New ANTHOLOGY TK Crl

Parquette

8 hours ago, Twelveravens said:

Screen from first episode. Note the cut vents. We do not need a seperate CRL for the R1/Solo/Mando TKs outside of minor option updates to the main CRL unless there are major deviations. There is zero reason to add a ANH bucket to these TKs. 81b4e27001878289e723ace01cf83229.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

It's not a R1/Solo helmet though.  Differently shaped eyes, tears and traps don't appear to be a separate pieces and the mouth looks more like an anh one to me.

I haven’t seen any of the episodes yet, yay March release time :glare:, but do we even know if these are imperial troopers? Wouldn’t be the first time someone who shouldn’t wore the white armour. 

On 11/21/2019 at 6:56 PM, Thrawndike bar said:

It's not a R1/Solo helmet though.  Differently shaped eyes, tears and traps don't appear to be a separate pieces and the mouth looks more like an anh one to me.

I'm looking at the eye in particular, notice the massive bump. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The5thHorseman said:

From what I heard they used Anovos OT helmets with R1 armors.

That's sure what it looks like, and that would certainly make sense. 

It could very well be the angle of the image, but to me at least there seems to be a few differences.  Among other things, the tear looks to have a deeper swoop and the front (bottom) is shorter and has a curve.

y20ImhO.jpg  GRZpNCR.jpg?1

The frown also has a straighter line at the top and the angle seems different.

jCItfua.jpg   4S9oY8R.jpg

Again, it could be the odd positioning that's throwing me off.

I wonder what caused them not to used the R1 helmets as well as the armour.

3 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

That's sure what it looks like, and that would certainly make sense. 

It could very well be the angle of the image, but to me at least there seems to be a few differences.  Among other things, the tear looks to have a deeper swoop and the front (bottom) is shorter and has a curve.

y20ImhO.jpg  GRZpNCR.jpg?1

The frown also has a straighter line at the top and the angle seems different.

jCItfua.jpg   4S9oY8R.jpg

Again, it could be the odd positioning that's throwing me off.

Looks like the angle to me, they aren't quite at the same photo angles.  If I take mine and turn it right it looks pretty close, also I can't really think of any other buckets with such a distinctive eye surround.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know I am VERY late to the party, but may I add that those helmets may in fact be re purposed anovos helmets? It’s not too far fetched, as disney owns them. I own an Anovos TK kit, and the helmet looks identical to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Oh man...I totally never noticed it before! All the personal TK retinue of the “Client” (Werner Herzog) are wearing ANH buckets and R1 armour.  Moff Gideon’s main TKs, on the other hand are wearing R1 buckets (except, of course our fellow 501st members as extras). Very interesting and deliberate choice to differentiate the two!

I agree that the ANH buckets look like Anovos to me, too.... I never much cared for them, but now might have to get one to do up as a remnant trooper if I can find one for a good deal lol.

Maybe if I could offer a suggestion get an a Anovos Sand trooper helmet since it's already weathered change out the stickersAdd additional weathering if needed and you have a remanent storm trooper helmet You can find it on eBay for a good price I bought 1 for $184.00.f1d177afbe7b605e04136f0828aa5416.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Good morning FISD! I want to resurrect this thread for a few reasons. First, in my ROTK build thread found here
https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/49826-the-bigjasonis-rotk-3d-print-build-thread/page/3/?tab=comments#comment-701421 I asked about a CRL for The Mandalorian Remnant Stormtrooper. I asked this question on the 12th, and then found this thread the next day. However, I'm not seeing any kind of answer as to whether or not we can expect a new CRL.

Next, when The Mandalorian Season 2 Trailer dropped a few days ago, there was about a 1.5 to 2 second clip that showed some Stormtroopers running down the hall of what people are assuming is a Star Destroyer. 

