Jump to content

NAZGÛL

Member
  • Posts

    422
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About NAZGÛL

Contact Methods

  • Website URL
    http://nazgulmodels.webs.com/

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male

Standard Info

  • Name
    Matti
  • 501st Unit
    Nordic Garrison

Recent Profile Visitors

555 profile views
  1. I got a small farm and found a rusty reeeeally old car license plate with a good thickness. Its weird, but once I started looking, I started to see stuff that would work everywhere; stuff I never thought of earlyer.
  2. Good job! Now go out and hunt rebels! And lol at "oscar speach".
  3. Nah, just cover the whole letter area with white acrylic paint slightly thinned with water. Let it dry a few seconds and simply wipe it off gently with a wet cloth.
  4. Thanks! I took a few more pics this afternoon:
  5. Cheers! Yeah the sight turned out ok. Next time Ill try thicker metal. It will be cool when we can look at our blasters side by side.
  6. Looks great! Well done on making an awesome E-11!
  7. After making a more correct mag plate it was finally time for the fun: paint! Here is what I did: 1. Primer, it went on well and got a good grip. (I had been a good boy and cleaned the kit parts earlyer.) The cast quality is overall good, but the end cap have some dents. 2. Silver coat. I went for a silver were the metallic effect wasnt to obvious. 3. Gold on the scope. This is more dark then the pic shows, but its still to golden compaired to the real scopes. I will only make small scratches and add weathering so it will do fine.Now its time to mask the parts that will stay silver (spring etc). I used masking tape and masking fluid. 4. Black coat. I used flat on the gun and glossy on the scope and handle. I made sure the paints are compatible before painting. 5. Weathering. Peel off the masking. Gently use sand paper to make the blaster to look worn and let the metal come through. I used different papers, soft and heavy. I also used a wire brush to get random scratches. Do this in small steps. Try to get the look as if it had been from real life beating. I look at reference all the time when doing this as its easy to get it wrong. Dont mess with the t-track as they should look plastic. After that its a lot of washes. I used gray and rusty brown washes of acrylic model paint. Dont go all over, but do some parts. Like the sanding do it in small steps. Make different amount on different parts, some more rusty, some less. Again go for reference to get what you are after. Heres the scope. I added white for the ingraved text, based on how the original scope looked. I wanted the grip to look like worn plastic. Its glossy black with flat washes and some strokes. Its also gently sanded to get a vintage look. I made the dent in the stock deeper (but not to much as it would become brittle. The effect turned out ok. I also tried to make the stock look more rusty. And here it is worn by a dead serious trooper! "Let me see your identification!" Hope this can be of some help if anyone feels like doing a beat up sterling paint job. Cheers
  8. Thanks mate! Ok, I got all parts on. Im really found of the clean look without the counter and cylinders. I dont care what anyone says, they are all over ANH so they are SA: The rail could have got a longer edge holding the front, if its not holding up I make a new rail. Glued on two somewhat more manly bolt heads sitting on top of the screws holding the scope.
  9. Thanks for the comments! I didnt paint anything yet, and do plan for silver for the inner bolt. I think the spring thickness looks pretty close. Its sturdy and sits tight anyway so Im happy with it. It was hard to get the right amount of loops as the small inner tube of the doopys makes it tight to fit. Instead of 11:ish I got 8:ish loops. The inner plastic tube on doobys full kit makes resin bolts undoable IMO. I made some progress on it. Some metal work. I know its to thin, but really easy to work with with the tools I have. Also found a great old metal piece for the rail. Rusty and nice for the look Im after. Cheers
  10. Hey gang. So I recently decided my TIE Pilot needs an E11 and I went for the Doopydoos full kit. Im totally happy with it, and building it is great fun. No problem with the casting and everything looks sharp. I love the beaten up look of some Sterling conversions. Heres a few pics of my build up so far: Cheers
  11. I just bought the full resin E11 blaster. Shipping was fast and quality is really good. I sent a messagewith a building question through ebay and had a reply within two hours.
  12. Very nice paint and work with this! That said, Im not sure I think it fits in the 501st. In my opinion it doesnt feel SW at all and wouldnt mix with neither the image or the other costumes. This is a wonderful piece though, and you can be proud!
  13. A few pics of the finished costume taken last week:
×
×
  • Create New...