TK-82214 requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status (MTK/RS) (837)

Name: Zac Bates
ID: TK-82214
Forum name: DEVOLVER

501st Profile: http://www.501st.com/members/displaymemberdetails.php?userID=28016
Garrison: Garrison Tyranus

Armour: MTK
Helmet: RS Propmasters
Neck Seal: Darman's Props

Holster: Darman's Props
Blaster: Hyperfirm B-Grade E-11
Boots: Imperial Boots

Belt: TKittell
Gloves: Joseph's silicone handguards
Electronics: UKSWRATH echo bracket helmet fans, UKSWRATH hovi speaker system

Height: 5’11”
Weight: 180

Build Thread: 

I tried to supply a picture of every possible thing you would need to see.

Thank you for your time and consideration!

Front:

yuOvyz.jpg

Back:

enA50p.jpg

Left, arms down:

ZX740C.jpg

Left, arms raised:

coWEzn.jpg

Left side detail:

I3NJ3m.jpg

Right, arms down:

ohih5K.jpg

Right, arms raised:

sMPC1s.jpg

Right side detail:

5QXphA.jpg

Action shot:

HADbiP.jpg

Helmet front:

A6I3Gi.jpg

Helmet left:

Kbk86S.jpg

Helmet right:

U44mmI.jpg

Helmet back:

sCJIjT.jpg

Green lenses:

8SQqaV.jpg

S-Trim:

pYqKO1.jpg

Three flat head helmet screws:

10V8mG.jpg

Ab button detail:

pRF05u.jpg

Torso strapping:

oLt4Lt.jpg

Shoulder bridges:

kj5ZlF.jpg

Crotch snap:

KmZgrw.jpg

Notch right:

NUdYXd.jpg

Notch left:

DA0ytE.jpg

Belt/Holster:

uq3TU8.jpg

Black pan head screws, TD:

U4VpUG.jpg

TD Detail:

OeccIb.jpg

Ammo knee left:

oyriBI.jpg

Ammo knee right:

A0vYoJ.jpg

Sniper knee left:

nxzpmu.jpg

Sniper knee right:

dw8cI8.jpg

Handguards:

3yIix4.jpg

Neckseal:

YFam1c.jpg

Boots:

jkbzc9.jpg

Blaster right:

NldgEH.jpg

Blaster left:

1LOjsN.jpg

Blaster D-Ring:

6BjaTB.jpg

Edited by DEVOLVER

Well done, Zac! Super clean build.

I think you *might* be asked to supply a picture of the inside of your right thigh ammo pack rivet.

Also, the elastic holding your shoulder straps looks wide; most common is 1/8". This is only a requirement for Centurion and it's not actually specified in the CRL so I think it might be one of those things that is for accuracy only.

Finally, when I applied for EIB/Centurion, I was asked to paint over some of the brass weathering on the scope on my Hyperfirm so you might be asked to do the same.

See you at Centurion soon. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shashachu said:

Well done, Zac! Super clean build.

I think you *might* be asked to supply a picture of the inside of your right thigh ammo pack rivet.

Also, the elastic holding your shoulder straps looks wide; most common is 1/8". This is only a requirement for Centurion and it's not actually specified in the CRL so I think it might be one of those things that is for accuracy only.

Finally, when I applied for EIB/Centurion, I was asked to paint over some of the brass weathering on the scope on my Hyperfirm so you might be asked to do the same.

See you at Centurion soon. :)

Thanks Sha Sha! I appreciate the input. At least if I do have to change out the elastic for Centurion, it's a simple fix.

And just for the record, what kind of paint did you use for your repaint of the scope? Just in case :)

11 hours ago, DEVOLVER said:

And just for the record, what kind of paint did you use for your repaint of the scope?

Just some random black spray paint I had at home; I just very lightly went over the scope area. 

If you look at the pics in my EIB vs Centurion application, you'll see the difference: https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/43133-tk-19233-requesting-anh-stunt-eib-status-wtf-766/

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/43656-tk-19233-requesting-anh-stunt-centurion-status-wtf-367/

• Like 1

Hey Zac, and thank you for your ANH-Stunt  EI application.

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All required submission photos have been posted, and I am very pleased to announce your armor displays all the necessary elements to qualify for Expert Infantry. On behalf of Tony and myself, congratulations!     :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

In this section we review observations made by your fellow troopers and ourselves. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor.

Just a few small notes on this outstanding build, brother.

I noticed that your right shoulder bridge could use a bit of trimming to match the left one.  This quick and easy fix will add to the look of of your armor

LqeAcFw.jpg?1

Perfect job on the shoulder bell to shoulder bridge placement, but they could be closer to your back plate.  Trimming all the return edge from the bottom of your shoulder bells will help, or maybe giving them a hot water bath to help reshape them a bit.

Reference image

ge9Vvgc.jpg   Oa9hiis.jpg?1  

Reference image

aztfHb8.jpg?1

As mentioned earlier in your thread, I would definitely hit your scope with some black spray paint.  You can have some brass showing, of course, but toning it down will add to a better look,

hEYUkXu.jpg

Reference image

l0KCWpX.jpg?1

In several shots it shows your posterior plate actually riding over your kidney plate.  It should actually be underneath and as level as possible.  Great job on that double-snap set-up, (I swear by it), but I would suggest taking 10 minutes to make 2 new (tighter) nylon straps for the kidney/posterior connection.

Reference image

qZUdMzz.jpg    OS7dXSY.jpg   n2kd0fn.jpg

Centurion Suggestions:

In this section we review observations made by your fellow troopers and ourselves. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor.  

A really quick fix is needed for your drop box, (just tighten it up a tad).  The CRL states that there should be a "minimal gap between belt and box".  

Reference image

QLRvZO5.jpg          kcrmjOn.jpg?1

• Like 2

• justjoseph63 changed the title to TK-82214 requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status (MTK/RS) (837)

Thank you very much for your review and your advice. It's a real honor to be awarded with EIB rank. You really made my day!:duim:

I will definitely be making these fixes ASAP and submitting for Centurion. I will see you there soon! 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DEVOLVER said:

I will definitely be making these fixes ASAP and submitting for Centurion. I will see you there soon! 

Looking forward to it, brother!  I have confidence that you will be looking even sharper!!  :jc_doublethumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats trooper!  Just a few quick fixes and you'll get the Centurion badge in no time.  

I actually had the same problem with my butt plate wanting to overlap the kidney plate. Having tight elastic made it worse actually. So I went to a local hardware store and bought two brackets that I glued to the inside of the butt plate to keep it from being able to move and overlap.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SgtGarand said:

Congrats trooper!  Just a few quick fixes and you'll get the Centurion badge in no time.  

I actually had the same problem with my butt plate wanting to overlap the kidney plate. Having tight elastic made it worse actually. So I went to a local hardware store and bought two brackets that I glued to the inside of the butt plate to keep it from being able to move and overlap.

Thanks man! I've been working on some of the revisions as I get time. One thing I have discovered is that the main factor making my butt plate pop out was that in these pics, I made my belt way too tight. It was squeezing my kidney plate in too much. Just by loosing the belt, I have nearly fixed the overlap situation. I will definitely look into the bracket idea, though.

That's great to hear! 

And I will take mine out later and make a post in the build section for it. It definitely helped keep it in place on troops that require a lot of walking. 

• Like 1