Stormtrooper in Episode VII

DroidHunter

If Chrome, that could cause all sorts of interesting reflection and lighting issue.

Very interesting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Concept art that was "leaked".... Who knows if this is just an early concept and if this iteration of the TK even made it into the film? I do like how it is quite similar to the stormies we know and love, though. I wonder what the circular bits on their arms are? BTW, pauldrons aplenty.

57c359a4194c98d5a2baa3b126449368.jpg

• Like 1

Probably just early concept art to base the redesign off. Like in the early days of ANH I imagine there would be quite a few of these kicking around as they try and keep faithful to the lineage and modernise for the 30 odd year gap between episodes. Very cool though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You get a pauldron, you get a pauldron, you get a pauldron!

Errybody gets a pauldron!!

I hope that a lot of what is in that particular piece of concept art makes it through to the final - It's great.

Edited by travisccook

I don't know about the rest, but that concept art makes me pretty excited and curious about the real thing! Can't wait until they release a full picture, and what's more, to get my hands on some armor :D

This concept art is great but someone needs to spill the goods on a photo of a complete set of armor. I get my hopes up with every leak. The premier gets closer and closer and we don't have new armor ready yet haha.

Yes, hopefully we will get to see some full armor photos soon.

Otherwise we need to rush the new armor to have it ready for the release of the movie, and that is something I really like to avoid ...

Concept art that was "leaked".... Who knows if this is just an early concept and if this iteration of the TK even made it into the film? I do like how it is quite similar to the stormies we know and love, though. I wonder what the circular bits on their arms are? BTW, pauldrons aplenty.

57c359a4194c98d5a2baa3b126449368.jpg

Although not quite the same, looks similar to the I.M.P.S. troopers.

http://impstherelentless.com/props/

Edited by Griffin-X

Photos from the set and what do we see? An actual stormtrooper! Woot woot!  http://makingstarwars.net/2014/10/exclusive-photos-stormtrooper-set-star-wars-episode-vii/

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021
  • Like 2

The concept art is no indicator for sniper plates on both knees, as the left trooper in the foreground is just a mirrored Image of the trooper in the middle ...

I'm not sure about this... I think the middle trooper is a mirror of the left trooper :D

I only say this because the middle trooper is so fuzzy, it was obviously fudged when they mirrored it.

TBH, I'm kind of surprised more people aren't stoked to see the first alleged--not concept--full body shots of a stormtrooper on set. Maybe it's because they're admittedly pretty crappy quality...or this thread gets buried quickly...or people are avoiding this thread because it's too spoilery.

Yes, Benjamin, I wonder if the cylinder on his left hip is an update to the TD? It looks kind of like a little canteen. Also, if this is an incendiary trooper, is that Baywatch-rescue-float-like thing on his back for his flamethrower? In any case, the armour definitely reads as a stormtrooper from these shots anyway.