RT-MOD Changing of the Guard

Greetings from RT-MOD!

For the past year and a half, I have been collaborating with Pandatrooper (of Panda Props and Costumes) on the fabrication of RT-MOD armor. Not only has he helped produce armor in his own shop and delivered to my high standards, but he has has helped upgrade many of the molds and bucks to create a more accurate version of the RT-MOD armor. 

Many elements within the costume have been updated for more accuracy or have been improved in terms of quality, comfort or wearability. Everything is still being fan-made from scratch based on photo references, and scaled up slightly to match the proportions of the current RT-MOD armor.

But the time has come for me to officially pass the torch. Going forward, Pandatrooper will be the main contact and fabricator for RT-MOD armor. There will be a new contact email and updates on the latest version of the armor and helmet will be posted soon. As well, there will be some cool upgrades we think you will like! 

I would like to say I could not have asked for a better, more dedicated individual and have full confidence in Pandatrooper and his skills in carrying the RT-MOD torch. I believe he has a unique skill and dedication that will show in maintaining a high level of quality, care, attention to detail and craftsmanship.  Please give him some time for the transition, as well as restocking supplies and also allow him to catch up on some back orders.

Keep in mind that RT-MOD has and will be made for fans and hobbyists as time allows. We all have lives and need to take care of that first.

From simple beginnings in 2002 to here now in 2019 it has been my pleasure to be able to outfit the bigger trooper candidates with high quality, accurate gear and have enjoyed the fandom and camaraderie of those who partake in the hobby. I want to thank everyone in this community for their support over the years. RT-MOD would not be around without you!

Edited by RT-Mod Rob
  • Like 15

Thank Rob for the update and the years of service to the Stormtrooper community, looking forward to seeing the updated armor and contact details :salute:

Thanks Rob and thanks to everyone here. I have some big boots to fill!

As Rob mentioned, we have been collaborating for a while. If you have gotten armor from RT-MOD over the last year and a half or so, I probably made your armor in my workshop. :) We have actually been working, planning and updating things long before that.

I have been working hard on updating many pieces of the armor. I am guessing that I have upgraded probably 85% of the armor. Some improvements involved sharpening the bucks, or creating new bucks altogether in order to create more accurate (as accurate as fan made as can be) and up to date armor shapes. The vast majority of the improvements have been to align with the ANH look and what people have requested for Centurion level kits.

All of the armor now feature deeper return edges, for those wanting to install strapping brackets on the torso or to create a more accurate look. An all new abdomen buck was created with separate ab button panels and button strips (they were molded in previously). All new kidney with an aligned kidney notch was made. New biceps, forearms and hand guards were made from scratch. Thighs are available in different sizes. A larger back was created for bigger troopers. The most exciting news is that the helmet now features a one piece "cap and back" as the previous helmets had separate cap and back pieces. Some bucks are still being refined to make them ready to use, but the vast majority are ready to go and have been in use for some time.  Please stay tuned for updates.

Thanks for your patience during this time as contact info is updated, new supplies are being ordered, plastics manufactured and shipped, work space re-organized, shipping providers updated as well as some cool new and exciting additions.

As Rob mentioned, this is a part time hobby and I will try to help support builders and costumers when time allows. I have a family now and that takes priority, but I will do my best.

I will be updating this thread with photos and information when it becomes available, along with detailed descriptions of all the new armor updates and improvements.

Thanks for your continued support!

Terry

• Like 7

Thank you Rob for all you have done over the years, same goes for Terry.

Great to know RT-Mod armour will continue on and in it's new more  refined state.

Awesome work fellas.

• Like 1

Love my RT MOD kit and will be happy to recommend it to the bigger trooper.

Thanks for al you have done and passing on the torch!

Sounds like a lot of great work pandatrooper ! Exciting times ahead

Rob thank you for your contribution to the plastic spaceman world. You and your armor have been a valuable asset not only to the FISD but the entire 501st. As DO it was always a pleasure to approve one of your armors because of the level of quality and accuracy especially for the scaled up size armors. I trust your armor is in good hands with Terry and I'm certain he'll continue to honor your legacy :salute:

Greetings from RT-MOD!

For the past year and a half, I have been collaborating with Pandatrooper (of Panda Props and Costumes) on the fabrication of RT-MOD armor. Not only has he helped produce armor in his own shop and delivered to my high standards, but he has has helped upgrade many of the molds and bucks to create a more accurate version of the RT-MOD armor. 

Many elements within the costume have been updated for more accuracy or have been improved in terms of quality, comfort or wearability. Everything is still being fan-made from scratch based on photo references, and scaled up slightly to match the proportions of the current RT-MOD armor.

