ANOVOS TK (discussion forum)

ukswrath

After taking part in an armor party hosted by my GML I have the correct brass groin split rivet and as stated by sylverbard the crotch rivet is not painted, the rest of the rivets are. Also woohoo I have a clamshell and I just need to do some tinkering and painting on it.

• Like 1

Just been looking at the contents of the Anovos BBB that came a couple of days ago. Has anyone else received a shoulder bell like this -

IMAG0982.jpg

IMAG0985.jpg

The raised extra plastic has gone over the trim line...Yet again poor quality control.

I also have a couple of other pieces with some poor forming that will need some attention before assembly...I don't seem to have much luck buying from Anovos.

I've had nothing but excellent support from anovos. They offered to send my alpha helm early so I could have it during chemo, they followed up daily when my alpha suit sat at customs for three weeks because a 0 looked like an O, and responded favourable when I asked to buy damaged parts for a custom suit rather than damage my hood parts. Like any customer service people treat them respect, understand that they didn't FUBAR the armor, and they don't pack the boxes.

• Like 2

good luck with the Anovos customer support... I found out they are as outstanding good as the quality control in their chinese factory. :angry:

I always got a answer within 24 hours.

The only thing i never got was a shipping notice for my BBB - and it shipped way to late for the date of my order placement.

I would have to say customer support at ANOVOS must be on hold or something at the moment. No acknowledgement for my two support tickets, given my order dated 4/28 that hasn't shipped yet. Just getting crickets. I'll give them 2-3 more business days, then I dig up the headquarters phone number via Google and talk to someone higher up...

I would have to say customer support at ANOVOS must be on hold or something at the moment. No acknowledgement for my two support tickets, given my order dated 4/28 that hasn't shipped yet. Just getting crickets. I'll give them 2-3 more business days, then I dig up the headquarters phone number via Google and talk to someone higher up...

I've got a ticket in now with no response as well. I am assuming they are probably overwhelmed with all the kits that have gone out. My experience with them in the past has been quite favorable, so I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

I ordered on 19/04 and got my BBB this friday. And i didn´t even know if it has shipped until i opened my door and there it was waiting.

I opened a support ticket because they of the shipping. They are shipping with FedEx instead of USPS Priority (which I had ordered) and they ship the soft parts extra, so this makes a lot of trouble for me at customs. I need to pay more taxes due to higher shipping costs (USPS price was more and I payed for it, but didn't get it), I will have to pay toll and taxes twice for shipping and the product, because they send it in two parts. The only answer I got from Anovos was:

"All imports duties, taxes and fees are the responsibility of the buyer."

But it's their fault, that I have to pay higher rates and that sucks.

No, you misunderstood that.

I payed for USPS Priority (that was more expensive than regular FedEx Shipping). But now they shipped it with FedEx and did not change the bill. So they charged int'l Priority shipping costs and I only received regular shipping.

You have to pay VAT for the whole bill (incl. shipping) So if your bill is higher due to higher shipping costs, you will have to pay more taxes.

Additionally, they will have to declare the 2nd shipping anyhow. And I would like to know how they do it, since all the shipping costs are on the declaration for the armor parts.

Of course I will wait for the second part shipment, I have no other choice (Since Anovos Customer Support isn't helpfull at all). But I would like to have that clarified before - If I know what's going on, I can also call FedEx and tell them how to declare the 2nd package at customs. And just to clear that: I was not at all insulting to the customer support. I told them, that Anovos does a great job and they make lots of people happy, I only would like to know how shipping and VAT declaration at customs is done. And the answer that it's not their business is less than satisfying...

Edited by Ripper_L

Did you check the customs declaration? The customs declaration coming with my BBB said the price of the item is 300$. No shipping fees mentioned extra.

Tough I haven't got a bill for customs fees but if the second delivery coming with declaration about 50$ I have no extra costs!

Perhaps it is the same with your delivery?

• Like 1

I´ve done that for a living for many years, handling customs - but i still don´t understand your problem. (only the part you say you paid more for shipping than you got.)

What have you paid for shipping? What was your lumpsum paid price?

Have you checked your invoice on the BBB? What was the listed amount?

On my included commercial invoice for this part shipment (BBB with plastic parts) a amount of 300$ is listed only, and i assume the other part of the paid amount i will see on the invoice comming with the second parcel with the soft parts. Both invoices together will probably be the amount i paid long ago.

It looks to me you are not very experienced in handling customs?

Did you check the customs declaration? The customs declaration coming with my BBB said the price of the item is 300$. No shipping fees mentioned extra.

Tough I haven't got a bill for customs fees but if the second delivery coming with declaration about 50$ I have no extra costs!

If it will be handled correctly, the second invoice should consist the 50$ AND additional the paid shipping, as you have to pay VAT and fees for both.

Under the line the complete paid amount will be used to calculate the VAT plus fees. Iirr my total paid amount was 492$ (i had a additional 10$ for a tribble).

In my case that should mean 300 for the first parcel, and 192 for the second. VAT and fees will be due to the complete amount.

Looking at my commercial invoice the shipping is fully declared and looks like that part cost is $5 under declared. So I can only assume the soft parts will be declared at the remaining $5?

This was to the UK still waiting to see if I get a VAT and duty bill through. I am expecting one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is the Anovos complete ensemble "501st ready"? Or what mods need to be done for initial acceptance?

As a general rule there is no such thing as 501st ready.  While it will likely be very close, it will also likely require some tweaking of the strapping to ensure a proper fit in accordance with the CRL.

Think about this, anything that is being addressed as "good to change" or "in need of alteration/change" on the kits that have been mailed out, is going to be assembled as-is in their assembled costumes.

The belt will be the same one.  Four Chicago Screws instead of two.

The eyes will have the same degree of trim/untrimmed finish around them.

The frown will be the same as we've already seen.

The Velcro strapping system, which many people are ditching in favor of the Legion's tried and true methods of Original Brackets or Snaps and Straps will be installed.

Finally, no pieces will be cut to fit the wearer during assembly, so any of the armor bite areas will need to be addressed by the buyer, but they won't have built the costume, so they won't likely be comfortable with that idea.

These are reasons why we typically encourage people (even those with no belief that they can build armor) to buy and build their own armor.

• Like 2

My commercial invoice says 300$ for the product and 126$ for shipping. So there are 50$ left for the soft parts, but how do they declare the soft part shipping?

Other question:

Did anybody disassemble the inner drop boxes? I'd like to make them functional (open/close).

I paid 132 for FedEx, so not sure what disturbs you?

What they declare is not your problem, it´s theirs. At the end it only counts that all declared amounts combined are the same than the amount you paid (and that you can proove to the customs with a print of your according paypal transaction).

• Like 1

Looks like a poor vac forming work, and quality control indeed. No luck for you mate. I hope they'll send you spare parts to replace the ones that need to be.

I wish...Still have an open ticket from mid December 2015 from the issues/defects received with my FO TK helmet. I've sent emails, messages and even opened another ticket but no one wants to reply from Anovos. So I have no chance in getting a response to the issues of the recent delivery.