Stormtrooper in Episode VII

DroidHunter

---------------

If anyone wants to see it all in one. Badly cut and pasted I know...

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021
  • Like 1

My initial observations:

Any place black is showing has the same ribbed design as the neck seal.  This will need either the entire undersuit to be ribbed, or some type of attached ribbing material at the joints of the armor pieces.  Probably the latter. 

The front of the armor has an interesting design.  It looks like it's solid from the chest to the back over the shoulders, but there's a separation halfway between the middle and the left shoulder transition that's a little raised.

The O I I is pretty shallow in the back.  And the way the design is on the O, it seems like it serves some type of purpose.  Maybe a port that can take a tube system?

For the leg armor, that shot coming out of the ship bay is really nice.  It looks like the armor butt joins and is two pieces at lease for the shins.  There is a clasp on the sides which cinches it into place.  Also, I don't believe we're seeing the boots in this shot.  That looks like a transitional boot piece that cinches down over the bottom of the shin and the top of the boot.

Seems that legs and "boots" snaps are fake and velcro backed.

The "boots" ones almost for sure. For the legs I'm just guessing, but you could see that the armor joins on the inner side of the leg.

• Like 1

On 11/28/2014 at 11:52 PM, Nagedzi said:

New TK boots:

The right guy's knee ribbed underarmor seems to slip out of the armor.

The underarmor seems to be plain at the top of the picture.

I think the ribbed parts are inserts.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021
  • Like 1

Is it just me, or does the first shots of the under suit outside look like its see thru? You can especially tell around his armpit area. Could be just to help with cooling in the desert.  Also on the boot shot, it looks like those are some type of ankle spats, but armor. The guy on the right has his coming apart and you can definitely see the velcro attachment.

The shin armor also looks to be seemed on the outside and overlapped on the inside.

Saw that too - will be much easier to build then trying to go seamless like clones.

• Like 2

I agree with the seamless clone look; lots of work to get it to look good!

About the undersuit and the armor layering... I came up with this.

O5g9649.jpg

3 layers: undersuit, with ribbed attached neckseal that opens and closes via two snaps at the back, and ribbed sleeves

Vest layer with ribbed shoulders and a solid black collar (maybe made of foam?)

Hard Armor over the top; shoulder armor attaches to the vest 'sleeves', like Mando/Fett shoulder armor.

Just spit-balling ideas here.

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021
  • Like 1

If you look at the front shot, where the neck seal meets up with the chest, there's another piece of fabric attached to the chest area.  This is making me think more that the ribbed pieces are fabric slips attached between the armor pieces. 

In that design, there would be a normal black undersuit to have a starting point and cover up any skin exposure.  The armor pieces themselves would be connected together by ribbed slips of material.  Those pieces would be pulled onto the arms and legs and secured into position.  That would keep the visible ribbed areas always the same and not give the chance to see the smooth black undersuit underneath.

At the moment, this stuff looks like Troopermasters 2mm AC ABS armor, ultra white and shiney. From the pieces we've seen so far, I'm pretty certain we will see armor in short order :)

As to the helmet, my partner and I are already doing the modeling of the helmet for production. However, since we have only essentially seen one view of the real helmet, there are a lot of details still to be determined. This teaser was good because it will help us determine scale for the model.