Anovos TK armor preorder

It was from one of the first live simulcast interviews with the two owners at C7, from the ANOVOS booth. I though it was interesting when he said something about the collector had the armor for about 25 years in his basement and somehow the guys at ANOVOS found out about it and contacted him.

Thanks

I thought it interesting that Rogue One will indeed be set 5 years pre ANH and so the OT TK will live on in the 21st century.

• Like 3

It was from one of the first live simulcast interviews with the two owners at C7, from the ANOVOS booth. I though it was interesting when he said something about the collector had the armor for about 25 years in his basement and somehow the guys at ANOVOS found out about it and contacted him.

I thought I remembered this interview as well so I went back to check. It's appears it might actually be this interview with efx about their stormtrooper prop armor. They talk about finding the collector and him having it in a trash bag. So Anovos is working with Lucasfilm and efx with the collector.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U48niAkKMzg

Edited by AZ_ST

I thought I remembered this interview as well so I went back to check. It's appears it might actually be this interview with efx about their stormtrooper prop armor. They talk about finding the collector and him having it in a trash bag. So Anovos is working with Lucasfilm and efx with the collector.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U48niAkKMzg

HA! I knew I wasn't going insane  :laugh1:

Ok so I was a little off, wrong builder

Edited by ukswrath

I thought it interesting that Rogue One will indeed be set 5 years pre ANH and so the OT TK will live on in the 21st century.

Not to hijack this thread, but I can't imagine Rogue One would be 5 years before ANH, unless it's just backstory. That's right before SW:Rebels starts. Also, we know that it's about the "heist" that got the Death Star plans. I can't imagine the Alliance sat on those plans for 5 years prior to sending Leia on her way in the Tantive IV. :-)

Hi this will be my 1st armor. I have no experience at building and I am really worried if I buy a kit I might ruin it . I have watched countless build videos and it seems easy enough if not time consuming. I wanted to get an opinion, Kit or pre-assembled?

Hi this will be my 1st armor. I have no experience at building and I am really worried if I buy a kit I might ruin it . I have watched countless build videos and it seems easy enough if not time consuming. I wanted to get an opinion, Kit or pre-assembled?

You're not alone. Not a single person here hasn't felt the way you're feeling now. Some have $350 kits, some have $2000 kits. Don't fret, when you're ready start a build post. We'll be here for you every step of the way.  :jc_doublethumbup:

Edited by ukswrath
  • Like 1

We all had no experience when we started. Lots of experts here to help at every step. Someone else here said it best: unless you're a doctor/lawyer/etc. and your salary equates to your time spent being worth more than the price difference, you should probably get a kit

It feels so cool that we are all in the same boat! There will probably be so many new build threads when this ships that the boards might explode!

I can't wait to get more concrete details on this kit though. Like a video preview and a more precise shipping date... I'm in here every day, many times a day, hoping for an update from GotMaul or a new piece of information, it's like I'm going crazy!!!!

• Like 1

"This is madness!"

I'm imagining the philanthropy stemming from these kits alone will be a substantial addition. Assuming they are any good in the first place

I love the enthusiasm of you new recruits. Remember to pay it forward as you go along. Encourage & support one another. Don't be afraid to be a teacher but never forget you'll always be a student. ;)  

• Like 4

I love the enthusiasm of you new recruits. Remember to pay it forward as you go along. Encourage & support one another. Don't be afraid to be a teacher but never forget you'll always be a student. ;)

Excellent post

We will form the 502nd if these turn out to be off point! :)

Edited by Pikmin
  • Like 3

Who is intending to head to London for celebration? We should have an Anovos TK meet up

One thing is for sure: with that pre-made helmet in the kit, this would at least result in a group photo with everybody having the same "face" on their helmets :D (no stunt or hero mixup)

Edited by T-Jay
  • Like 2