Jes Gistang - research thread

Kev I've got a first time costumer who is VERY interested in this. She loves my Rex and told her the same guy was making a Fem Trooper so she's in! 

Hi Tommy, have you settled into the new location yet? **thread derail***

I have an idea on what I think the back of the legs could/should look like.
In the CRL that Liz wrote up (before the GG statue was released) she thought maybe the back of the legs would look more like the Movie Clones. Although some images in the Comic show very little to almost no shots of the back of the legs, it is some what suggested that they might have looked more like the TK's. In some comics drawing a little bit of a TK looking knee is shown, also the action figure was leaning in huge favor of looking mostly like a TK.

When I look at the GG Statue at the front view I see the upper half looking like a TK and the bottom half legs looking like a Clone. And on the back side it is reversed with the upper half looking like a Clone and the bottom... Well that what makes me think the back side of the legs should look a bit more like a TK and bringing balance to the over all look.

This will benefit the ability to put the lower legs on. With the backside of the calve having the look of the TK this will allow them to open up at that spot with an overlap to clam-shell closed. I do not think an extra strip needs to be glued on like the TKs but having a thin step like I did on my RMQ armor makes the lower legs a wearable part. And completing the look up the thigh towards the butt, visually makes sense to me. Again the strip up the thigh will not need an extra piece of plastic glue to it like on the TK's. In fact the thighs will not open on the back. The line line will be part of the mold. The thighs will assemble (glue together) on the sides like a clone.

I do not feel the back of the legs should look like a Clone. The rounded out cup shape in the back of the thighs pulls away from the over all look and will not give that stream line smooth fit for a female. And let me be the first to say that making the Spoon entry on the back of the caves for the clone style legs is a major pain to assemble.

Here is a Photoshop images I made adding thin raised lines down the center backside of the thighs and also down the calves.. Sorry it not the best image.
-------

I would like to know if anyone apposes to this idea for the back of the legs to let me know ASAP as I plan to start on this very soon, possibly next week.

Kevin W.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I think you are spot on there Kevin with the calves. I can't see it any other way for the reasons you cited.

^What he said.

Looks good to me.

-Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I think the line looks sexy. Odd enough as that sounds.

Think of it like a pair of stockings with a thick line down the back of the leg.

I got this in the mail today...
I have a few projects I plan to finish up this week and then if all goes well I will be starting on this next week.

-----------

Kevin W.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Kevin ... DUUUUDE....

That is beyond exciting. Seriously, dude... this is gonna be insane awesome! You are really onto something - IMHO, of course... but I just KNOW this is going to take off like  c r a z y. I'm so happy and excited for you. :)  We'll be anxiously awaiting further details. Cheers! Jenny

Well I have started sculpting some of the parts..

I'm giving the inner part of the Bicep a bit more of the TK look rather than what is on the GG Statue. Having the slight flare at the top near the armpit will be more comfortable. And making the inside more flat than curved will also help with the comfort of your arms when wearing it, because of  the bulkiness of where the Chest and Back connect under the arms. I do NOT plan to add the thumb print indention. LOL

Forearms & Biceps

-----

Shoulderbells

------

Kevin W.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Hi all I have been watching this thread for some time with great interest. I can't wait to see your armour KW!

I don't wish to hijack this thread but I've also been working on a set of Jes Gistang inspired stormtrooper armour. I've elected to push the armour much further over to a tk style than the statue as I essentially want to make a set of tk armour that fits the female form better than the standard.  The JG statue is a great base and gave me lots of ideas about where to start.

I've started a build over on the rpf:

www.therpf.com/f79/jes-gistang-inspired-stormtrooper-armour-206571/#post3207658

Any c and c would be most welcome I hope that we can swap notes as we go!

Cheers

Oota

Edited by Oota goota

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Really excited to see this thread.  I was wondering when somebody would be inspired to build armor for women.  It is a bit... ah... difficult to adapt the current stuff to the female form.  You know, other than the fact that Jes gets blown up like the Death Star, it is awesome there is a female stormtrooper in canon.  

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

• 3 weeks later...

I know it's been a while and an up-date is long over due...

2014-04-24175602_zps6bbe23fb.jpg.c768ef7754666381b3675d4acd30251c.jpg

My goal is to have this all done in about 3 months. Just in time for San Diego Comic-Con.

Kevin W.

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

Got more progress to show...

Started shaping the rear end with the Kidney.

2014-05-03195229_zps5fbe37ae.jpg.960e233f8322556f6c792d7b21cc549a.jpg

Thanks
Kevin W.

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

I finished the foam sculpt of the butt with kidney.

FemButtfoam_zps431665a1.jpg.89716882a815e81ca758a9133d798173.jpg

Lower legs and knees are next...

Kevin W.

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated