Jump to content


Imperial Attaché[TK]
  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


1 Follower

About zv288bot

Member Title

  • Position
    Expert Infantry

Contact Methods

  • Website URL

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
    Marietta, GA
  • Interests
    Star Wars fan, musician, father, husband and all around sci fi geek.


  • EIB Awards
  • FISD Supporter
  • EIB Cohorts

Standard Info

  • Name
  • 501st ID
  • 501st Unit
    Georgia Garrison
  • Troops Completed

Recent Profile Visitors

1,193 profile views
  1. Troop no. 80 Got out for May 1st (501 day) 2021. We did a Star Wars day outdoor event at Woodstock Public Library here in Georgia. It was an absolutely beautiful day.
  2. Troop no 79 (Holy smokes!) Star Wars Movie Night at KSU - April 7, 2021 I'm the trooper on the left. Can't believe it's been over a year and might I add, my back was killing me!!! Boy I am out of trooping shape! LOL
  3. Welcome Monica! So excited for you! Keep up the good work!
  4. Sweet new signature, Jorge!

    1. zv288bot


      Haha! Thanks brother! I have been messing around with some editing software and gave it a whirl. It was the same time I was working on editing cards for chopper!

  5. No worries Trooper. One step back but many steps forward in the future. You have a lifetime to accomplish this as well as many other things. Talk to you soon.
  6. It's been a wild ride. I started this journey on November 11th 2019 and completed it (never complete) at the end of May. My little printer (Ender 3 pro) ran pretty much 24/7. I went through roughly 26 rolls of fillament. I do have a box of bad prints (haha). I will continue to work on getting his periscope to work. I can already see that I may need a larger power amp. I am currently running 20w but talking to some of the droid guys they seem to be running 50w min. I also will work down the road at adding an effect to making his arm extend and using some LEDs to make it look like a zapper. Who knows. As usual thanks to my brothers and sisters in white armor for the support. Here is a link to my facebook account if anyone wants to see him moving with some sound. I was trying to video and move him so it's a little (a lot) wonky. Thanks again!!
  7. And he is done... And no one believes me when I said he literally tried to kill me! Just kidding! (not really)
  8. OK here is the final batch! Before After Here is the dome
  9. Heading off to work! I will update tonight with the finished product! Can't wait!!!
  10. So... I have an arm. Now how to I attach it. Here I come Tinkercad!! I like to consider Tinkercad to be 3D modeling for dummies. It's so easy, it only took me a couple of minutes to get the hang of it. Granted I am really only doing simple stuff with it but it's a great program if you want to design some thing yourself. So choppers dome is designed to arms to come out of his head. The system is complicated and intimidating and something I don't even see myself trying to attempt any time in my life time. But popping in a static arm that I already printing! I got this... So see that square hole to the left of the clamps? I need to make a holder. I am going super simple. I box to fit, with a hole just big enough to fit but small enough to hold it from falling out. Here is what I made. Whoop whoop!!
  11. As you guys know, I'm in the 501st (duh) and I have some (very few actually because they are murderers and thieves) Rebel legion friends. One of them does an amazing Hera and I want to recreate a scene from the show so I need an arm for our photo shoot in the social distant future! I am using transparent PTEG, I got a deal on it. It's super weird to see through everything.
  12. and I want a static arm for his head too. Anyway, while paint is drying and my head is killing me from all that is going on I looked for the simplest solution to mounting a speaker inside Chopper. I removed the very front center plate, used these mounts and some tie wraps. Speaking with a R2 builder here in Georgia, he mentioned just having his speakers out not enclosed in any kind of box. This is a cheapo amazon speaker by the way.
  13. Ok, the foot shells need filler and paint. When I assembled them I wasn't fully aware of what needed to happen and so they aren't perfect. I need to do lots of filler, primer and sanding to get them smooth enough to pass. I also need to work on a hose detail chopper has on one leg. This has not been an easy task, the bends are a change and obviously being an animated droid, there are no physical limitations. I need find a place to mount a speaker as well as getting the front arm servo connected. Lastly, he has a periscope that will come out of his dome. That will be phase 2 cause phase 1 is nearly killing me.
  14. This was my first holy smokes moment. I did it! I can't believe it's standing and rolling and recognizable!!! (I mean if you watched the show) Still have lots to do including some minor details and of course, weathering this entire thing!
  • Create New...