TK-66744 requesting ANH Stunt Centurion Status (RS) (521)

Morgi

It's a Christmas Miracle, but here's my Centurion Application. Thanks for your consideration!

Mandatory Information

• Armor = RS Propmasters, assembled myself
  • Helmet= RS Propmasters, assembled myself
  • Blaster= Troopacoola, assembled by @T-Jay

Optional

• Height = 177cm
  • Weight = 53kg
  • Boots = Imperial Boots 
  • Canvas belt = RS Propmasters 
  • Hand Plates = RS Propmasters 
  • Electronics = not applicable
  • Neck Seal = RS Propmasters 
  • Holster = Darman's

Pictures 

Full Body

3kknbAI.jpg

QpHpn5b.jpg yyyg1vk.jpg

ZTWaif4.jpgVpx5bPw.jpg

SO5pEzX.jpg

Action Shots

mYBS9rg.jpg

Alternative ideas:

sOAveme.jpgoBPrxJO.jpg

Helmet

v1qfRPW.jpeg

njD1t1j.jpeg

EvKsQl9.jpeg

J8q6qzS.jpeg

j1DFyhD.jpeg

l0U0dmU.jpeg

O2a2ufT.jpeg

Shoulder Detail

LX3HYyj.jpegX8iZ5tK.jpg

Codsnap

9kqcXGb.jpegHjGzEXn.jpegZbgYtx2.jpeg

Interior Strapping

bISOPkR.jpeg

Thermal Detonator

TmorRX7.jpeg8YUQxAk.jpeg

Ab Detail

ruIvCOK.jpeg

Neckseal

AYUT4I2.jpeg

Gloves

jPRxAQA.jpegJtGEDWp.jpeg

Boots

iP21vB5.jpeg

Knee Ammo Belt

G5ZN4CC.jpegCV6szA1.jpeg

yimJFG3.jpeg

Sniper Plate

j8oBneI.jpg

n59UXm0.jpeg

Belt

z7zhUnY.jpeg

7Ivw2iR.jpeg

Forearm Openings

VBd27FV.jpg

E-11

IJpXPdg.jpeg

AqnuAry.jpeg

smSjCBN.jpeg

Additional Pictures

hukOvor.jpeg

angled Hengstler Counter 

BO6FlB6.jpeg

Buttplate-thigh gap fixed as per EIB Feedback, other recommended fixes are documented in my build thread 

If there's any pictures missing or you need another close-up on anything, please let me know. I'm looking forward to your feedback!

Edited by Morgi
  • Like 6

• Morgi changed the title to TK-66744 requesting ANH Stunt Centurion Status (RS)

Looking great Luca! I think it is so cool to see a Centurion application of a kit that has been used for 25 troops!!! :laugh1::icon_bow: Looking shiny as ever!

One thing that I had to do was to sand/cut back this overlapping part of the ab plate, since it casted somewhat of a shadow on my images (and wasn't as accurate as having little to no edge). In my case it was quite nice to do so since the fit got more snug! I used sand paper as I felt it gave me more control!
8qYgxV9.png

I'm not sure you have to do this though! :rolleyes:
KXuo7b7.png

Good luck! :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

Edited by Nairy

Lookin' GREAT, Luca!  You really did a nice job on moving those ab/kidney rivets, brother, but can you post up a detailed/close up photo of the connection?  The reason I am requesting this is that since it can be a bit tricky to do, many folks give up at EI... but not you!  I would like to show this as an example of what can be done when someone sets their mind to it and goes the extra mile.  THANKS! :salute:

Your present photo                     Your EI photo (super clear)!

ctJ2Y03.jpg       gd9oGaq.jpg

• Like 2

vor 20 Stunden schrieb T-Jay:

Finally you get the ball rolling... ;) 

:duim:

Haha, it was about time :laugh1:

vor 20 Stunden schrieb MaskedVengeance:

Great job, Luca! I'm sorta hoping that that DOs (and others) respond only in meme form. :laugh1:

52559234135_74b8372dda_o.png

The Meme is strong in this one ;)

vor 18 Stunden schrieb Sithping:

Looking great, Luca! Good luck :duim:

vor 7 Stunden schrieb Doggydoc:

Good luck. Glad to see you get this application in. 

Thanks guys! 

vor 17 Stunden schrieb revlimiter:

The things this armor has done that few others can even imagine... and it still looks amazing!

Good luck Luca! Not that I think you'll need it. You're already at least Legate rank. :salute:

Thank you! It's got its fair share of weathering and a few cracks, but I love it :smiley-sw013:

vor 57 Minuten schrieb Nairy:

Looking great Luca! I think it is so cool to see a Centurion application of a kit that has been used for 25 troops!!! :laugh1::icon_bow: Looking shiny as ever!

