Anovos TK armor preorder

As I stated before, this is a full recast of an RS kit. All this hype about Anovos going to the archives and scanning original armour was BS. They have simply recast an RS kit and all the parts that Rob from RS sculpted are there to see. Same with their Snowtrooper kit - just an MC with no connection to any original parts which was supposed to be scanned too. I haven't studied their TIE gear but I would bet they did the same thing there.

Enjoy your original kits everyone :)

Facts please Paul. 

It's understandable to see other armor mfg a bit upset watching their sales plummet but it's another to make such claims in a public forum.

If there's facts behind these allegations then please share with us the details. If it is indeed true then ANOVOS may be out of business within a week. 

So again, please enlighten us.

Edited by ukswrath

If there's facts behind these allegations then please share with us the details. If it is indeed true then ANOVOS may be out of business withing a week. 

I don´t think so. Under the line they have the license, and if the established "bootleg" armormaker step to much on their toes, it´s completely understandable that they would get them out from the business, with Disneys help. After that their armor would be the only one available.

Exactly. No matter how accurate or cool the fan made armors (or props in general) are, the licensed ones will always have priority in the eyes of the licensor (Disney). We know most of the time licensed stuff is not as accurate as the fan made items (heck, some licensed stuff is hilariously creepy), but regular joe might view the licensed as the only viable option for him. And licensors know that too. The good thing is that Anovos guys are coming from our world, prop makers and prop lovers. They understand what people want and what their budget allows. So I think they will go the fine line of accuracy vs. budget availabiilty.

I don´t think so. Under the line they have the license, and if the established "bootleg" armormaker step to much on their toes, it´s completely understandable that they would get them out from the business, with Disneys help. After that their armor would be the only one available.

My point being, regardless of who has the license if everyone in the legion believed ANOVOS were being shenanigans and decided to request their money back what do you think that would do to the company, financially?  

There are A LOT of people who are not in 501st and pre-ordered the Anovos armor.

You're technically not 501st until you have approved armor anyways, correct?

Are we missing something?

Edited by ukswrath

You're technically not 501st until you have approved armor anyways, correct?

Are we missing something?

You said: "My point being, regardless of who has the license if everyone in the legion believed ANOVOS were being shenanigans and decided to request their money back what do you think that would do to the company, financially?"

My answer is: not much. It won't be somehing they'd enjoy, but even in a hypothetical situation like you described above, I'm sure they have many orders to keep the line, from non-501st customers. There are 9 friends of mine who are not 501st and ordered the Anovos armor.

You said: "My point being, regardless of who has the license if everyone in the legion believed ANOVOS were being shenanigans and decided to request their money back what do you think that would do to the company, financially?"

My answer is: not much. It won't be somehing they'd enjoy, but even in a hypothetical situation like you described above, I'm sure they have many orders to keep the line, from non-501st customers. There are 9 friends of mine who are not 501st and ordered the Anovos armor.

Misunderstood your point.

Well let's hope they're on the up & up. I'm currently passing up an opportunity for ATA only because I didn't want brown boxes stacked around my house. If ANOVOS has been lying to us it would be a major disservice to the 501st and discredit to themselves. Trying to stay positive thorough it all :duim:  

My goodness people- if you are THAT Leary- pull your money out and put it somewhere that you trust. OR spend a little more and wait to see what the kit is- and buy it then-

OR

Dont. Everything to now is SPECULATION-

Most people on these boards know reputation goes a long way and a lot of time puts their money somewhere where they will have to wait a long time to get the product - and trust that's it's what they expect. Posting thoughts in this forum does nothing.

My point being, regardless of who has the license if everyone in the legion believed ANOVOS were being shenanigans and decided to request their money back what do you think that would do to the company, financially?  

Well, i definately wouldn´t. And i assume many others wouldn´t do that either.

My goodness people- if you are THAT Leary- pull your money out and put it somewhere that you trust. OR spend a little more and wait to see what the kit is- and buy it then-

OR

Dont. Everything to now is SPECULATION-

Most people on these boards know reputation goes a long way and a lot of time puts their money somewhere where they will have to wait a long time to get the product - and trust that's it's what they expect. Posting thoughts in this forum does nothing.

I'm currently passing up an opportunity for ATA only because I didn't want brown boxes stacked around my house.

lol my house is overflowing with brown boxes and white plastic shavings. Can't wait for s'more!

Also, is $350 so terrible for a recast RS (jocularity!)

I'm currently passing up an opportunity for ATA only because I didn't want brown boxes stacked around my house.

lol my house is overflowing with brown boxes and white plastic shavings. Can't wait for s'more!

To be honest I can care less if they told us it was recast from something else, $350 was a sweet deal. :peace: 

Just saying I would be disappointed to learn it's all BS.

