currently

-e66mB2ivlAZ1vkDWPpX2iRTzfxueBo6RrELzfbF

Here is where I propose it to go.

ytLgibn6-iQWLrieQi9sO_NgdYg7tPsc9JJzrYFZ

Granted this will need a longer hook.  Not planning on making the hook that long but maybe an 1/2 to an 1 inch longer.  Thoughts?

Or was my spacing ok before?

qGDaHgRSbbChrPbdH2KbPyjRLKwyfpmNs2xD539N

Wow brother you have some long arms. My suggestion, ditch using the hook. Drop the bicep down until the tops of the biceps can be seen in the front and back of the bell. Install a single connecting strap between the bicep and bell, dead center on the inner rib. Later if you feel they're moving around too much you can install front and rear strapping to help keep them centered.

There should roughly be 1/2" gap between the bicep and forearm but not sure you'll be able to pull that off without creating too much gap between the forearms and hand guards. Find the sweet spot, balance between elbow and wrist then post more photos. 

Keep up the good work. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ukswrath said:

Wow brother you have some long arms.

Right? If I could afford it would make a great lanky wookiee :dance:

Sweet I'll ditch that hook than.  Would you think elastic or nylon for keep them in place?  Not sure if I need then to stretch as much as I need them held in place.

Good to know that the hooks aren't a requirement.  I'm having issues with my bicep hook placement on this kit.  Off they go!  :)  

• Like 1

Hooks are not a requirement. When I need to control and area of movement I use nylon webbing, elastic is like using velcro, never know what's going to happen.

• Like 2

Ok so my thought is line 24 snaps inside the bell and bicep with nylon webbing to secure it with the front of the biceps showing.  This should drop it down a good 2 inches which will give me close to the 1/2 inch gap.

4 minutes ago, ukswrath said:

glue them directly

Great minds think alike.  I was even going to do two to ensure it had strength and will not pivot on a single snap

Edited by StrmTRPR85
typographical
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, StrmTRPR85 said:

After some hot water bath and a heat gun I think this is about as close as I can get my left calf

b3oGUXlkJ0MbytnfE8xtx1MWTf9OS2nxXJUZHfPF

Thoughts? Do more or for enough?

Looks good, if you want to tighten it up a bit maybe a couple of plastic tabs on the cover side to "lock in" and pull it closer? I also see more experienced troopers talking about "comfort" while trooping and some cut a moon shape out of the back of the shin to allow a little more movement. Maybe after you get approval?

1 minute ago, LTM said:

I also see more experienced troopers talking about "comfort" while trooping and some cut a moon shape out of the back of the shin to allow a little more movement. Maybe after you get approval?

It didn't feel too bad with the compression paints, but we will see after more extensive wear.  I did find a small crack on the top under the return edge from my heating.  I'll be cutting perpendicular to the crack and hitting it with some epoxy from the inside to keep that sucker in place.