[Done!] 200 EI in 2011 - yes we can!

Daetrin

OK, this seems a really strange post in that we're only 57% of the way to the mythical 300, but I say to you that this is perfectly achievable.

Think about it this way:

-- if just 1 out of 10 Legion TK's went EI this year, we'd exceed the goal.

-- if every EI helped one other Legion TK to go EI this year, we'd exceed the goal

Why are we doing this? In the end it's about pride in our costuming. Stormtroopers are the backbone of the Legion yet in some respects are lagging behind other costumes in getting members upgraded.

I'd like to challenge each and every one of our EI's to help a fellow trooper step up. If you look at the requirements even helping that out of the box FX trooper has never been easier.

So, what are you waiting for troops? Vader's invitation? :vader:

Troop on!

Great idea Paul. I would love to help someone become EI. If I can help anyone in anyway, just ask. I have just sent a friend of mine who is a member here some small bits and pieces that he was finding it difficult to find in his country. I believe his goal is to go for EI. I'll give him a friendly nudge B)

It's my hope that I'll be contributing to that number! I'm probably 40% through my build and everything is being done with EI (and, later, Centurion) in mind. Illness and a long vacation have slowed my progress, but there is plastic welder curing and a dremel cooling off as I type. :trooper:

In March of 2010 we had 100 EI. In the 15 months since we've grown to 172 - that's over 10 a month! This time next year we should be at 300 with no effort, but wouldn't it be cool if we could do it this year?

And then you can own it - a special memento for being the first 300. How cool is that?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow, we've hit a bit of a dry spell - not even cracked 200 yet. What's the holdup folks? What can we do to get this back on track? Free drinks? :pint1:

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going for EI.... will have new pix after bestbuy gives me back my camera. I've had lots of help, and I appreciate it! I'm hoping to submit befiore OCT. It's my 1st build. ROCK ON!

Only thing holding me up is I used pop rivets vs. screws on the ears. Still have three, do I have to pull and replace for EIB or will three painted rivets work???

you will need to replace the rivets for EIB, 3 screws are required in each ear for ANH stunt, one above and one below the ear bar and one at the base of the helmet. .. but it should be a simple fix ;)

I'm on the waiting list for my armor and plan on aiming for ESB EI.

great! going EI out of the box is the way to go

I am thinking of working this after my build is done. I am in kind of a rush to get done for a troop next month, so in a pinch. Although once that troop is done, I can start working on EI. I already have alot of the components done for it. The dual snaps in the butt plate and one in the cod, the proper screws in the ears, etc. Soon, I'll put in for this, by the end of this year.

I wish I had the funds to get a new helmet. At this point all I need to do is change my helmet (FX) and I will be EIB ready ANH STUNT everything else is done. Actually I would love to achieve Centurion and all I would need to do besides change my helmet would be to add the butt/cod snaps and glue the sniper plate/remove the rivets. So I am so close but so far as I cant fore see me being able to afford a new helmet and or convince my family that I would need another other than the FX. :( So unless some increadible deals comes up i dont think I will get one soon :( and was hoping to get one that is both EI and Cent approved so I dont have to buy another. lol.

Here is my FX helmet pictures

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=14556

Edited by Striker

• 3 weeks later...

Closing in on at leasting hitting the double ton. Only 19 EI left to go and we can at least do 200 by end of year. C'mon troops - Mason is bored. Give the man some work to do :)

• 1 month later...