32d2DvS.jpg

Though this flashed up on the screen relatively quickly, it's clear that in season 2 the Stormtroopers are in fact wearing ROTK armor. I'm assuming these are some of Moff Gideon's troopers based off their shininess, but I can't tell if they're wearing OT or RO helmets. I believe these are ROTK helmets, but I'm basing that off of what appears to be an absence of S-trim around the opening of the bucket on the middle TK. Suspicions about the Stormtroopers should be confirmed on October 30th, but if we do indeed see ROTK armor with OT helmet again, can we expect an addition to the CRL for a Remnant Stormtrooper?

Or, can we expect something based off of what we saw in season 1? This does seem rather unique; plus, I'd really like to order an OT helmet to go with my ROTK build.

Thanks!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BigJasoni said:

Good morning FISD! I want to resurrect this thread for a few reasons. First, in my ROTK build thread found here
https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/49826-the-bigjasonis-rotk-3d-print-build-thread/page/3/?tab=comments#comment-701421 I asked about a CRL for The Mandalorian Remnant Stormtrooper. I asked this question on the 12th, and then found this thread the next day. However, I'm not seeing any kind of answer as to whether or not we can expect a new CRL.

Next, when The Mandalorian Season 2 Trailer dropped a few days ago, there was about a 1.5 to 2 second clip that showed some Stormtroopers running down the hall of what people are assuming is a Star Destroyer. 

Though this flashed up on the screen relatively quickly, it's clear that in season 2 the Stormtroopers are in fact wearing ROTK armor. I'm assuming these are some of Moff Gideon's troopers based off their shininess, but I can't tell if they're wearing OT or RO helmets. I believe these are ROTK helmets, but I'm basing that off of what appears to be an absence of S-trim around the opening of the bucket on the middle TK. Suspicions about the Stormtroopers should be confirmed on October 30th, but if we do indeed see ROTK armor with OT helmet again, can we expect an addition to the CRL for a Remnant Stormtrooper?

Or, can we expect something based off of what we saw in season 1? This does seem rather unique; plus, I'd really like to order an OT helmet to go with my ROTK build.

Thanks!

I think we will have to wait until the 30th October for clearer images, but in regards to a new CRL or addition to the CRL that is ultimately up to our DL @Sly11 the more references available the easier it is to make decisions ;) 

I have no problems with looking at a Remnant TK CRL but as Glen mentioned we need some pretty good references to decide if it is different enough to warrant it.

There was talk of the helmet looking more ANH than R1 from season 1 but when it comes to CRL's references are king.

Someone has to put in the hard work and prove they are different by sharing screen caps and pointing out their findings for further discussion to start and in turn evolve.

To be honest the images several post above with those sharp lines around the eyes, make that bucket look like an Anovos more then a R1 that has very soft lines in comparison plus the eye bump is far less pronounced on the R1 bucket.

Here are some Reference pictures. It looks like the helmet is rogue one style but the helmet is original trilogy style But there are also some other scenes that have the complete rogue one style armour and helmet60008ea8730985e5729965d58004cb59.jpg&key=47c0b0a56700ddd9e678ec82f2222a223a866d54bc0fd8720178932f5bd9235ddbaa24826e92e54e6ed070968b47db94.jpg&key=d5c375c340c6549be12880d1a68b9d7a0aea6956a7259805d0a054b6c79135797be30df736cf34a3cc0470b7520d7ea7.jpg&key=f3c5f8287b5ff803025bd62bd57d808b90761e33628d68a4cb7a5c951e4c2d2e6dd94d325ab0842f91f6b6615133c3f3.jpg&key=5c668d816d897c5bec1c56ef60d8b9fe8ad06eaa5dfe9ff4e1698ae8b2164a8a

@gmrhodes13, @Sly11 thanks for the info. Those earlier pics are why I was happy to find this thread; they definitely complimented the question I asked in my ROTK build thread. Again, along with the pics in this thread, I've got this Vintage Collection figure staring at me every day:

GIYHwzq.jpg

Didn't even dawn on me until just now that the Trooper in this picture is carrying a RO E-11 blaster. Also, am I blind or is he not wearing a drop box on his left side?

