Helping a little girl that was bullied for liking Star Wars

RogueTrooper

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the gathering began at the house of Gazmosis at just after 8 AM and ended just after midnight. All participants lended their talents toward a single goal; to have Katie smiling in her armor. Adriane Bean, Steve Mammen, Javier Esqueda and Steve Gaza toiled into the night bringing Katie's armor to near completion. It was a battle that is best described as "polishing a turd". FX kids armor was not thought out very well and parts fit together weak at best. We awnted to deliver something that looked as close to "big person's" armor as we could get it while tweeking some things to acheive better accuracy. We made some EIB and Centurion additions to the armor. We tweeked the rounded biceps to give them a more horseshoe look even giving her left one a little "thumbprint". The right grieve was angled slightly at the top to give it a less rounded appearance. The butt and kidney were seperated and joined properly. Males snaps(2) and the crotch rivet were installed. Despite the need for shims, we still installed the side rivets and male snap on the right side. We strognly desired to alter the thighs to look more accurate but they were molded so poorly and hardly lined up to start that removing too much material would jeapordize the final fit. We even placed the elastic on the ribbed shoulder straps.

My nighbor's daughter had stopped by to do a test fitting but came over earlier than planned so we tried on her what we had finished at the time. It looked GREAT!!!!

There are only a few minor loose ends to tie up and these should be done by mid-week. We, of course, are trying to turn the final presentation into a troop. It was hard enough to gather the build team with the time we had so we are hoping we can gather some troopers for the presentation in a shorter time. We will update this, of course, Here is the link to the build pics so far.http://s807.photobuc...tie armor 2012/

teaser picsTeambuild10-21-2012013.jpgOur build team (Left to right)Javier Esqueda TK265, Steve Mammen (Woulf), Steve Gaza (Gazmosis), and Adriane Bean (Beans)

Teambuild10-21-2012009.jpgbicep before/after001-2.jpg

Teambuild10-21-2012016.jpgnice thighs, huh?

Teambuild10-21-2012011.jpg The "cuteness" of these tiny parts made us swoon on several occasions

Teambuild10-21-2012019.jpgMy neighbor's daughter in the early test fitting.

Edited by gazmosis

It is now an official "troop"!! With confirmation from Katie's Mom, an established time of her arrival has been set and they will be met by members of the 501st 's finest. You can guarantee pictures will be taken!!!

I am sorry that I missed this whole thing till now....

I am sure I could have helped out in making some of the pieces..

sigh..

too many other duties in the SW universe...

too many forums to follow...

Ā 

Looks like I am a go for tomorrow...will even break out my semi-retired TK

Ā 

:laugh1:

Edited by Schph Gochi

wow.....sorry i did not see this sooner...i would ave given my armor set,,,just not ready yet....thats odd troopermaster said no....if you need any parts i will send them asap when my vacutable is up and running...i can probly have a kid sized dlt 19 shipped ,if she does not have a blaster....only way to deal with a bully is to walk softly but carry abig blaster..let me know...faster by cell call me ...203 871 9254

pictures are to come soon. even though i could not see much in my bucket, it looked like she was very surprised with getting the armor.

Ā 

even tho i had to leave before she was suited up it was a great time.