Anovos TK armor preorder

Yup, go with what you know will work.  Skimping on the $200 to get this, at some point down the road, and then not being able to fit in it without serious modifications?  No bueno.

With Paul calling it a RS recast .... if he is right with his guess, you would have the same chances as with their armor.  Sure, if you´re oversized in any direction, it might be better to choose a not screen accurate sized suit from one of the manufacturers that go in the oversized direction to help it fit.

Not sure why would they recast a RS suit when they have official access to the archive suits.  We know some RS parts are duplicates and TM had to provide some sculpts for missing pieces.    I imagine this would be obvious to a lot of people.  

I really have no interest in this armour. There are many sellers of armour out there and everyone is free to make and sell whatever they like. I am just pointing out what I see and I see all the hand sculpted parts Rob from RS made in the Anovos kit as well as the modified parts. It will all come out eventually when side by side comparisons are made (and don't think the RS is a direct copy of the original suit it was made from and I am positive the Anovos will share the same discrepancies).

Please don't read this a sour grapes. I don't want you thinking I am being negative. I have 15 years in this hobby studying armour and I am not a casual observer. Armour is my specialty and it's annoying when I read all the hype about how it's cast from an original from the archives when I can clearly see it's an RS recast. Time will tell.

Hi Paul!

Thanks for your response! My intention wasn't to kick the hornets net and call you a liar. If it was perceived like that, I apologize.

We will know for sure if your allegations are true after SDCC. People will have had a chance to see the armor and tons of photos will come out so I guess the educated people on here will be able to make that call then.

Someone said that at this point why skimp on 200$ when you can have an armor from a vetted maker that you know is 501st approved.

However, with the price of all the soft parts that are included in the Anovos kit, in the end, the difference is more like upwards of 500$. This may not look like much to some people but it's about a quarter of the budget for this build. I used to think my previous costumes were expensive, I made a few that cost me about 300$ each but we are talking 3 to 4 times that here at the very least, so for me it's kind of a big deal!

I have a window of opportunity to build this suit right now and the price is really good so I REALLY hope you're wrong about the recast thing!!! If indeed the armor end being a recast, I may have to reconsider. AP is in my area and I know he is highly regarded by members here. That would however delay my project by a few months or maybe even a few years as I may have other priorities then, aka production of tiny humans...

Again Paul, if I have offended you in any way, I'm sorry.

I do have an order in but I also have had a quote on a local armour. The Anovos is a lot cheaper even after shipping and customs to the UK, then I'd also need the soft parts this kit includes.

However they are showing at sdcc so if I don't like it I'll pull the order and save for the local kit. I'm clearly not the only one thinking this way. Whilst I don't think a mass FISD order pull would kill the company it certainly wouldn't be good and so they must be pretty confident if they are going to show it.

I haven't been active on WA for a long time. It's good to be back. I've been too busy being Rebel Legion Jedi and running ImperialRoyalArms.com

I just pulled the plug.

Any fence sitters can use my 10% coupon code. Sorry already used.

I've got a resin E-11 for sale here.

http://imperialroyalarms.com/thread/5262/skywalker-gofundme-sales-thread

I'm not sure if it's a doopy or not. It needs a little work. One fin as a missing piece along with the ejector port curve/fairing being broken. Two easy fixes get a nice trooping blaster for cheap.

I plan to build up a deactivated sterling.

Edited by Luke S

i cant wait till they show this kit at SDCC this weekend so everyone can see that this is NOT a recast of RS (as i said on page 3).

just look at my build thread or any RS pictures and compare for yourself. this is part of the research that you should all be doing now while you are waiting.

i have nothing against Anovos, i have given them lots of my money and i have ordered one of these TK kits myself.

i cant wait till they show this kit at SDCC this weekend so everyone can see that this is NOT a recast of RS (as i said on page 3).

just look at my build thread or any RS pictures and compare for yourself. this is part of the research that you should all be doing now while you are waiting.

i have nothing against Anovos, i have given them lots of my money and i have ordered one of these TK kits myself.

You know what? I think you're right!!!

I'm looking at pics from your build thread and the Anovos pulls side by side and I don't think they are the same at all!

Is it just me or the return edge is quite slim on most of the parts of their pulls?

I'm finally ready to pull the trigger! Signal is weak where I'm at and I feared I missed the deadline. Passing through a small town and finally have signal.

Would anyone mind sharing their coupon for ordering?

Many thanks!

Again Paul, if I have offended you in any way, I'm sorry.

No offence taken :)

Lets wait until after SDCC when all the photos of the armour have been taken before I tell the tells.

As for a company lying about their product to drum up business - anyone remember Andrew Ainsworth? Just saying.

• Like 2

Hi everybody.

I've been following this post for a while and I'm also a proud owner to be of one of the anovos kits.

I hope it would be great.

Probably not the best way to go so but my 10% discount coupon is:

HLN6-LYJ0-6Y3P

Enjoy!

