Which single scene in Star Wars defines it for you?

humperdingle

So you think "Star Wars". You have to think instantly, to,the one scene in your mind, that just personifies what Star Wars is to you.

Mine would have to be that moment when the stormtroopers piled-in through the blasted-open door of the Tantive IV. I was hooked from that moment.

Closely followed by the Hoth Battle.

What's the one scene that springs to your mind?

Edited by humperdingle
  • Like 3

Mine would have to be that moment when the stormtroopers piled-in through the blasted-open door of the Tantive IV. I was hooked from that moment.

Totally this!Ā  Having the star destroyer pass by overhead was my first thought, but then when they came through...wow!Ā  I've wanted to be a TK ever since. :)

Start

Star-Wars-Rebels.bmp

Ā 

To Finish

hqdefault.jpg

Ā 

I wanted to be a stormtrooper since that very first time I saw it back in '77. My favorite action figure, and now I get to be one.

Ā 

It never grows old, ever.

• Like 5

As a millenial, who was introduced to star wars through the prequels at first, my favorite scene and what i consider to be the epitome of wars far far away has to be the clone invasion on geonosis, episode II

Same! I love that scene especially seeing the clone troopers flying in to action for the first time with Yoda was such an epic scene!

Ā 

Ā 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From the opening scene when the Imperial Star Destroyer first entered (and entered, and entered..) the screen, I was hooked. Ā The defining moment for me was the Tantive IV, though. Ā Blasters going, smoke everywhere, Rebels being picked off left and right like fish in a barrel by shiny white spacemen, and then the grand entrance by you know who. Ā I thought "It just doesn't get any better than this..." Ā but it did. Ā Well, until the appearance of Jar Jar Binks, that is.. :huh:

Attack of the Death Star by the Rebel squadrons in A New Hope. Best space battle ever made! It gets me every time.

Ā 

But there are so many others scenes of anthology in the OT that it's really hard to pick only one.

I would have to say for me, it was the final fight...Luke vs. Vader...Father vs. Son...Light vs. Dark...it embodied the entire OT and gave legitimacy to my years of obsession, collecting the figures and play sets (which my Mother "handed down" to my young brother who destroyed it all...BLASPHEMY!!!) as a young fella.Ā 

Ā 

I remember being upset after it thinking "it's over" no more movies...little did I know!

..... to my years of obsession, collecting the figures and play sets (which my Mother "handed down" to my young brother who destroyed it all...BLASPHEMY!!!)Ā 

I feel your pain, brother... I didn't have a little brother to destroy my stuff, but I spent 4 years ('77-'80) collecting every single item that was SW related, and I mean everything! Ā I entered the Navy at 18, and left behind 4 packing crates full of new-in-box items. Ā My mom later wrote me while I was stationed overseas to inform me that she had "Sold all my SW stuff to my childhood friend for $150.00". Ā Ouch. (At least she gave me the money, though, LOL)...

Yup, my mum gave away all my Star Wars stuff after I moved out at 18... I was planning on picking it all up, until she cheerfully informed Ā me that the two snotty-nosed kids from down the road were 'over the moon' with their new toys.

Ā 
I bet they were...
Ā 
X-wing
TIE fighter
Countless characters
Scout bike
AT-ST
and on, and on...

I always think of the Death Star Trench Run as the "defining star wars" bit to me.

Ā 

My favoruite scene though is the Imperial conference between Tarkin, Motti, Tagge, et al. Ā It shows us the workings of the Empire (Emperor held back by the Senate, which he just dissolved.) Ā The fears of the officers (Tagge suggesting the rebel alliance is dangerous), and the over confidence of their new battle station ("Dangerous to your starfleet, not this battle station"). Ā It also shows us that there is, infact, some wizardry with "the force", and that Vader can kill a guy just by looking at him.

Start

Star-Wars-Rebels.bmp

Ā 

To Finish

hqdefault.jpg

Ā 

I wanted to be a stormtrooper since that very first time I saw it back in '77. My favorite action figure, and now I get to be one.

Ā 

It never grows old, ever.

Totally agree hook line and sinker.

And the stormtrooper was also my first figure which my brother brought for me :)