Jump to content

whostaylor

501st Stormtrooper[TK]
  • Posts

    54
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About whostaylor

Member Title

  • Position
    Centurion

Contact Methods

  • Website URL
    http://WhosTaylor.com

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Orange County, Ca
  • Interests
    Music, Coffee, Technology, Star Wars.

FISD Info

  • Centurion Granted Date
    4/23/16
  • EIB Awards
    1
  • EIB Cohorts
    ANH-S

Standard Info

  • Name
    Taylor
  • 501st ID
    21808
  • 501st Unit
    Southern California Garrison

Recent Profile Visitors

384 profile views
  1. There are tons in here floating. UKSWRATH is the man!! But! Where are you located?
  2. During a troop today, my icomm decided to start clicking constantly. Went back to the changing area, fiddled with it for a bit to no avail... Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know what it is?
  3. Here's the site: http://www.dickblick.com/items/01425-8140/ Really? I have 4 cans of sand & I've got about 1/2?1 can left. I'm done painting. [emoji87] it really does though...
  4. Tony, in so-cal, the paint is obo $8-11/400ml can. Also, Rustoleum 7771 sand is a damn close match.
  5. I just updated the helmet electronics. Thanks, Matt for the extended setup!! Here's a link to his fan kits. http://m.ebay.com/itm/162059846591?_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIC.MBE&ao=1&asc=20141013130338&meid=b911a756e60c485ba4fb243ba9e4e529&pid=100172&rk=1&rkt=6&sd=162017725272&_trksid=p2349624.c100172.m2966&_mwBanner=1 I also updated the main post with links to all of the stuff I've put into my helmet.
  6. I honestly hadn't thought of that until I replied. [emoji58] whoops.
  7. It could have, but then it was sticking way out on the sides...
  8. Thanks!! Yeah, it was a little nerve-wracking cutting all that off... The hook method is more accurate, but I wanted something where I didn't have to look to make sure it lined up, and pretty much did the work for me. Plus... Magnets are magic. So... [emoji41]
  9. Size comparison! (Her armor is on the left, mine is on the right) Shins: Not much changed on hers, mainly width. Right thigh: Ended up cutting a lot off the top, and quite a bit off of the width. Did the best I could at maintaining the shape. Left thigh: Ended up cutting a lot off the top, and quite a bit off of the width. Did the best I could at maintaining the shape. (I'm slightly less happy with the lack of original shape her's has, but I couldn't sacrifice anymore off of the outside piece.) Forearms: As I posted previously, I cut 2 of the divots off of hers, as well as quite a bit of width. Biceps: I kept the length on these, but cut a ton of the original width off. Shoulder bells: I think I cut .75cm off the side & 1cm off the bottom. (In an earlier post, I put the proper amounts) Her: Me: If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask!
  10. Internal strapping: I used snaps & the heavier duty elastic that came with the anovos kit. I used Velcro to hold the backplate down a bit. (Until I decide whether I'm gonna cut down the kidney plate or not) Fitting the armor in the small husky: First, I put the shins & forearms in the thighs Then I lay those inside the torso armor. (Push the biceps into the thighs as well) Beyond that... Fill in the gaps with the rest of the suit. (Soft goods, blaster, belt, boots, etc.) Unfortunately, the helmet doesn't fit inside, but that's what a helmet bag is for!
  11. Shin closure: (magnets... And a wee bit of velcro)
  12. Looks good, man! The way I fixed my butt flap (lol) was by moving the strapping to the very edge of the inlet on the kidney(very close to the bottom) and then lining it up on the butt plate. It sits completely flush now. Also... I used the thick/strong elastic straps from anovos.
  13. Thanks, man! Just followed what you did pretty much!
×
×
  • Create New...