Introduce myself

26 minutes ago, Jedikiller2024 said:

Yes I am interested in Building First Order Stormtrooper armor, the problem is I wear Glasses and I've never made armor before

Lots of info on the FOTK in this area https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/218-first-order-battle-group/ and here 

Good luck with the research 

18 hours ago, Jedikiller2024 said:

Yes I am interested in Building First Order Stormtrooper armor, the problem is I wear Glasses and I've never made armor before

I'd definitely recommend having some contacts on hand for when you wear your helmet - glasses fog up pretty quick without taking extensive measures, though the FOTK helmet has more room in it for airflow than most. You're in the right place for Stormtroopin' though, welcome!

Welcome to the FISD. Even if you don’t wear contacts your vision is quite limited in the FOTK armor. TBH I could see shapes well enough that I for a long time just went pretty blind with handlers until I could do contacts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You don't have to attend an event to make TK armor, many don't even see anyone from their garrison until they have built and are 501st approved, this forum has a wealth of knowledge and people ready to help and give feedback.

I would suggest though to reach out to your local garrison, some have armor build days and you may be able to see and feel how the helmet or armor pieces will fit and any restrictions.

You can search for your local 501st garrison here https://www.501st.com/maps/

On 8/7/2023 at 2:17 PM, Jedikiller2024 said:

I wear glasses and pretty much need to get them into my helmet if I hope to see anything.  It's a bit of struggle with ANH bucket, but I can do it.  Don't let the glasses stop you.  Bart

• Like 1

I’ve seen some people who have bought prescription lenses and then they glue them or mount them into the helmet behind the plastic lenses. It’s possible to do, just something worth considering.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Jedikiller2024 said:

The other problem is that I don't have a 3D Printer to make the armor, besides I don't know If I would be able to sit down while in the Armor?

Most don't 3d print armor especially for Original Trilogy armor, they purchase molded abs plastic, you can find recommended suppliers here 

• Like 1

There are armor makes for those who are taller, some of us not all can sit, depends how the armor fits you, this may help 

Research is the key and nobody walks into this blindly, it is not a cheap hobby to start with but it can be a very rewarding one. I do suggest reaching out to those members close to you, meet up with them at a troop or an armor build day, I'm sure they will be very helpful