Anovos sent me a letter delaying their services, again

People, I ordered myself a fine looking TK from Anovos back in August of 2016. They told me it would be delivered early 2017. They then pushed the delivery date to Spring 2017. And then early Fall 2017 before September 21st.

Today my friends, I check my email and they sent me this:

"During production of these kits this season, our quality control team discovered consistency errors in the armor pieces. In this case, they tracked down the issue to the way in which the plastic was being pulled and the inconsistencies have been remedied. However, these quality control issues were enough to extend production for the remaining orders from this segment through the end of September. After production is complete they will ship from our manufacturer to our fulfillment center and we anticipate this to occur during early Fall. Thus, we must update our delivery estimate to Fall 2017."

The dates they gave me for delivery are between September 22nd and December 21st. 

There have been a few posts like this of late, it's a shame it has been pushed back again, Anovos do come through in the end but it is in the end, can be a long wait.

I would either stick it out or try for a refund and purchase elsewhere.

Good luck which ever you decide.

Yeah sorry Corey.  Unfortunately this is Anovos' M.O.  I'm still really surprised that after being in business for this long now that they have still failed to become a reliable company.  Even more shocked that Disney allows this.  If I ever at this point buy Anovos products they will have to be in stock.  I know you have had a lot of time and money invested in this purchase at this point, and I'm sure it is hard to just walk away from, but I think I would at this point.  You will be very happy when you finally received the product but you will probably be a lot more happier just buying another set from one of the other vendors.

Cancel the order. If they dont give you a refund (since their customer service sucks it might take them months to process it) file a chargeback with the credit card company.

I am sure they will postpone shipping again...so you are better off with a different vendor

Been there done that. Like Steve said, this is pretty shocking at this point. They have been through many production cycles already, you would think they would have worked out the kinks by now. You have 2 options, ride out the wait or cancel and go with another maker. Good luck. 

BTW I have 2 Anovos kits, so I feel your pain.

I got the same notice. I ordered February of 2017.  At this point I suppose they will push mine back to summer of 2018 before it is done. I'll never do business with Anovos again. I will also deter others from doing business with them as well. I was going to buy from Walt and leave my Anovos order in place . I'll end up with two suits of armor. 

At this point I believe I'll cancel with Anovos and if I want two sets of Armor then I'll get them else where. I hope they return my money as fast as they took it .

Ok, just canceled my order with Anovos.  For those of you wanting to do the same , just start a chat in the customer service section and they will inform you on what to do. 

They say it will take 12 to 15 business days to complete the refund. Lol.  It didn't take 12secs. for them to take the money out of my account.  But now I think I will place a order with Walt. I've heard good things about his armor.

Anovos takes a while.  There are several other good armor makers you can go with.  In my opinion, Anovos is a good option if you don't need your armor for a while.  It worked for me.  If you want to start a kit within a week or two, they are not an option.  I am glad they have gotten better about dealing with refunds.

Same email.  The best part is that I sent them an email on Friday asking what the status of my order was since it was a summer ship (July 21 - September 21).  They said I was still on track!! Ha Ha!!!  Terrible service.  

So, I'm looking at AP and WTF.  Does anyone have opinion on either of those? 

Thanks,!

From what I hear, they both have a great reputation.  Not sure of any differences , if any , in quality.  But I've heard good things about both. Although,  I've heard they are a little better than Anovos in quality. 

Edited by tydirium1

Darn. It's too bad to hear all of these stories. If you all are looking for armor that is of great quality, in the reasonable price ranges and in North America then I would say AP, MTK and WTF would be your best bets. They are all great choices. 

Not sure this is right place to ask, but Im just looking for a realistic Storm Trooper to put in my rec room. Something Ill never wear but life size and authentic. Just needs to look real. Ive gotten some ideas from these posts. But what is best just for a display?

Same email.  The best part is that I sent them an email on Friday asking what the status of my order was since it was a summer ship (July 21 - September 21).  They said I was still on track!! Ha Ha!!!  Terrible service.  

So, I'm looking at AP and WTF.  Does anyone have opinion on either of those? 

Thanks,!

I have an AP. Love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, Ityss said:

Not sure this is right place to ask, but Im just looking for a realistic Storm Trooper to put in my rec room. Something Ill never wear but life size and authentic. Just needs to look real. Ive gotten some ideas from these posts. But what is best just for a display?

Hi Randy and welcome to the FISD.  You should go into the new member area and start a thread to introduce yourself.  Anyway, check out this link:  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/

All of the recommended sellers are "realistic."  Now keep in mind that there are a bunch of us who bought stormtrooper armor and thought they would build it and display it.  I was one of those people who wanted to build a screen accurate stormtrooper and display it in my finished basement.  But while I was doing the building I decided it was way too cool to just sit on a mannequin.  So I joined the 501st www.501st.com and my local garrison and it was one of the best decisions I have ever made in my life.  I hope you consider it in the end.  Have fun.

• Like 1

This is standard ops for Anovos, just look at the forums and RPF and they are always "always" behind on delivery with every excuse know to man. If you can wait, then wait it out otherwise I would ask for a refund as I have seen that can talk anywhere from a few weeks to months as well.
OK products, very poor customer service...

For candidates who want to join 501st Legion as TK, I will not recommend buy Anovos (assembled or kit), reaseon are :

this will be your first costume to join,

it will make you frustrating if they cannot delivery on time,

it will cost you more time cause the waiting is very uncertain,

it will delay your first trooping as 501st Legion member as TK

Different story for us who already join 501st and want to build TK as another costume, we can still trooping as 501st Legion Member.

Our motivation and goal not same like you as candidate. 

This link  will help your research before or after you requested refund from Anovos.

Other makers to considered before you make a purchased.

Totally agree with you guys.  I ordered my armour late last year and keep getting the same delayed email.  I'm not 100% sure what to do, but I am leaning towards cancelling my Anovos order and purchasing from a different dealership.

I hate to think that I have waisted a year waiting for this armour to arrive...BUT I have read some post about the Anovos armour that had me concerned.  Apparently it is thinner than other armour (some have even said "paper thin") in certain areas and prone to cracks and splits.  I think I might cancel the order and purchase a much sturdier kit from another dealer.

Apparently I've seen 2 new armour makers WTF and RWA.  I've heard they are both really good.

Back to square 1...RESEARCH.  

No issues with quality on my Anovos, but agree the shipping "estimates" are ridiculous.

For perspective new members, the in-stock Anovos items should be fine, or if you see a for sale of the kit from another member at a decent price don't hesitate.

The great thing, especially w/ the classic ANH stormtrooper is that you've got options with different makers. 

I just wrote my break-up email to Anovos (and yes Anovos, it was you - not me).  I must say I feel pretty good about it.  I've already ordered TK armor from AP.  They seemed pretty good to deal with and they are here in Canada.  I would keep Anovos in mind for other kits or helmets (the Death Trooper bucket looks pretty sweet), but I think I will stick to the "in stock" items.  I'm excited again.

• Like 1