To clean, or not too clean?

I'll go against the grain and say, Clean it up. Our military boys wouldn't be caught dead in unpolished wears, we should hold the same standards. I just wish one day, I will be so lucky to ask this question. Waiting on TK status.

Some of the marks are from my blaster, some from dropping the armour parts on the floor, some from leaning against brick walls, kicking my parts around the floor.... you get the idea :)

All i can hear is Billy and Gary shouting in unison.....

Nnnooooooooooooooooooooo :icon_eek:

Some of the marks are from my blaster, some from dropping the armour parts on the floor, some from leaning against brick walls, kicking my parts around the floor.... you get the idea :)

All i can hear is Billy and Gary shouting in unison.....

Nnnooooooooooooooooooooo :icon_eek:

You are sooooooooooooooooooooo right!

I stopped trying to be squeaky clean after my third troop. It was just an uphill battle. I do clean up a bit, such a the left forearm (blaster rub) and I continue to... ahem... polish my helmet :blush: , but only because it's an investment and the main focus of the public. A scratch and dent trooper looks real in my opinion! :duim:

I must say that most marks dont show up in these photo's and even in the flesh my armour still looks quiet 'clean'. Check out these latest pics from Belgium....

jLC4k5j.jpg

4oWXi7O.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

LOL, I always clean my armor after each troop! But I got some nasty scratch marks which is caused by the thighs and the cod/abdomen piece which does not go of no matter what I do.

This is a bit off-topic, but how do people manage to keep their biceps armor so low? I've tried it before, but it restricts my arm movements to the point that my arm get's "locked" in an ackward position. The only arm oosition which I can do with having my biceps so low, is the normal blaster holding positing with two hands.

This is a bit off-topic, but how do people manage to keep their biceps armor so low? I've tried it before, but it restricts my arm movements to the point that my arm get's "locked" in an ackward position. The only arm oosition which I can do with having my biceps so low, is the normal blaster holding positing with two hands.

I agree, having the upper arms down low just ends up in a lot of pinching for me. I have purposely kept mine up higher, thus revealing more black in the elbow area, but I don't care that it doesn't look as screen accurate, when I'm trooping, I'm trying to find as much comfort as possible. I still get little 'armor kisses' even though my pieces are placed up higher.

Having my biceps low over my elbow's does not have any effect on me lifting my arms, or the armour being restrictive in any way. I think the key is to have the bicep parts made to be loose so they are free to move around easily.

-

---------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

My vote is: NOT TOO CLEAN!!!

If you look at the TK's on Tantive IV they had the grunge wearthered look going on....

znLITL0.jpg

George said he wanted a used lived in look to the SW Universe were everything didn't look fresh out of the box new and perfect.

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...