Helping a little girl that was bullied for liking Star Wars

RogueTrooper

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great job everyone, Katie looks so happy, well done to everyone that has helped in any way, troopers helping troopers, you have my unquestioned loyalty

Ā 

Let's make sure to encourage Katie's folks to apply to the Galactic Academy. I'll approve her immediately upon receiving the application. Newrecruits@galacticacademy.com

It was a long, hard road filled with drama and suspense, but we were able to pull this off in only about five weeks from when Carrie first contacted Dean Plantamura and me about it. Just absolutely fantastic work, troopers. Enormous thanks go to the other Build Team members who answered the call to action and were so willing to trim, glue, rivet, velcro, and snap together a dream for this little girl. We couldn't have found a more energized group of stormtroopers to do this, and I'm so glad that when the call was put out, that each one of you brought every ounce of your passion and talent to the project. I count myself lucky to been able to trim a few pieces and finish the boots; I just wish that I could have helped more.

To each and every member of the FISD who gave their time, money, materials and encouragement to make this happen, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Ā 

Todd, I'll send Carrie a reminder about the Galactic Academy and send her the email you provided. I'll also make sure that absolutely any time that Katie wants to troop with us, she is more than welcome to armor up! :)

Thanks for sharing all the pictures and Carrie's blog. I liked reading how her armor was presented and how it will be passed on to more kids! That was quite awesome. :) I'm so glad Katie is as excited to armor-up as the rest of us. Great job everybody!

Seeing my name in the lid made me feel really proud too. Glad to have played even such a small part in this project, well done to all of you for making it happen and doing such an awesome job.

Ā 

Si.

Ā 

Ditto - humbled and proud to have my name on her bin as well. Great job, troopers!

It was a long, hard road filled with drama and suspense, but we were able to pull this off in only about five weeks from when Carrie first contacted Dean Plantamura and me about it. Just absolutely fantastic work, troopers. Enormous thanks go to the other Build Team members who answered the call to action and were so willing to trim, glue, rivet, velcro, and snap together a dream for this little girl. We couldn't have found a more energized group of stormtroopers to do this, and I'm so glad that when the call was put out, that each one of you brought every ounce of your passion and talent to the project. I count myself lucky to been able to trim a few pieces and finish the boots; I just wish that I could have helped more.

To each and every member of the FISD who gave their time, money, materials and encouragement to make this happen, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Ā 

Todd, I'll send Carrie a reminder about the Galactic Academy and send her the email you provided. I'll also make sure that absolutely any time that Katie wants to troop with us, she is more than welcome to armor up! :)

Ā 

You guys rock! It is great you all were able to fit it to her so nicely. I don't think she could have had a bigger smile if she wanted to. I love being part of this organization because the joy you can see in her is really what it's all about. I have shared this I don't even know how many times on facebook, the FLG, and I don't know how many other places.

I am at work right now and I've just spent almost an hour reading this entire thread. I had to close the door to my office as I have been crying like a baby reading all this. I have to say, this is one of the coolest threads I have ever read...I just don't have the words to express how awesome it is. You guys are simply the best.

Ā 

Okay, I've got to go wash up now, clean my face off and get back to work.

Ā 

Great job!!!!

Great work MWG! So awesome what you did; unfortunately I just heard about this through FB as I haven't been on here much the past year. If you still need donations, please let me know. Its so great what you did; thank you again! I'm glad and proud to be part of the 501st. And to see Katie dressed as a TK, awesome!

Edited by JimCem99

Very nice! I also like the fact that the armor will be passed on through Make-A-Wish, that's even better. Glad to be a part of this, and it's awesome to have seen my name in the lid :D

Hey Katie those bullies r lucky im not from there (Chicago) im from GA. I am about 254lbs solid muscle, just because u love star wars u r my friend. Check my website what i do for a living as my job. www.team-impact.com. God Bless Katie, be who u want to be!!!!!

Ā 

....I'm not sure but I think an adult flexing muscle on minors might get you in some trouble?

Ā 

Lol Kidding, the sentiment is clear that you'd be looking out for her. I think seeing 25+ Stormtroopers holding an assembly at Katie's school to talk about anti-bullying would a more fun approach. :D

Ā 

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Edited by columbiamo

I think seeing 25+ Stormtroopers holding an assembly at Katie's school to talk about anti-bullying would a more fun approach. :D

Ā 

Ho boy... don't give me any ideas!!!