Anovos crooked frown

What's everyone's impression of the Anovos armor? Specifically, how do you feel about the funky looking frown on that bucket on the bottom?

post-24990-145391288049_thumb.jpg

Is it just me or are the teeth really sharp and crooked on one side?

Edited by Dlotz

Wow... Not sure what happened there, but I agree that it looks way out of whack.  The teeth on the right side (left side of the bucket) look bizarre set back like that, and what is the deal with that curve behind them?  Also, they don't look centered... that curve at the top right of the frown looks wonky, but it may be the photo.  I don't think I would be too pleased with this, to be honest.  Nice paint job, but that gray color looks a bit off, like it has a blue tint to it.  Just my opinion, though...

Edit:  Is it just me, or do the hovi-mic tips look like they are facing down?

Edited by justjoseph63
  • Like 2

I know they were in a hurry but going to all the trouble of aluminum bucks you would have thought some of these little details would have been so easy and not overlooked. To have things like the teeth so out of wack seems dumb. For the price I am so happy with it but I do think they could have done a little better on the details.

• Like 1

Maybe some strategically placed heat on those teeth and pulling down the bottom to stretch them out will fix it some? Still pushed back too far. A complete removal and sculpt of that side may be in order. Seems like an awfully big mistake to ship out to everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

It's just the way that the ANOVOS helmets are made.  

I wouldn't consider trying anything to "fix" that...  Each helmet and armor have their own tells.  This is just one of them for ANOVOS.  Seeing as how they are all built that way, sending it back would simply result in another one that looks like it being sent out as a replacement.

It is different.  It is not tragic.

It probably should have been identified and corrected during the QC in the factory, but it wasn't and this is what they look like now as a result.

• Like 6

I am in the it's not a big deal camp. Unless you are four feet two nobody will see you from a top down angle anyway. Should it have been corrected absolutely and perhaps it's something they can adjust in the future. It would be easier to buy another bucket than to fix that if you were so inclined. 

• Like 1

That's not a bad pull, the mold is designed like that, every single helmet will have the same exact issues, also noticed there's not a 5th tooth it's just a void no material, basically there's not a unpunched tooth like the original.

Edited by ABS80
  • Like 1

I agree that it looks wonky, but it's really only an issue if it bothers you personally. If nothing else, as someone said above, it'll be a clear tell for ANOVOS. I am worried this will cause a stir with some people though.

• Like 2

It is a little wonky and, in comparison with my RS, it is certainly distorted but it is not without precedence. If you look at my RS from a certain angle you see a similar kink:

RUrI13v.jpg

Edited by Sly11
Edited to restore the image by Sly11, 2020
  • Like 2

That's how mine is. It's fine, compare it to the stunt frown diagram by RogueTrooper and you can see what they were going for (second pic up from the bottom left) But just open the holes if you really think there's too much plastic.

Edited by charlesnarles
  • Like 1

I find the teeth on the Anovos helmet to be a bit long looking and too sharp perhaps.  Sort of makes it look like Totoro smiling. 

totoro-smile-card.jpg

Haven't inspected the helmet yet is person so maybe photos could be misleading....I hope.  :D

• Like 6

So Anovos have applied the 20% rule to recasting!!, may have casted parts from various makers, change them enough to make it their own so it's not called a recast. Sorry just a theory, I can't back that statement up with anything.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Don't know which helmet they cast from, but based on the Aluminum bucks they scanned a helmet in 3D and "cleaned up" the data. Either by smoothing and refining the model in the software or modelling it from scratch. It's the modeller / artist / CAD operator that is making these refinements based on direction and feedback from Anovos. Then they CNCd out the Aluminum bucks. I'm not saying I know this as fact of what they did, its more just from me looking at their photos and videos and my experience with 3D and manufacturing.

• Like 1