ANOVOS belt replacing...

I'm curious on how/what people are doing in regards to this. As a lot of people say this part of the kit requires replacing. What from the belt is salvageable then? I read that the square buttons are the rivets holding the ammo boxes to the belt... Are drop boxes done the same? I would assume, the square buttons require replacing, is the holster salvageable? <br><br>

Inquiring mind would like to know...

Drop boxes are loops, should be completely salvageable. Same for the holster, should absolutely be reused in belt replacement scenarios.<br><br>

Depending on what type of glue was used to attach the rivet covers, the plastic may be reusable if one can successfully remove the covers from the plastic. That's still the unknown for now. The plastic may need to be replaced in some cases depending on the skill/luck of the person who removes it.

• Like 1

For the belt seeing as how the plastic button covers ARE the rivets I am considering patching up the holes and doing some slight reinforcement for the belt although it only really sags at the point where the drop boxes are hung on which, when it is attached to the ab plate, shouldn't be to bad.

This was copied from the ANOVOS kit discussion thread...

Ā 

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35142-anovos-tk-discussion-forum/page-4?hl=anovos

Edited by TK 2759

I looked at the rivet covers closely and they don;t seem to be glued down outside of the round portion. Perhaps the cover is glues to the rivet?? I have never had much luck prying off rivet covers without damage happening somewhere

• Like 1

I'm sorry this may be redundant, but I am having trouble finding this information. what exactly is wrong with the belt? And what are the recommendations for replacements? And is the belt only disqualified from centenarian or even from the lowest tier.

Edited by Professor Why

I'm sorry this may be redundant, but I am having trouble finding this information. what exactly is wrong with the belt? And what are the recommendations for replacements? And is the belt only disqualified from centenarian or even from the lowest tier.

The belt has four rivets holding the holster in place, which are requirements for a Hero. Stunt version of the belt, only had two rivets holding the holster to it.

Well, for 501st acceptance, it's perfectly fine. But I'm hearing a lot of people are buying replacements.

501st acceptance as hero tho... Right?

Ā 

Ā 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

501st acceptance as hero tho... Right?

Ā 

Ā 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just remove the top two rivets from the holster straps. Instant stunt.

• Like 1

Do you remember how, when the EFX stormtrooper armor was revealed, we were all bitching over the two rivets on the belt when the helmet was a Hero? Don't you find ironic and amusing that we are now bitching just the same for this ANOVOS armor but the other way around: four rivets belt, with a Stunt helmet.

Ā 

Next time someone will ask me about the most controversial element in the whole stormtrooper armor, I'll answer "The belt rivets, no doubt about that!".

• Like 5

I looked at the rivet covers closely and they don;t seem to be glued down outside of the round portion. Perhaps the cover is glues to the rivet?? I have never had much luck prying off rivet covers without damage happening somewhere

I was able to successfully take my belt apart, with little/no damage. I found the covers did seem to be glued to the rivet head, and the glue had run a little to the edges of the cover. They were pretty easy to remove.

Ā 

Ā 

In my post above I included a link to my build on my Garrison site, it contains pictures (Sorry, I use Flickr and cannot figure out how to embed pictures on FISD forums)

• Like 1

I took my belt apart as well. It seems that the glue placement on the rivet covers is random, so everyone will have a different experience. Just go slow and be careful.

Ā 

I posted pictures and comments in my build thread:

Ā 

--------------

Ā 

KDPutP7.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

From all accounts so far, the consensus is that it is CA Glue of some type, and most everyone has had some pretty simple success in removing them.

Not all. I've seen a number of reports of issues. My button covers were filled FULL with some sort of hellspawn epoxy. I had to finally cut them off the belt (from the back) with a dremel, and then I just patched the back of the belt, since the button covers will cover the damage anyway.

Ā 

That was actually easy, once I gave up on "gently prying up the button covers".

Ā 

The hard part was then getting the rivets out the solid epoxy they were embedded in, inside the button covers. I finally had to use a dremel with a cutting wheel on THAT, too. Went well except for one. And now I have to find a way to make a replacement button cover...

Not all. I've seen a number of reports of issues. My button covers were filled FULL with some sort of hellspawn epoxy. I had to finally cut them off the belt (from the back) with a dremel, and then I just patched the back of the belt, since the button covers will cover the damage anyway.

Ā 

That was actually easy, once I gave up on "gently prying up the button covers".

Ā 

The hard part was then getting the rivets out the solid epoxy they were embedded in, inside the button covers. I finally had to use a dremel with a cutting wheel on THAT, too. Went well except for one. And now I have to find a way to make a replacement button cover...

Bolding mine- I had exactly the same thing. Eventually I just ground down the back of the rivets, removed the belt and am reattaching the plastic via some very small Chicago Screws to the newly re-enforced belt (I unstitched one end and some velcro and slid a full-width strip of ABS shower surround in, then restitched the belt).

:smiley-sw013:

Edited by BadBatch

Bolding mine- I had exactly the same thing. Eventually I just ground down the back of the rivets, removed the belt and am reattaching the plastic via some very small Chicago Screws to the newly re-enforced belt (I unstitched one end and some velcro and slid a full-width strip of ABS shower surround in, then restitched the belt).

:smiley-sw013:

Hey, can I see a picture of those Chicago screws? I'm hopefully heading to a leather shop after work today, to pick some up. I was sort of hoping to re-use the unneeded Chicago screws from the holster, but they're way too deep to work for this.