One thing that I had to do was to sand/cut back this overlapping part of the ab plate, since it casted somewhat of a shadow on my images (and wasn't as accurate as having little to no edge). In my case it was quite nice to do so since the fit got more snug! I used sand paper as I felt it gave me more control!
8qYgxV9.png

I'm not sure you have to do this though! :rolleyes:
KXuo7b7.png

Good luck! :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

Well, 38 official troops plus half that unofficially have left their marks, so it's not as shiny as it used to be, but I love the weathering :D

There shouldn't be much, if any overlap in the pictures as I've got a fairly rigid strapping and Biggi double checked, but thanks for the mention. Let's see if the DOs think this needs to be corrected, I hope not, as I'd probably end up with a gap between the two plates...

vor 17 Stunden schrieb TKSpartan:

Hi Luca, thank for your Centurion Application .  :salute:

WFCaXGD.jpg

Thanks, Sir :salute:  Awaiting your feedback!

vor 50 Minuten schrieb justjoseph63:

Lookin' GREAT, Luca!  You really did a nice job on moving those ab/kidney rivets, brother, but can you post up a detailed/close up photo of the connection?  The reason I am requesting this is that since it can be a bit tricky to do, many folks give up at EI... but not you!  I would like to show this as an example of what can be done when someone sets their mind to it and goes the extra mile.  THANKS! :salute:

Your present photo                     Your EI photo (super clear)!

ctJ2Y03.jpg       gd9oGaq.jpg

Of course! Here's a clearer picture, hope this helps:

YQh4NEe.jpg

Don't mind the angled shot, but this perspective really highlights the ABS paste, so it's easier to spot what I did: the curve correction at the top of the abplate, as well as the former rivet positions :)

Thanks for the overwhelming amount of feedback so far, I'm really happy how excited everyone is :wub:

• Like 3

I found adding some thicker foam behind the abdomen and loosening the belt a little helped to stop the overlapping.

KXuo7b7.png

Your application images don't have to be troop worthy, only detail worthy, you can make adjustments while wearing for each photo, like adjusting side gaps, rotating bells, tilt of helmet and so on ;) 

• Like 1

vor 5 Stunden schrieb gmrhodes13:

I found adding some thicker foam behind the abdomen and loosening the belt a little helped to stop the overlapping.

KXuo7b7.png

Your application images don't have to be troop worthy, only detail worthy, you can make adjustments while wearing for each photo, like adjusting side gaps, rotating bells, tilt of helmet and so on ;) 

This is nothing about the belt and it can't really be fixed with foam-- Unless we're going for 10+cm. To put this into perspective: I'm 5'10 (177cm) and weigh 117 lbs (53kg) on good days. Thus I am severely underweight. For most armor parts, foam does work, but I've tried such with the abplate and if it doesn't even begin to help when I got 7cm, I look for a new solution. This one is my strapping, which let's me slide my armor into the correct position, not only for approval pictures. Maybe I should have adjusted my sliders incrementally, if so, that's on me for prioritizing trooping over Centurion, but I'll wait for the DOs to give me feedback on that. All I can say is, if I loosen the sliders even further, chances are it won't look any better, as the edges already align in the picture above -- I just don't have enough mass to fill the armor so well that there won't be any shadows from unfortunate lighting.

pguGaet.jpg

A close-up, showing the alignment. As you can see, the shadow comes from a sidelight due to the shape of the abplate, not from any overlap. By not having any lights on my front, I could have avoided the shadow, but I don't think it's gotta do with my strapping/padding (unless we artificially push out the kidney, which would look pretty bad on the inside as well as from the outside -- should there be any different lighting, perspective or camera angle), nor do I think a change there will help with wearing or trooping the armor.

Thanks for your feedback, Glen, hope I could explain my choices and armor a bit better :duim:

EDIT: thanks again, I've had a few minutes to think a bit about it and already found a few possibilities to fix this: adjustment to my strapping, magnets...

However, I want to take this opportunity to implore the DOs to not make me retake the pictures, as the last time taking pictures for Centurion took me a few months. Also, the fact that the following were recently approved (congrats guys, and please don't take this as criticism regarding your Ab-Kidney connection... just as a desperate argument for the DOs by myself, lol), so there should be no immediate need for more pictures:

R4Kqaxj.jpeg 

Edited by Morgi
  • Like 1

The foam was for filling the gap between you and the armor and yes my 2 pieces behind the ab are @10cm thick, holding the front and back away the belt should pull in on the sides like when you squash a round container so it's oval, which would intern keep those pieces better in alignment reducing the shadow.

Or you could try a locking tab similar to the video below. Yes I know this armor doesn't have a large return but the principal is there of keeping the pieces aligned (depending of course if they have the same thickness return. 

Personally I think RS is leaves too much return on the abdomen, if you compare with early RS armor from the LFL archives

gallery_12157_16_24471.jpg

BUT all this is really irrelevant as I've just looked through some of the most recent approved RS Centurion apps and it appears it's common to have this look/shadow/overlap so disregard unless the DO's comment ;) 

xvrFj2N.jpgYtkzx6h.jpgg90VonI.jpg9S7D9OB.jpg

• Like 2

vor 37 Minuten schrieb gmrhodes13:

The foam was for filling the gap between you and the armor and yes my 2 pieces behind the ab are @10cm thick, holding the front and back away the belt should pull in on the sides like when you squash a round container so it's oval, which would intern keep those pieces better in alignment reducing the shadow.