But the time has come for me to officially pass the torch. Going forward, Pandatrooper will be the main contact and fabricator for RT-MOD armor. There will be a new contact email and updates on the latest version of the armor and helmet will be posted soon. As well, there will be some cool upgrades we think you will like! 

I would like to say I could not have asked for a better, more dedicated individual and have full confidence in Pandatrooper and his skills in carrying the RT-MOD torch. I believe he has a unique skill and dedication that will show in maintaining a high level of quality, care, attention to detail and craftsmanship.  Please give him some time for the transition, as well as restocking supplies and also allow him to catch up on some back orders.

Keep in mind that RT-MOD has and will be made for fans and hobbyists as time allows. We all have lives and need to take care of that first.

From simple beginnings in 2002 to here now in 2019 it has been my pleasure to be able to outfit the bigger trooper candidates with high quality, accurate gear and have enjoyed the fandom and camaraderie of those who partake in the hobby. I want to thank everyone in this community for their support over the years. RT-MOD would not be around without you!
Thanks for everything Rob. Your Armor is amazing and I'm an avid fan.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Wow.  

I am admittedly a little emotional about this.  ;)

Rob, thank you.  In addition to making beautiful TK armor, you were always a pleasure to deal with.  I had no negative interactions, and in my time here, I cannot think of any single complaint by anybody as a result of any interaction with you.  I know that you started this for fun, and continued to do it out of love, and you have indeed made for many a happy trooper in the Legion, across the globe.  

It seems like just yesterday that I reached out to you to inquire about a kit, and in the five years since then, I've personally had my hands on three of your kits, and all were of consistent and equal quality, and a joy to build/help build.  

Thank you for your dedication, craftsmanship, and general human decency.  I wish you success as you continue forward, and hope that you will from time to time stop in and share your latest costuming creations.  I enjoyed seeing all of the things you had made and shared, the creativity you demonstrated in a lot of endeavors was truly inspirational.  Thank you.  :)

Terry,

Thank you for stepping up and assuming the legacy of RT-Mod.  It would have been a sad day had this merely been a "I'm done now Troopers" post, but thanks to you it has a happy ending and a bright(er) future.  

I too am looking forward to seeing the upgrades!

• Like 2

I've been struggling with what to write.  You've been a hallmark of integrity and quality for so many years, I think at this point you have the longest tenure of any active armor maker, which is quite a record.

History lesson for some people - when we created the CRL and EI standards back in the day (remember, at the time out of the box FX armor was the standard before then), several armor makers complained, but you never did.  You just adjusted your molds so it would comply with the new CRL.

My favorite memory though was when I had to head up to a troop in Vancouver with some garrison-mates and needed a new set of shins.  Not only did you help GPS me to your home tp pick them up in person, but you had them pre-trimmed and ready to go. You even glued the fronts and added the sniper plate on.  That was an above and beyond courtesy that set the bar as an example of how people should help each other out.

I can think of no better person to pass the torch on to than Terry (PandaTrooper).  His artistry and talent is first class, and his dedication to his hobby and community are beyond question.  I remember when Outer Rim was what - 3 people?  Your involvement in forming that squad and growing it to where it is today is something few have matched.

I could write for hours praising the work and ethics of you two gentlemen, surely.   It's a blessing to all that the tradition of RT lives on.   Thanks again Rob for all you have done, and thanks Terry taking the armor to the next level.

:salute:

• Like 5

Great news.  Congrats to Panda for taking on armor making (I can't think of a more talented person to be a prop maker) and to RT for finding a great person to pass the torch to.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, TkDrew said:

How do I get in touch with Panda ?.. I  have  AM ANH stunt armor and I noticed I need a longer torso piece because of my height asap so I can better look the part

Andrew send pandatrooper a PM. 

• 3 weeks later...
I’m in the hospital with a fractured ankle. Surgery for screws and plates. Putting things on hold for a while, can’t stand or walk much less work. Thanks for your patience 
Sorry to hear! Please take the time to recover. Health over all. Thanks for the update Panda.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, pandatrooper said:

I’m in the hospital with a fractured ankle. Surgery for screws and plates. Putting things on hold for a while, can’t stand or walk much less work. Thanks for your patience 

Ouch! Been there done that lol. Here's to hoping you heal quick :duim:

• 1 year later...
On 6/27/2019 at 9:50 AM, pandatrooper said:

Hey Terry, prayers for a speedy recovery. I sent you a PM regarding getting in touch with you in re: to email and purchasing armor when you're up and ready to go.

• Sly11 unpinned and featured this topic