(I'm low batt right now)

You know, one thing I don't see in either pic is the back of the helmet...I wonder if it will be one or to pieces

I asked Anovos about the Helmet that comes with their full armor kit. I asked them is the Helmet that I ordered alone from them the same as the Helmet that comes with the Full Armor Kit.

They said Yes.

Andy

Here is their reply.

"HI Andy,

The Completed Helmet that you purchased separately is the same Completed Helmet that also comes with the kit. 

We hope this response has sufficiently answered your questions. If not, please do not send another email. Instead, reply to this email or login to your account for a complete archive of all your support requests and responses.

Regards,

Joe B.

ANOVOS Customer Support"

Hi everybody.

I've been following this post for a while and I'm also a proud owner to be of one of the anovos kits.

I hope it would be great.

Probably not the best way to go so but my 10% discount coupon is:

HLN6-LYJ0-6Y3P

Enjoy!

(I'm low batt right now)

Thank you so much for the code!!! I will pay it forward when I get my code

Someone said that at this point why skimp on 200$ when you can have an armor from a vetted maker that you know is 501st approved.

However, with the price of all the soft parts that are included in the Anovos kit, in the end, the difference is more like upwards of 500$. This may not look like much to some people but it's about a quarter of the budget for this build. I used to think my previous costumes were expensive, I made a few that cost me about 300$ each but we are talking 3 to 4 times that here at the very least, so for me it's kind of a big deal!

Yeah, I see what you're saying here, however that still doesn't address the fact that several (or a lot, who knows?) people are going to be on the edge or outside of their "mesomorphic" or height standards. If I can't make the armor fit without several hundred dollars worth of mods, it really doesn't matter that I saved money on the undersuit, neck seal, holster and gloves. The other thing that concerns me is the "arming suit" that allows for easy attachment of armor. Like I said, this lets you get by (probably) with basic approval, but if you're going for EIB or Centurion, who knows? I don't see $500 worth of savings in the soft parts section offsetting the gamble for me. But, like I said, that's just for me.

There's no difference between basic, EIB, and Centurion status undersuit, so I'm not completely sure about what you mean in that respect. The soft armor pieces could be good and they could be completely worthless. However, they will most likely do for basic approval overall. The neck seal and holster are different stories, because they're much more complex pieces, but the undersuit is really quite straightforward. The only requirements that I know of for the undersuit are that it must be black and have no visible logos or stitches.

If I can't make the armor fit without several hundred dollars worth of mods

To be honest ... i don´t understand any of your thoughts.

If you need to mod this suit that extensive, you need to mod any other suit that´s screen accurate sized in a equal way. Only with a not screen accurate sized suit you have better chances for less modding.

And even if you need to mod the size, it´s done with some plastic bits for a few cents. Just a little bit more work. No idea where you believe to spend additional hundreds of dollars.

As I stated before, this is a full recast of an RS kit. All this hype about Anovos going to the archives and scanning original armour was BS. They have simply recast an RS kit and all the parts that Rob from RS sculpted are there to see. Same with their Snowtrooper kit - just an MC with no connection to any original parts which was supposed to be scanned too. I haven't studied their TIE gear but I would bet they did the same thing there.

Enjoy your original kits everyone :)

Anovos has said that with the Snowtrooper, TIE, ATAT - that they are using MC as an example - that those pictures were NOT their own.  I'm not sure whose products they used for their Vader pictures.  I have to assume that with all those pieces that they had not even gotten to the point where they could produce their own prototype.

the TK is the first armor that they have stated from the beginning was their own sculpt prototype used on the pictures.

To be honest ... i don´t understand any of your thoughts.

If you need to mod this suit that extensive, you need to mod any other suit that´s screen accurate sized in a equal way. Only with a not screen accurate sized suit you have better chances for less modding.

And even if you need to mod the size, it´s done with some plastic bits for a few cents. Just a little bit more work. No idea where you believe to spend additional hundreds of dollars.

Basically, what I'm getting at is Anovos says the suit is for people up to 6 ft (I'm taller than that) and a "mesomorph" body style (I'm more of an endomorph if you look at their chart). I COULD spend the $450 on the Anovos armor and hope it works. Or I could go with the AM 2.0 armor that I know will work. That's why I'm saying it works for me. It's not necessarily the money as the pain in the rear and the time as well. I'm of the philosophy of it's easier to cut away plastic a little bit at a time than it is to add it, glue it, sand it and try to make it seamless. If the Anovos works for some people, go for it. I'm just not willing to drop several hundred bucks on something no one has really seen or worked with. 

On the undersuit, I'm less concerned with the undersuit meeting EIB and Centurion standards, as I know there's really not any. It's how the armor attaches with the strapping and rivets, etc. Granted, I'm not really up to snuff on that stuff, but it's something that kicks around in my head. 

Then again, I might not even be expressing myself clearly. I have that issue sometimes. :)

Edited by KellwolfB6

Hi everyone! My name is Stu and after deliberating getting armor for over a decade, this Anovos price has me finally going in. I've been reading the boards for a bit and saw people have been passing on their 10% off codes. Does anyone have one I can use and then I can pass on mine as well?