ANOVOS TK (discussion forum)

ukswrath

Can people post their thermal detonator control panel (face plate) dimensions please, width and length? Note: Dimensions after removing the return edge at the ends.

Thanks

If I take it from inside the return edges ( instead of making them flush with the curve but instead shortening to remove them) it is exactly 4.50" wide x 3.50" around the outer surface.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can people post their thermal detonator control panel (face plate) dimensions please, width and length? Note: Dimensions after removing the return edge at the ends.

Thanks

If I take it from inside the return edges ( instead of making them flush with the curve but instead shortening to remove them) it is exactly 4.50" wide x 3.50" around the outer surface.

It's about 4.57" of you smooth the return edge flush along the inner diameter without taking off any length

(I used my 1/100th increment machinist scale FYI)

Edited by BDWC
  • Like 1

It's about 4.57" of you smooth the return edge flush along the inner diameter without taking off any length

(I used my 1/100th increment machinist scale FYI)

Thanks

Hum, I don't know... Ditch that ugly EFX helmet? Please? Because that pink chair right next to you is more beautiful than it.

Hahaha! I'm definitely using the anovos one. I may have to agree with you on that chair. lol

I'm curious to know if the original bracket strapping system will work with the Anovos kit.  I've read that the original bracket system can cause worse cracking for certain armors as opposed to others.

Well myself as well as others are are planning on using them so let's hope there's no issues. I for one will using an extra strip of ABS underneath the brackets to help distribute the load.

Has anyone modified the lens strip in the helmet? Seems like if it was smaller, it would give some more room inside. I'm stripping the bucket out to plastidip the inside. Even if I just trimmed about 2 inches off each end and put some pads with Velcro closer to the eyes, it would help.

Has anyone modified the lens strip in the helmet? Seems like if it was smaller, it would give some more room inside. I'm stripping the bucket out to plastidip the inside. Even if I just trimmed about 2 inches off each end and put some pads with Velcro closer to the eyes, it would help.

I'm also disassembling the helmet to clean it up and plastidip it.

I'm striving for a setup like this, eventually, minus the hearing mic setup and with less foam padding, maybe.

https://youtu.be/8EBpFHYuv-0

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Edited by Revyl

Well myself as well as others are are planning on using them so let's hope there's no issues. I for one will using an extra strip of ABS underneath the brackets to help distribute the load.

I had the same thought of using an extra ABS strip. I have been following your build, so I will follow your lead on that as well.

I cut the ends off and spring/loaded them between the two foam squares that cover the ear nuts. Stays tight in place, closer to the eye holes but are easily removed if I want to put different ones in. I may see how some lighter ones work now that the inside is black.

71d86aa5de9978dd6d6eb8df6c8b55d3.jpg

Edited by Tk52421

I just saw that picture on on the web:

12592337_10205727311734439_4721018095750

A shame a FISD member didn't make it first... I'm very disappointed by all of you guys  :D

lol, who cares, more power to him. 

There's a reason I have the best TFA suit in the legion. Not to toot my own horn or anything  ;)

To be fair, I think he had help from an existing 501st member!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Don't mind Germain he just being silly  :D

A helmet question that I can't find an answer for in the CRL and I'm not sure if it's just another asymmetric thing. Here are pics of the sides of the helmet brow.

4179969adc4ab1bd0be1ddd86ebd0b64.jpg

068514f7ee153df9faf4b71b8aae2416.jpg

Notice the black brow strip doesn't end at the same place. Anyone else have this issue and is this acceptable? Thanks!!

A helmet question that I can't find an answer for in the CRL and I'm not sure if it's just another asymmetric thing. Here are pics of the sides of the helmet brow.

Notice the black brow strip doesn't end at the same place. Anyone else have this issue and is this acceptable? Thanks!!

If you're talking about the gap in the helmet sections, that's a characteristic of the ANOVOS helmet, and it's fine

• Like 1

If you're talking about the gap in the helmet sections, that's a characteristic of the ANOVOS helmet, and it's fine

I believe so, just wasn't sure if the black brow trim needed to match up in the same location relative to the gray traps on each side. If so, I would need to remove the trim and either slide it left or replace it with one a bit larger.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You want everything to be loose on your body so it can move freely as you move. Having part snug fitting will make them chafe and restrict movement. The parts should be able to slide up and down your arms and legs with no resistance.

Got it. Thanks!

4179969adc4ab1bd0be1ddd86ebd0b64.jpg

068514f7ee153df9faf4b71b8aae2416.jpg

I just took it off and slid it over a bit.