Newbie. Georgia.

Hello,

Just ordered ESB stormtrooper armor from RS Propmasters. My goal is to join the 501st and participate as often as possible. I live in Savannah, GA. I have already posted in the GA 501st forum. Any advice on next steps would be greatly appreciated. 

thanks,

Brandon

• Like 3

Hello and welcome aboard, looking forward to seeing some big brown boxes photos soon.

Make sure you check out the CRL's (costume reference library)

Also Gallery sections can be a reference source

Good luck 

Welcome to the FISD Brandon!

Be sure to check out some builds for ESB to see what's involved. Also a good time to get the supplies and tools you'll need.

Best advise is ask if you any questions before cutting.

Good Luck Future Trooper!:jc_doublethumbup:

Heyhey and welcome! 

Exciting news and I'm sure you'll have a ton of fun with your kit! Keep us posted if we can help with anything. :)

Hi Brandon, welcome to FISD.

Did you order the kit so you can build it yourself or is it an RS commission build?

Welcome Brandon! I just replied to you on the Georgia Forum. Glad to see you here. You've come to the right spot, these folks will have all the answers to your questions! 

Welcome to FISD!!

Hey Brandon,

Welcome to FISD!

Best advice I can think of...

- Don't be afraid to ask lots of questions. even ones you think are silly (maybe especially ones you think are silly!).

- post lots of pictures, they speak a thousand words.

- have a good look around the forum and do lots of research (have a good look at the advanced tactics section too; it's never too early to be aware of that)

- measure twice (or more) before cutting, and take your time. Rushing can easily lead to mistakes.

We'll all be looking forward to seeing your build progress and the pics from your first troop.

Rich

• Like 1

Thanks again, everyone. This armor is a full commission and not a kit. I looked quite a bit at kits and will continue to learn more about them. I fully intend to build whatever character I decide comes next. By then, I will hopefully have met people like those in this group and can make the best decision on how i will proceed. In the meantime, the full commission kit “should” allow me to get active with FISD with not too many adjustments or alterations. I’ll do what it takes though for sure. 

• Like 2

If your commission is an ESB version you are lucky, with a different helmet and a few other pieces you could also seek approval as ANH version, here is a comparison check list for the differences between the Original Trilogy versions https://drive.google.com/file/d/10tEVteIreh6AHMogW010cuH_Bf8TBfU6/view

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Looks like the armor will be here tomorrow. It is a full commission suit, so I may actually be wearing it tomorrow after work. I'm currently looking at voice amps, etc. I'm a but behind I guess. Looks like TRamp was a pretty good option but may not be available. What are the options in 2021? Any suggestions are welcome and appreciated. 

• Like 2

Hi Brandon! A fellow Georgian here, though I am on the opposite end of the state up north right outside Chattanooga, TN. As for bucket electronics, and ICOMM with Aker amp is another option you may consider, and I have a section on helmet internals in my resource thread below.

Though the thread is primarily for ANH builds, it has lots of generalized information that may apply should you need to make alterations to your ESB suit to make it fit you. Or as Glen said, you can very easily use your ESB armor as a base suite and gain approval for an ANH Stunt and Hero, or HWT, with the appropriate mods. Quite a few people have done that, and I know @TheRascalKing has documented his conversions pretty well.

EDIT: I think we'd all also love to see your BBB photos!

Edited by MaskedVengeance
  • Like 1