Anovos TK armor preorder

I broke down and got a set too. 350 bucks is just too good a deal to pass up. I've put off getting TK armor for years now, mostly because I'm too fat to wear it. If this armor does nothing else, atleast it's finally motivating me to get off my lazy rear and lose some weight.

• Like 3

Well bit the bullet as well. just purchased two kits, one for myself and one for the GF. So hopefully we'll have another TK in the ranks by 2016. Tax return money well spent. 

I ordered one this morning for my wife. If she ends up not wanting/enjoying it then I'll make it into a sandy for me. I thought about ordering two but with all the TFA builds I want to do I think I'll just save up for those as they are going to be pricey.

I talked to Anovos about sizing and they informed me that they are working on female specific armor.  I don't know when they're coming out or if they're going to be offering the pre-order price.  I also wonder about approval for armor that is specifically made for women, technically that might not be screen accurate? 

Depends on what they do to it. I don't recall any femme armour in anh. If anovos is making it smaller in size and shape ...I know a few shorter troopers wearing anh armour just fine.

I have graced with a benefactor that picked one up for me on a long term loan. It will be my first build and first costuming venture. Now decemberish is even further away then before.

I have graced with a benefactor that picked one up for me on a long term loan. It will be my first build and first costuming venture. Now decemberish is even further away then before.

i decided to pull the trigger shortly before the cutoff after hearing high recommendation from a local 501st member hear in Dallas! Seriously at $350, you really can't beat that price if the sculpt is as good as the photos. This will be my first armor since I just don't have the time and resources to craft one myself and have been wanting to get into trooping for a long time...I'm finishing my bachelor's degree this year which will give me all the time I need to customize the kit before December (that is if we get it in time!)

I feel like I just took a step into a much larger world!

• Like 1

Looks like it's only gone up $100. $450 for the full kit (minus boots and blaster) Revenge of the 5th special!

Edited by cm325i

$450 kit price through May 16th, 2015.  That's 30% less than final kit price, still pretty good.

From reading the Anovos content, $650 is not necessarily the final price. It looks like $450 until May 16, then $650 until June 1, and then the "Initial Public Offering" is over and the price may go up further.

"Pre-order becomes priced at $650.00 USD for the duration of the Initial Public Offering, which ends on June 1, 2015. Pricing after end of Initial Public Offering subject to change, including higher MSRP."

This is probably to account for unforeseen manufacturing costs.

http://www.anovos.com/products/star-wars-classic-trilogy-imperial-stormtrooper-pre-order

Well I did it shortly before the cutoff for $350. This will be my first armor set, and my first costume as well. I am excited. Also a little surprised that I got my wife on board in time!

Indeed. It helped me pass the wife test by talking about the potential total $1000-$1500 investment and then whipping this one out.

She said, "You MUST get this." ;)

Oh, if you insist. Mind if I spring for a premium E-11?

Bill

Edited by Astyanax
  • Like 2

Is there a promotion code. I see 450 not 350

it goes up, the promotion price goes up may the fourt, then again another date, and again another until its at the regular sales price.

I joined this list also and winter can't come fast enough. First time armor buyer and builder here, like most of those jumping on this deal. I think its gonna be harder for me to make it work. Mostly since I'm 5'11 and 280lbs. I've seen threads about needing larger armor and shims. But I'm hopeful that I'll be able to make this work. I also wonder just how may orders ANOVOS has gotten. I'd say probably in the 100's. I know my order number has 4 digits, but I'd assume that the order number started long ago with their first orders. 

Well bit the bullet as well. just purchased two kits, one for myself and one for the GF. So hopefully we'll have another TK in the ranks by 2016. Tax return money well spent. 

Good to see you again ALEX!!!

chico is a long way from florida!

I'm seriously thinking about jumping on this deal. Couple of things stopping me. 1) It's my first TK build. 2) I'm 6'1" and about 250 lbs (dropping the 250 slowly but surely thanks to taking up running) 3) I'd like to eventually hit Centurion level, and I can't tell by looking at the helmet on Anovos website if the bumps on the ears are right. It LOOKS like 5 total with one black instead of 4, but it could be a reflection or something in the picture. Other than that, the helmet seems to tick all the boxes for the Centurion CRL. 

My biggest concerns are what I might have to do to the armor to get it up to CRL standards. I know no armor is approved out of the box, though. If I don't go with this one, I'm looking at either AM or RT (which is more or less booked up for the rest of the year) due to the sizing. I'm not that concerned about getting the armor in a hurry, so waiting isn't that big of a deal.