Jes Gistang - research thread

I... uh...

Yeah, torn between "I'm a married spud, I'm a married spud" and "What happens at a con, stays at a con", eh? :peace:

Incredible! Man, I wish I was there. Hope to see these ladies at Celebration. Are they all 501st, or going to be 501st?

The lady with the DLT on the far right is emii, a nerdy pop singer. Not likely to ever be 501st.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Long hair, second from the left, is BH 6683.

On the note of t-shirt, yes I have! Val and I are working on the armor as I type this. We have most of the torso trimmed as well as the arms ready for glue. I just finished the TD before I got on here

That shot will make a great poster, or even a great image on a coffee mug, or even a recruiting poster. Just sayin...

Oh, Yeah!!

Renee digs the shirt!! She's back is school for a second degree and this is the last week of the summer session for her, so we haven't had a chance to start anything, but it'll be soon enough!!

;)

And yeah, Kev mentioned he'll be working on the Bucket soon enough. I'm hoping that a regular TK Lid would suffice for basic approval, with another mold to match the artwork that would work for a higher level of approval.

So... here's that T-shirt!!

- Berbs

======

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Thank you everyone for your comments and support.

These ladies did a magnificent job helping with the assembly, spending long days and long nights to get this done on time. They all look perfect IMO trooping at SDCC.

From left to right: LeeAnna Vamp (501st Honorary Member) Stacey Bender (501st Member tk6683) Liz Perales (working on R/L with her Sabine costume and 501st approval) Emii M. (also plans to submit this costume for 501st approval)

jesscomicon_zpsb4b8a570.jpg.5b3d8eb3f849f8d29df4e98e23a0b8bf.jpg

Kevin W.

KW Designs

www.imerialsurplus.com

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

Ab to Kidney - Split Rivets with straps on the top & bottom left side & split rivet with strap top and bottom on the kidney with snaps on the right side )

Do we have any indication that this will be the standard way of attachment? I dont want to drill holes for split rivets if this is not going to be acceptable. I personally like the idea

I personally would assemble it in a way that nothing is permanent, like holes, for that exact reason.

There is nothing saying it will end up in the CRL, it all depends on if someone picks up the reigns to get it done who has the armor, now thats it's been made.

Edited by Dday

Ab to Kidney - Split Rivets with straps on the top & bottom left side & split rivet with strap top and bottom on the kidney with snaps on the right side )

Do we have any indication that this will be the standard way of attachment? I dont want to drill holes for split rivets if this is not going to be acceptable. I personally like the idea

The areas that these split rivets are used are not seen. The belt covers the bottom ones and the chest and back cover the top ones.

Kevin W.

I personally would assemble it in a way that nothing is permanent, like holes, for that exact reason.

There is nothing saying it will end up in the CRL, it all depends on if someone picks up the reigns to get it done who has the armor, now thats it's been made.

I wouldnt mind helping out with the CRL in anyway that I can

The areas that these split rivets are used are not seen. The belt covers the bottom ones and the chest and back cover the top ones.

Kevin W.

This is what I thought, I just wanted to confirm. Thank you!

+1 :duim:

Here is a link to the pictures I took during the assembly. I did not get pics of every step because we assembled all 4 of these kits in 5 days.

I will take better detail pics later. But this should help clear up some of the question on how we assembled the Fem Trooper Armor.

------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

In earlier 2011 I started to make the boots for this Female trooper on this thread, now based on the Gentle Giant Boots I am pleased of show you the Legacy Boot, is made in full leather, velcro to attach to ankle armor to avoid "dancing" parts, white eva for soft walking, hided zipper for easy in and out fast dressing in a trooping, the shape is same as the GG statue, with this designed boot I am sure the Jess CRL is almost complete.

ABOUT BOOTS SIZES, DONT WORRY I HAVE ALL OF THEM

The GG statue:

---------

comparing previous beta design:

The finished model:

For Sizes check this chart and please order in Europe sizes

If you need a pair please go to this sales thread: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/28142-fem-trooper-boots/

Thanks for looking

Gio

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed