Stormtrooper Ep VII undersuit, neck seal and boots WIP

Finally the Ep 7 was revealed, some screen caps will help me, I am sure we will have more images from LFL/Disney to make this amazing stormtrooper.

If you have a Havoc armor you know my accuracy in the soft parts, I will do my best in this project too.

I will start making the neckseal, the undersuit and finally the boots (there is no reference yet for the boots)

This I have to start

neckseal_zps00af87d9.png

espalda_zps1cb062f7.png

pies_zpsa9121928.jpg

I think a full ribbed undersuit will be so hot, only the exposed portion must to be ribbed, has not to be made in neoprene or similar plastic materials, has to be made in fabric like polartec.

Right now calculating the ribs widht.

Giovanni

• Like 3

It looks like the upper thigh is not ribbed. Nor is it ribbed under the neck seal. Also, look at the closest trooper to the camera on the right. At the bottom of his knee, it looks like the ribbing ends and has popped up a bit, exposing the undersuit.

Maybe I'm wrong but I think these are just pieces between the armor.

Finally the Ep 7 was revealed, some screen caps will help me, I am sure we will have more images from LFL/Disney to make this amazing stormtrooper.

If you have a Havoc armor you know my accuracy in the soft parts, I will do my best in this project too.

I will start making the neckseal, the undersuit and finally the boots (there is no reference yet for the boots)

This I have to start

neckseal_zps00af87d9.png

espalda_zps1cb062f7.png

pies_zpsa9121928.jpg

I think a full ribbed undersuit will be so hot, only the exposed portion must to be ribbed, has not to be made in neoprene or similar plastic materials, has to be made in fabric like polartec.

Right now calculating the ribs widht.

Giovanni

The back of the shins looks like the top of the Origional TK Forearms.

Andy

A couple of my initial thoughts:

-The E-11 (if that's what it'll be officially called) looks like a toy to me. I'm sorry, it does. But the fact that it's designed to be a "video game friendly" design makes up for it in my book.

-The troopers do look stockier/thicker, but also, some are short and some are tall. I like this. They're not all skinny little british actors. There's alternations in height and weight! This is how an army of random galactic recruits would look like. Two thumbs up for this.

-Going off of my last point, if we're getting varying weight and height in new Stormies, maybe we'll be getting some sweet new alien Stormies too. Like an Ithorian or a Rodian Stormtrooper. I'm down with that.

-Lastly, I am going to 100% second the idea that the ribbing underneath the armor is just sections in between the armor. Meaning there's and undersuit, but separate sections of material to look like a full ribbed undersuit. No different than how we wear our neckseals now, just in every gap. This will cover up strapping too, but it's not a solid part of the full undersuit. Just snapped, glued, or clipped to the inside of the armor.

Overall, good looking suits!!!

• Like 1

Thanks gang, I hope you enjoy my boots trooping all Christmas time!

I have to make a balance between the movie accuracy and the long troopings we will make on this (yes I want my ep7 armor too), by example, the Jango helmet has fabric and elastic in the open hole but in the real life (troopings) is an oven.

I think I will made the neckseal and the undersuit in separated items, checking the screen caps I can see a flat zone just under the 8 thin ribs of neckseal.

I noted a difference in color between the neckseal and the undersuit in the back screen cap, this make me thing that there are 2 differents materials.

I have to make a fresh undersuit BUT without loose the movie appareance.

About boots I have to wait and wait and wait may be up to Anaheim trailer, who knows.

I have some materials rounding my head  :0Lighten:

Next week will buy some samples to test.

BTW if you want the screencaps you can go to this link: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.398745036870211.91201.126769717401079&type=1

I almost forget, if you are part of my FB group, you can reach the Black Friday and Cyber Monday offers by 8 days: https://www.facebook.com/groups/108653819216581/

Edited by crow62

-Lastly, I am going to 100% second the idea that the ribbing underneath the armor is just sections in between the armor. Meaning there's and undersuit, but separate sections of material to look like a full ribbed undersuit. No different than how we wear our neckseals now, just in every gap. This will cover up strapping too, but it's not a solid part of the full undersuit. Just snapped, glued, or clipped to the inside of the armor.

Overall, good looking suits!!!

I made separated sleeves, abd and short undersuit for the havoc armor, put your body inside many spare parts burns many time, dress an armor piece by piece give us some stress specially without many staff to help us, I dont want to double the dressing stress adding many soft pieces to fix the dressing puzzle, I have my shocktrooper and takes me 20 minutes using my 1 piece undersuit, so, may be you are right (or no, we don´t know yet) about separated suit sections but will be wise make a single (or maxim 2) undersuit pieces, once you are dressed the public will not see the difference among 1, 2 or 8 suit pieces.

I made separated sleeves, abd and short undersuit for the havoc armor, put your body inside many spare parts burns many time, dress an armor piece by piece give us some stress specially without many staff to help us, I dont want to double the dressing stress adding many soft pieces to fix the dressing puzzle, I have my shocktrooper and takes me 20 minutes using my 1 piece undersuit, so, may be you are right (or no, we don´t know yet) about separated suit sections but will be wise make a single (or maxim 2) undersuit pieces, once you are dressed the public will not see the difference among 1, 2 or 8 suit pieces.

I agree with you Gio, as long as it looks like it should on the outside, if we can make it better, lets do it.

The OT suits were genius in the simplicity in the way they connected the suit and what they wore under and how it all come together. We have yet to see if the same can be said about the new troopers. I am thinking how we do it right now is a great start, plain black undersuit, elastic and stretchy, form fitting.

Then you attach the ribbed sections onto this undersuit via sewed in velcro. Once it is attached once, you won't need to do it again, and will help keep you cooler and prevent it from falling out.

A suit with these ribber portions built in would be awesome, but I fear expensive due to the work involved. I will leave that to Gio though!

I am going to try 3 different ways

1: full ribbed suit

2: ribbed portions over flat suit

3: flat suit with full painted ribbets

I will take note of costs, difficulties, timings and all involved, you and I will cover the details, we will choose then a guinea pig trooper in hot zone and one in cold to check the suits and hear his/her opinions.

Looking forward to the progress Giovanni, I'd be looking at some soft parts for frequent troops.

Edited by gmrhodes13

These new TK's also look as though they have finger plates as well as the hand plate armour.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I found this material, is black foamed lycra and let breath the skin, here the material

The back:

material_zps3d2b54b8.jpg

With backlight to see the little breath holes:

trasluz_zps8455b914.jpg

Checking the screen caps, I found the ribs are half inch apart, this material has 1/4 ribs on the surface, so I will sew jumping one (warn: I whited the pics so you can see the fabric details, the color is black and you will see at the end):

10833970_10202000713858243_1394437466_n_

Here with black thread:

10841513_10202000713258228_993679088_n_z

Here with gray thread:

10834179_10202000713458233_30393061_n_zp

Letting light show surfaces:

10834174_10202000712978221_938438632_n_z

10841513_10202000712738215_1317878375_n_

Remember I whited the previous pics so you can see the fabric details,

Now a pic with samples together:

10822570_10202000712338205_1864374534_n_

I think the black thread looks better than the gray thread.

This foamed material will be used for the FULL body suit and for the PARTS sewed to a bodysuit,

I ordered a pattern for screenprinting over flat lycra (without foam of course) to simulate the ribs, that is for the third option suit.

Gio

Edited by crow62
  • Like 1