The price is what drew in a lot of us. My girlfriend's heart missed a beat when she learned how much some member of the 501st paid for their armor. Price is a make or break point for a lot of people, myself included.

Looking at those pics, it looks like a nice kit. However, if it indeed is a recast, given the census here on the question of recast armor, wouldn't Anovos trooper be viewed as outcasts?

Only a side by side will be able to tell if it's truly recasted. Think about it. How many different molds were used to create the original TKs for ANH? Not many. If most of RS molds were from screen used suits and Anovos's molds were formed from scans of screen used parts, and they both used similar materials to pull suits, wouldn't the possibility exist that the kits would look remarkably similar???? Nothing can be assumed here until the two suits are sitting next to each other. I'm sure they know we are gonna do that

• Like 6

Only a side by side will be able to tell if it's truly recasted. Think about it. How many different molds were used to create the original TKs for ANH? Not many. If most of RS molds were from screen used suits and Anovos's molds were formed from scans of screen used parts, and they both used similar materials to pull suits, wouldn't the possibility exist that the kits would look remarkably similar???? Nothing can be assumed here until the two suits are sitting next to each other. I'm sure they know we are gonna do that

I totally agree with you Steve.

It's hard to imagine them going through so much trouble, fabricated story, etc, etc just to sell a thousand or so suits just to have it blow up in their face. Wouldn't make much sense. 

Edited by ukswrath

Additionally, it's my understanding that the main concern with recasting (apart from being what is essentially blatant theft), is the poor quality of recast armor due to poor knowledge of the actual process. The reason that people are warned away from buying recasts on eBay is the quality, not necessarily the lack of integrity. This being said, I don't think that quality should really be a concern with Anovos' product. Sure, the theft (if it is a recast) is annoying and very harmful to the community, but if you're calling it out on being a recast in fear of the poor quality, I think that a reevaluation of what you're looking for is in order. Anovos has no reason to put out a low-quality product. This is going to be a $600 kit at the end of the day. They're not new to prop-making, and I don't think that we have any real reason to doubt the quality at this point (except maybe for the quality of the soft pieces. Those are still massive unknowns).

As I stated before, this is a full recast of an RS kit. All this hype about Anovos going to the archives and scanning original armour was BS. They have simply recast an RS kit and all the parts that Rob from RS sculpted are there to see. Same with their Snowtrooper kit - just an MC with no connection to any original parts which was supposed to be scanned too. I haven't studied their TIE gear but I would bet they did the same thing there.

Enjoy your original kits everyone :)

Sweet, I get an RS kit for $350! :D

Kidding aside, I'll not believe this until I can see for myself that one pull fits perfectly over another. Without proof, Paul, you are just spreading nasty rumors.

I'm inclined to go with this line of thought as well. They have to know this will be under the magnifying glass at SDCC, thus giving the entire community a chance to pull their orders. Can't wait to hear the report back from knowledgeable folks!

With the utmost respect to TM, it will be hard to accept opinions on this armor as being completely unbiased (even if they truly are), when they come from actual armor makers. There's a conflict of interest built right in to this situation that can't be overlooked. I hope that we can remember that we're all here to help each other out, to build each other up. :)

Bill

Edited by Astyanax
  • Like 5

Hello Everyone

I'm looking at getting my first set of armor and I'm thinking of trying a set of Anovos kit before the prices are rising.

Is there anyone out there kind enough to share a discount code with me?

BR Rickard

Hi everyone, I'm JayJayN from therpf, trying to go through all the pages of this before making up my mind on investing on this. I've always wanted to get a troop suit and join the 501st, but i'm hoping this will be a great starting point, most of my friends are Mando's and being able to suit up with them would be awesome. If anyone could share an anvos discount code that would be much appreciated!

I really have no interest in this armour. There are many sellers of armour out there and everyone is free to make and sell whatever they like. I am just pointing out what I see and I see all the hand sculpted parts Rob from RS made in the Anovos kit as well as the modified parts. It will all come out eventually when side by side comparisons are made (and don't think the RS is a direct copy of the original suit it was made from and I am positive the Anovos will share the same discrepancies).

Please don't read this a sour grapes. I don't want you thinking I am being negative. I have 15 years in this hobby studying armour and I am not a casual observer. Armour is my specialty and it's annoying when I read all the hype about how it's cast from an original from the archives when I can clearly see it's an RS recast. Time will tell.

• Like 2

I was seriously considering this kit, but there are just too many question no for me right now. Will I be able to make it fit me since I'm not the advertised body type? Will this suit they're making limit it to basic approval rather than going expert infantry or centurion? Yes, it's "only" $450 right now, but for a couple hundred more I can go with one of the armorers here already and not have to roll the dice on what is, for me, two big questions. If I was just looking for basic approval and/or fit their body type mold, I'd probably have jumped on it.