Or you could try a locking tab similar to the video below. Yes I know this armor doesn't have a large return but the principal is there of keeping the pieces aligned (depending of course if they have the same thickness return. 

Personally I think RS is leaves too much return on the abdomen, if you compare with early RS armor from the LFL archives

gallery_12157_16_24471.jpg

BUT all this is really irrelevant as I've just looked through some of the most recent approved RS Centurion apps and it appears it's common to have this look/shadow/overlap so disregard unless the DO's comment ;) 

xvrFj2N.jpgYtkzx6h.jpgg90VonI.jpg9S7D9OB.jpg

Disregard? I think we both know that won't happen, now that it's been pointed out :laugh1:

With 10cm I face the additional challenge of storing everything, I'm not sure if I could fit that much into my current storage (113L), even if I made it removable. As I'm currently on my way to work I can't watch the video, but I suspect it's gonna look a lot similar to what I already have in my armor. Theoretically the next step would indeed be removing the return edge, but I am reluctant to do that, as to me the return edge in your picture above simply seems to be in a tighter bend, not gone. 

I'll figure something out, thanks for all your input and ideas. But let's hope I'll be able to do that once I got my Centurion badge, so that I can properly focus on such improvements, as well as my ESB TK details ;)

My case was a little too much since you can see my shadow in the very unfortunate lighting directly in front of me, and it is not at all that big in your case! I thought I'd just mention that it could minimize it even more and maybe even fit a little better even just with 1-2mm since it did wonders for my armor :rolleyes: Just throught that if it was something that you had thought about it could be a good thing for me to just share, since I too have an RS armor and they tend to extend this particular edge! These comments doesn't affect the application anyway so don't take it as anything else than a tip for the future :icon_bow:

Excited to see that long awaited Centurion badge under your name Luca! :popcorn:

Edited by Nairy
  • Like 1

I'm actually OK with a slight overlap on the right side, as it's fairly common: 

cVhVuv9.jpg   Hmf2IK4.jpg

It's the left side that's more important IMO.

I agree about RS' return edges on the sides... way too large.

• Like 2

• Height = 177cm
  • Weight = 53kg

Wow Luca, now I understand why you can sit and do all that stuff you do with your armor on.

I´m 185cm and 95kg (and 49 years old:unsure:, my bones are like recycled ABS:laugh1:), almost can't even put on my helmet.:56pullhair:

Looking great, Luca!!!   Thanks!!!

• Like 4

vor 1 Minute schrieb Chemi:
  • Height = 177cm
  • Weight = 53kg

Wow Luca, now I understand why you can sit and do all that stuff you do with your armor on.

I´m 185cm and 95kg (and 49 years old:unsure:, my bones are like recycled ABS:laugh1:), almost can't even put on my helmet.:56pullhair:

Looking great, Luca!!!   Thanks!!!

Yeah, the space inside the armor is a huge help at times. Without it, I would have had to make mobility cuts by now, as there's definitely a lack of space between my armor plates :P  As long as you manage 80° angles in your legs and got a flexible chest-strapping, most of these things are possible, no matter if you get that angle because of mobility cuts or the space inside your armor. Here's  a (not really) helpful tutorial on sitting down in armor by myself. And maybe the fact that I'm 19 is also a help, I'll get back to this in 30 years to compare to my mobility at age 49 :laugh1:

Thanks for the compliment! As before, I'm awaiting your feedback (anxiously) :duim:

• Like 1

vor 8 Minuten schrieb revlimiter:

brain2003.jpg

I don't feel old at all. nope. :laugh1::6:

a1O2c3L.jpg

vor 22 Stunden schrieb TKSpartan:

zxHgKG4.jpg

szjB3zh.jpg

Am 12.12.2022 um 15:05 schrieb MaskedVengeance:

Great job, Luca! I'm sorta hoping that that DOs (and others) respond only in meme form. :laugh1:

52559234135_74b8372dda_o.png

Sure you're not Force sensitive, Caleb? :laugh1:  Love how this has escalated into memes!

WjKPOEG.jpg

• Like 2

Hi Luca, and thank you for your submission for ANH Stunt Centurion!

CRL and CENTURION Application Requirements:

All required photos have been submitted, and on behalf of the entire D.O. staff we are pleased to welcome you to the rank of CENTURION.  Congratulations!  :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly;

In this area we review observations made by your fellow troopers and the DO team.  Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor, and please keep in mind that  we consider both text (CRL) and pictures (screen caps/reference images) when reviewing submissions.

Sorry for the delay, but thank you for taking care of the issues mentioned in your EI submission, brother!  I see that trooping like a madman has indeed added some weathering.  Not the biggest of deals of course, but I would be remiss if I didn't mention it, lol.  I'm actually kind of digging the "battle worn" look, but the hand guards could use a quick coat of paint. :D

One thing I would mention is the cracking issues.  Inevitable for the most part, and it looks as if you have addressed the ones in your posterior plate.  The one in the shoulder tab should probably be tackled with some scrap ABS for strength.

aiqWp0r.jpg    pQqWrhh.jpg

Other than that, congrats and welcome to the ranks as the newest Centurion in the German Garrison!  :salute:

• Like 5