Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


1 Follower

About Dracotrooper

  • Rank

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
    Westcoast, Canada
  • Interests
    SW costume interest: ANH Stunt TK, ESB Boba Fett

Standard Info

  • Name
  • 501st Unit
    Outer Rim Garrison

Recent Profile Visitors

985 profile views
  1. This replica is one of the best out there by Field Marshal. I am confident you will have no issues getting it to higher approval levels. Ships and sold by War Machine, now availabe through Amazon! Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
  2. Wow, with all the parts you've sourced, this will most definitely be a quality build - power cylinders look good! Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
  3. [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106] couldn't have done such a job without the FISD that's for sure - really wouldn't know how to start. Thank you Ukswrath. Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
  4. Oh my goodness Mark, you said it, haha, the saga has ended. Thanks the congrats! Feels good to have it completed, finally. Yeah, its different now with so many options - glad you've found an option that works for you. Did you say there is a way to make your own resin parts? That is crazy! You have to elaborate. Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
  5. Thanks Dan, absolutely superb collaborating with you over the lifetime of this build. Always encouraging to see your troop posts to see how far a TK can go for the Empire, you are an inspiration to many of us. Best wishes as well!! Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
  6. Good question belloq, I am curious to find out myself. My doopydoos E-11 weighs in at 1.12 kg so approximately, 2.24 lbs.
  7. Thanks for the well wishes and that pat on the back Brian, means allot. Lol, you said it, I most absolutely will keep the dream alive, next stage: armour build[emoji1][emoji106] This time around, will only consider helmet electronics until after basic approval Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
  8. Pen your build plan belloq, pursue your personal best and have fun! I am sure, when you've reached the finish line, you'll have a blaster you can be proud of =) Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
  9. It was an absolute pleasure collaborating with you and others over the two plus years; crazy when I think of it. Also an honor to be counted as a contributor to the FISD E-11 Reference. Very valuable as is your E-11 Completion Set offering. Oh........that TK armor, truth be told, it remains a distant dream but one day, one day and when that day comes, I will most definitely begin my WIP thread.
  10. Hi folks, I have some final pictures to show as promised. The pictures are taken outside with natural day light. Maybe the variations in paint can be more readily seen this way. You will notice I need to touch-up the grip; I had only hit the grip with a heat gun to cure the gloss black paint. As such, I think that is what caused the paint to wear off over light wear as it did. More coats will help as well. And so hitting the nearly 2-1/2 year mark on this build; I can say I am thoroughly happy with it now. Here are some lessons learned. I had bit more than I can chew - trying to resemble it as close to the SMG as possible with custom builds of components AND getting BlastFX installed. Also to mention, with Tino's E-11 Completion set and a few of Chris's parts from Shapeways, I positioned myself ahead with quality parts as well. Especially so as I have not built anything like this before, I ultimately failed on the electronics install. For those looking to build, I recommend to set build goals based on your skill level and also set a deadline, or else you may very well stall on your build and make major mistakes, like I did. That being said though, I had allot of fun and learned so much. I am also grateful for the FISD community who provided resources, tips, to me, you know who you are. Thanks for following and have a great day!!
  11. I commend you for all your hard work and attention to detail! It is obvious to see your passion for things Star Wars!
  12. Wow wow wow, way to represent the empire, incredible event Dan, happy for you! Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
  13. Hi all, I discovered thanks to Tino's second E-11 build thread that the rear of the scope foot is to sit flush against the scope rail on the right side. I accomodated by elongating my drilled holes. Here is a picture of the rear scope foot in its final position. I also raised the sitting of my Hengstler Counter by about 4 mm. It was sitting a bit low to my liking before, with its bottom only 1 to 1-1/2 mm from the folding stock fork below. Final prop master install - Power Cylinders. Chose to install it parallel to the reiever scope. Kept it close to the edge of the magazine well edge. I was intentional to keep the rear cylinders a few mm away from the magazine release button; to ensure it looked nicely laid out and not crouded. Final position of Power Cylinders without the support guides looks good I think! Here's a side shot of the blaster. Will follow through with some light weathering now =) Final pictures to follow
  • Create New...