my name is Nate and I am an addict!

Heatshock

right - I am starting to get worried now.

I started on this forums whilst researching a TK

I am now regularly checkin out BSN, TDH and CT.net

lids alone

starting with a basic MRCE and Rubies biker lid, I now have 2 Fett lids, 1 phase I clone, 1 phase II clone (with Bly nocs), a Neyo lid, a KS biker lid

I got a TK kit; made up a FX then sold it on to fund buying MIkes TE2, got a Atin sittin in garage, parts of a custom mando, and thinking of some biker stuff too!

blaster - Hasb E-11, 2 DC15S, 1 DC15L

I would post piccies - but dont want to give the wife evidence against myself!

oh gawd, have I lost it or is this pretty normal with costumers/prop collectors? Or do I need to seek professional help?

Nate

arrh, ziss is ha phah-fect-lee normal, and common zimmtom of menny-menny people

in diss hobby...... :D

B)

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Very Normal for this group Nate.

It gets even worse when you start trooping and you see how much fun you can have in costume. You start coming up with a "need" for all the different costumes (birthday parties, special events, something to wear while you squire, convention modifications, etc...) It never ends.

Of course, asking that question here is a bit like asking a drug dealer if you should continue doing drugs. :D

Pretty normal behavior when exposed to the SW stimulant. Once you get the bug, you're hooked! My boss had never seen ANY of the SW movies. Guess what I did? Yep, made sure before the end of the week he went home with all 6 movies! Now I'm just waiting for the addiction to take hold! Long live the Empire!! :D

rofl thanks guys

Daetrin - I can so identify with that; I have resorted to hiding some of my lids in the attic at the moment; then rushing out to garage to work on em.

you would think for a woman with no interest in star wars, that she would not be able to tell that much difference between soem of these helmets, but she can.

love all my lids, bought a few recently as well which I dont even know whether I'd ever build a full cossie of.

so a TK, custom mando, biker and a clone arent too much?

was in fact gonna mod my plain white clone for use as commander as well - OSCS selling off B grade clone stuff atm and picked up extra chest/back and thighs for a Neyo.

glad to know that I am 'normal'

Nate

I hate hiding things from her - I think she wishes I had a girlfriend (or even boyfriend) on the sly instead. At a certain point it's best just to come out of the closet. If she doesn't like it - well so be it.

I guess I'm lucky I got a wife thats lets me do this stuff! :D

Heatshock: Dude! Welcome to the club! Started with Vader, did a TX but sold it, now have completed an Officer and a TIE and am working on a Scout, an EP3 Clone, and a Darth Nihilus!

"Welcome to my Nightmare!" - Alice Cooper :D

Does this mean the inmates are running the asylum? :lol:

I'm right there with you. I've got my TK, and I've already started lurking/posting on ct.net, BSN, MEPD, JRS, and RL. I even took my figure collections and laid them out so I can try and figure out what suit to do next. LoL.

It's a good thing I can't afford another suit right now, because I change my mind about every other day about what I want to do.

Thankfully, I have a wife who is just as obsessed as me. She has 1 Padme approved over on the RL side of things and is working on an improved version, and is constantly looking for the next thing to do. She not only supports, but encourages the sickness. :)

:) Note to Nate....with that lil bit of stuff you got? Your just fine, no need for "help" or med's at all....(if you pass say the $6000.00 range buying junk like this ......then have a re-think!) Note to Staff XO.....Sir if that "other" costume your Wife don't know about has 3" pump's and a wip..........I'm out of here! :o

(if you pass say the $6000.00 range buying junk like this ......then have a re-think!)

Well, off to the loony bin for me... :D

Vader... Lancer... two TK's... Looking at Boba...

Billhag said:

arrh, ziss is ha phah-fect-lee normal, and common zimmtom of menny-menny people

in diss hobby...... :D

B)

LOL now THAT is funny!! :D

welcome 2 the madness Nate!