Anovos TK armor preorder

Anyone ask about extra abs for shims included yet?

Good point! That is what I'm always thinking about when I see all those kits out there. You never see the extra ABS needed to make the coverstrips. Luckily I was blessed with enough material with my armour.

Edited by WhiteNight

They say in their FAQ that the ab plate details come finished in the completed ensemble but that the builder must paint/decal them for the raw kit.

If that's the case then TD is out of the question unless you can somehow remove the plate. That would be a bummer if you couldn't.

Edited by ukswrath

If that's the case then TD is out of the question unless you can somehow remove the plate. That would be a bummer if you couldn't.

I can't find the FAQ again because I'm on mobile and I don't remember how I got there originally. I also don't know enough about TDs or TK to TD conversions or anything like that. It looks to me (based on a quick glance at the TD ab plate) that it should be fine. Am I incorrect in believing that the only difference between a TK and TD ab plate is the paint?

I can't find the FAQ again because I'm on mobile and I don't remember how I got there originally. I also don't know enough about TDs or TK to TD conversions or anything like that. It looks to me (based on a quick glance at the TD ab plate) that it should be fine. Am I incorrect in believing that the only difference between a TK and TD ab plate is the paint?

TK bb0f6f9c-a03e-45df-8194-4b10edf574b7.jpg TD 72042462-cac0-41b2-97a6-6948f4bef1e1.jpg

Edited by ukswrath

I see. That would certainly be a problem.

However, it looks like the Anovos plate is separate:

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0346/5761/products/sw-imp-trooper-13.jpg?v=1428812660

Zoom in enough and you'll be able to see the edges.

Sorry that I'm not able to post a better picture. Being on mobile makes it difficult.

I see. That would certainly be a problem.

However, it looks like the Anovos plate is separate:

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0346/5761/products/sw-imp-trooper-13.jpg?v=1428812660

Zoom in enough and you'll be able to see the edges.

Sorry that I'm not able to post a better picture. Being on mobile makes it difficult.

Yea I posted the same pic a few pages ago. I'd be surprised to see this plate attached already, why would they go through the trouble on a kit.

I'm sure we'll see updated pics in time. I've already pilled the trigger on the kit anyways so I'm not too concerned, either way. 

Edited by ukswrath

Well if you're going to buy the Anovos classic TK, you should do it now while it's so cheap. The price seems to be the most appealing thing about it. The included soft armor is a sweet deal, but we have so few details about that aspect that I think a lot of people are assuming that the soft parts may be on the lower end of the quality spectrum.

I am most likely going to buy the full thing but might wait because they are making the episode 7 stormtrooper suit as well.

I'm going to be honest with you ... I don't recommend the TFA (Ep 7) stormtrooper as a first costume, or even as a first hard armor costume. It's a costly and complex build, and you will definitely need experienced helpers to assemble it. That, and as I understand it, it won't even be available to the general public until late this year at the earliest.

You're better off jumping on the classic TK while you can and while it's so cheap.

• Like 1