Black top dosent give to much...

Runnriottt

I am better today with all the pain meds in me... LOL...

Dudes, when you venture out today, and drive to where ever you are going... Look out for that Cyclist.

We aint got seat belts...

I only remember flashes of light off the motor bike that whacked me, but he was in the middle of the road on his way to me when we collided almost head on at about 25-30 mph.

I cant remember hitting the ground, but I am prettysure I endoed, and was thrown about 20 feet. I have about 10 minutes of black out memory loss.

Medic here said if I hadnt been waring my helmet I would not be here today.

So, a sprained shoulder, two busted up knees and hands, deep cuts really, and road rash. I got about 50 stitches in my and on my face, but should recover fully. I am in good spirits, but in alot of pain. They gave me the good stuff to combat that.

God was watching me. This has changed me truly. It has been a gut checking 2 long days, but I will be a better man for it.

Hang in there guys on your orders from me, Ill get them out ASAP.

Later

Nathan

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dude ,i fill your pain as a fellow bike rider,that sucks an impolite person,,i hope you take it easy,for that is what its gonna take to make a full recovery ,,my heart goes out to you bro,,,sit back, relax and enjoy tha meds,,haha,,get well bro and stay it touch,,,,,darkhammer out......

OMG Nathan ,that's horrific ! Sounds like you are lucky to still be alive . Take care mate ,do what the doctors tell you , and make sure you take the happy pills when you need them .

Dave .

O.K. can I make a request? Can what ever dark cloud thats hanging over this forum go away? There's too much crappy stuff happing to the members. I thought Karma was paid in full after that whole ewok thing....

Dang. usually, one would take an event like this as an opportunity to rail on stupid box-jockeys who have that indeed, silly blind spot for cyclists of all types...but you got hit by a motorcyclist...that's messed up.

Here's to a speedy recovery, and remember...if the Vicodin starts making you sick, ask your doctor for some Phenergin (the generic is Promethazine) and take one of those about a half-hour before the Vicodin. It makes the upset stomach go away and feels like flying. ;)

Thank goodness you survived. There are definitely lessons in your experience for us all, whether we drive, ride, cycle, or walk. Whether it's a seat belt, protective riding clothes, or a helmet, safety gear saves lives!!! Having a heads-up attitude helps a lot as well. Things I'll especially remember the next time my kids want to go for a bike ride.

Here's wishing you a speedy recovery! :engel:

OMG! This is horrible!

I wish you the best Nathan. Yeah, as a motorcyclist I'm abhorred that a fellow two-wheeler took you out. I'd like to vent that it must have been a SQUID, a Harley, or a dentist, but I shouldn't generalize.

Man - please get better. My prayers are with you.

Wow! Thank god you're alright. Cyclists and bikers tend to be much more alert to other traffic than car drivers, but in your case, that's totally wrong. I hope you make a full recovery soon!

Kev