Anovos TK armor preorder

with mine out of the way i can focus on acquiring a kid size tk for my oldest boy who taken interest in star wars cosplay.

I'm doing exactly the same thing. I started a build for a kids' TK, and I'm including patterns/templates. Hope you like it!

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/31324-tk-jr-astyanaxs-foamtrooper-kids-armor-project/

Bill

Edited by Astyanax
  • Like 1

Looks like you won't have to worry about matching ABS to PVC - the entire suit will now be made of PVC.

http://www.anovos.com/products/star-wars-classic-trilogy-imperial-stormtrooper-pre-order

So what's the premature verdict? Does anyone think this kit will be complete trash?

'Complete trash' is extreme. I personally think (and hope) it will be a fantastic suit.

It would be nice if ANOVOS would publish detailed photos of the actual production armor.

• Like 1

Is PVC more or less expensive to produce than ABS at that thickness (0.09")? Wondering if they're cutting corners with the material for cost reasons, or really trying hard to put out a superior licensed product?

This part of the updated FAQ really got me excited:

The armor pieces will be vacuum-formed from a range of .060" (thinner) to .090†(thicker) PVC. Thinner PVC will be used for detailed parts (such as the "ab button" plate) and thicker PVC will be used for parts that need reinforcement and greater durability.

Any thoughts?

I have a PVC RS suit and it is great.but I ordered the Anovos armor to have ABS as well without having to fork out the RS price tag for another suit. I do think its a bit in bad form to go and change that now but for the price I guess I shouldn't complain too much. They did say that the suit on the site is a prototype so they sort of left it open to changes like this. I am still happy to be getting one though. Hoping they offer Sandtrooper parts too.

There are equal arguments about PVC vs ABS when it comes to durability for trooping. My RS armor was purchased in 2012 and it is very thin and flexible. But a year later I ordered a replacement part and the PVC seemed more rigid, thick and easy to break. Maybe RS changed something.

For Anovos, If they keep their prices low enough, and offer replacement parts, then whatever material they offer in th end will be fine and there will be many happy troopers sporting their armor.

I just wish they would sell their TFA armor kits at a reasonable price.

UPDATE:

besides changing from ABS to PVC,

Anovos site updated to state: "armor is crafted from ANOVOS sculpts" 

http://www.starwars.com/news/armor-up-with-anovos-stormtrooper-helmet-exclusive-preview

Star Wars . com says that they used parts from Lucasfilm to make their sculpt. But the beginning of this article makes it sound like the PVC was a separate line of armor, and just the helmet for now. and the existing pre-ordered armors were staying the way they were.

Never mind, I just read ANOVOS's site, it is PVC for the whole kit as well. And yeah, it does say that now... hmm.. : / 

Well they did say anything can change at anytime for any reason.

As it has been said, they stated things could change.

Wouldn't care as long as they don't start mixing up ABS armors with PVC helmets...