Now, I'm just the new guy here, but I think this pic shows enough nuances to get the conversation started, but of course I defer to the pros. I guess as I get closer to finishing my build, I also want to start thinking about the future. In the meantime, I'll see if I can capture a few more pics and get that conversation started.

Thanks as always guys!

10 minutes ago, careems23b said:

Here are some Reference pictures. It looks like the harmer is rogue one style and the helmet is original trilogy style But there are also some other scenes that have the complete rogan style armour and helmet60008ea8730985e5729965d58004cb59.jpgdbaa24826e92e54e6ed070968b47db94.jpg7be30df736cf34a3cc0470b7520d7ea7.jpg6dd94d325ab0842f91f6b6615133c3f3.jpg

@careems23b these are great. You're right in that both sets of armor are used throughout the season. @Nagedzi even pointed out how the ROTKs accompanied Moff Gideon, while the Remnants were with The Client. When it all comes down to it, I just can't wait for the next season to start.

I think I saw almost every possible combination of armor and helmets in Season 1 of the Mandalorian. A buddy of mine is a Scout Trooper and his head exploded when he saw the two Scout Troopers with upside down knee plates and a cumberbund that was completely screwed up. My feeling on this has been that whomever has been coaching the costume department on the show has limited knowledge of the level of detail we (501) have in our CRLs. I totally understand the mismatch leans towards the fall of the empire but that sounds like more of a copout than a real "reason" for the horrible level of imperial costumes. I will note that from what I have seen, there were a ton of Black Series RO helmets used like the scene with all the helmets on the pikes. I also believe that the TK helmets in the destroyed death star in TRS were also BS. As we all know, the BS helmets does not fit everyone and were made for children. my guess, as I have no proof, is they needed a lot of helmets and Anovos was available. Personally, I loved the series but I cringe when I see the Imperial armor mismatch. Also I should note that Pathfinders have already done a Remnant Bike Scout CRLhttps://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:Scout-Trooper-The-Mandalorian

• 1 month later...

Ugh. So Hasbro just released these pics. Unfortunately I missed the opportunity to pre-order, but again here's specific reference to the Remnant Stormtrooper. 

ZJre2rG.jpg

LlQiiEw.jpg

On 9/21/2020 at 1:47 PM, 11b30b4 said:

Also I should note that Pathfinders have already done a Remnant Bike Scout CRLhttps://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:Scout-Trooper-The-Mandalorian

I know we don't go by toys alone, but I'd really like to follow suit with what the Pathfinders did. I've started a folder on my desktop called "Remnant" which is going to get filled with reference pics.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, BigJasoni said:

Ugh. So Hasbro just released these pics. Unfortunately I missed the opportunity to pre-order, but again here's specific reference to the Remnant Stormtrooper. 

I know we don't go by toys alone, but I'd really like to follow suit with what the Pathfinders did. I've started a folder on my desktop called "Remnant" which is going to get filled with reference pics.

Screen caps, Screen caps, Screen caps :)

8 hours ago, Sly11 said:

Screen caps, Screen caps, Screen caps

Andrew,
You got it. I'm digging them up now. Gives me an excuse to re-watch the Mandalorian. I'm waiting for them to make an appearance in season 2 as well.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Firedog said:

Jason, I believe this will be available at Target soon. Keep your eyes peeled.

Ugh. I know. I've missed the last 7 Target exclusive pre-orders as well as the Walmart exclusive Clone Wars Black Series figures (I've got a problem, I know). I think it's street-dated for the 29th, which means I'll be standing there waiting for the doors to open. My son and I have been collecting for years,

1Sz3c8K.jpg

I need to dust.

F8D7UjM.jpg

Lol. Back to finding screen caps.

Lol. This is only a fraction of the collection. Until I get the man-cave finished, the figures rotate. I may have to come up with another name for the man cave, maybe Sarlacc Pit, or something more Star Wars related.

• Like 1